News: Jerry: "I told Jason that [Romo] would be back in."

Wood

Reaction score
Its his team.

Don't get all the hysteria over this

because there is no GM or Owner in league who walks down on field and tells the Head Coach who will be snapping the ball on next series. Games have ebbs and flows and Weeden clearly was more effective and Romo was clearly not healthy. You have to trust your HC decisions in that spot. This story isn't going away.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
The way I read it, it seemed like Jerry was just relaying news. Like telling Garrett Romo would be able to play not forcing Garrett to put him back in. I'm not saying it's what happened or that the other way didn't.

This is the way I read it also, Jerry was in the room while they were finishing the exam and it sounds like he was just relaying the news.

Zman5

Reaction score
Having the headphones on for few minutes probably confused him into thinking he was the HC for the game.

JJ: "Step aside trainee, I'm taking over as the HC!"

B1AMNleIMAACsWQ.jpg

mrmojo

Reaction score
Just glad Romo wasnt hurt worse....I thought he should have sat out because of that, but Im not the owner or GM....

Hoov

Reaction score
:facepalm:

For the record, I actually agree with putting Romo back in, assuming he was healthy. I'm not arguing with that, but it should be the coach's decision. Not Dr. Jerry's.

It seems a lot of people were for tony going back in

I did not want him to go back in. I was really upset with it last night and since have calmed down. Still I maintain that I don't see how it was a good decision. Primarily because he had looked awful against the blitz. Just completely ineffective. And I knew they would just keep bringing the blitz.

It's just too much of a high pressure situation and romo trying to make a heroic comeback increases the drama.

Plus he was not getting rid of the ball quickly.

Sometimes it seems that romo can be a bit stubborn. The disguised blitzes were rendering him helpless.

Weedon was calm and poised when he was in there. Who knows if he would have succeeded. But I am pretty sure it would not have been so erratic as it was with tony in there

Haslett had him flustered. Sometimes in sports there is a guy that just has ur number. Haslett is romo's nemesis.

So given the way the flow of the game was going and the injury and the high pressure game on the line situation I would have just liked to have weedon there as he was playing well the previous drive and seemed to be in a groove.

If weedon was looking ineffective then it's a different story.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Then he needs to grow some stones. He IS the HC right?

Easier said than done. I'm assuming he wants to keep his job too. He gets fired or quits, he probably never gets another NFL HC gig, certainly not as high profile as the Cowboys.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It's mind boggling. I don't think anybody would argue that Tony is far superior to Weeden when all things are equal but the fact of that matter is that Tony scored 7 points as QB and Weeden scored 10 in a pinch hitting role.

I thought it was a mistake to put Tony back in last night and I think it was a mistake to do it this morning. I've heard all the pundits say that if he was healthy, he should be playing but I don't see any way that you could look at Tony last night and come away thinking he was healthy. He struggled to drive the ball more then 20 yards downfield.

IMO, we should have gone with Weeden and saved Tony to fight another day. It's done now.

Let's say...they had rode w/ Weeden. And he won.

Then your opening yourself up to a QB controversy. It's a no win situation really. I think @ least that thought crossed some peoples minds last night. Wouldn't want to open that can of worms.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
It's mind boggling. I don't think anybody would argue that Tony is far superior to Weeden when all things are equal but the fact of that matter is that Tony scored 7 points as QB and Weeden scored 10 in a pinch hitting role.

I thought it was a mistake to put Tony back in last night and I think it was a mistake to do it this morning. I've heard all the pundits say that if he was healthy, he should be playing but I don't see any way that you could look at Tony last night and come away thinking he was healthy. He struggled to drive the ball more then 20 yards downfield.

IMO, we should have gone with Weeden and saved Tony to fight another day. It's done now.
I was telling ANYONE that would listen last night...Romo could not drive the ball down the field. And I don't mean the team. I mean his velocity and accuracy would not allow him take us on a 80 yard game winning drive. But as a lifetime fan of this team..I am used to ego and money being the driving forces of the Jerry Jones era!

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
The key word here is "If needed ....told him of course we need you". So he put Tony on the spot to be honest and knowing this I cannot blame Romo for asking to be put back.....
Jerry should have told him "No we are good .... we can handle it...we need you for Cardinals" or at least shut the **** up and let the doctors rest him...The man just had a back surgery and the season is long to put him through that again.....The man insists on making sure all his clown stuff get out there for people to grow believing he is an utter nut case of an owner

:cool:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Easier said than done. I'm assuming he wants to keep his job too. He gets fired or quits, he probably never gets another NFL HC gig, certainly not as high profile as the Cowboys.

But he's a high character guy I'm told. Those types don't crawl under rocks.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The key word here is "If needed ....told him of course we need you". So he put Tony on the spot to be honest and knowing this I cannot blame Romo for asking to be put back.....
Jerry should have told him "No we are good .... we can handle it...we need you for Cardinals" or at least shut the **** up and let the doctors rest him...The man just had a back surgery and the season is long to put him through that again.....The man insists on making sure all his clown stuff get out there for people to grow believing he is an utter nut case of an owner

Tony had already asked and received a shot in the back. Mickey and Broaddus said Dalrymple had a football coming out of the tunnel. That was all Romo.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

I don't think that's the way it went down. Romo was politicking pretty hard on the sidelines. JG should have simply told him to have a seat.
He is a walk around HC.

Ender

Reaction score

I agree... There was no reason for him to be back in the game.