Jerry: "If we got em talking about us then we're doing our job"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why doesn’t winning generate revenue / increase valuations? And if it does, then why isn’t that his strategy?
winning in the post season is not increase networth and value. how many teams have won in the past 20 years? and cowboys are still worth more than those teams. that says it all. its all about regular season wins. getting the fringe and average fans to come to stadium, buy merchandise and talk cowboys....the ardent, hardcore fans aren't going anywhere, so he had to expand the pie and he pulled in all those casual fans. they don't really care about championships. they care about the experience and Jerry gives them the experience.

slick325

Reaction score
The crazy thing is, this is the Dallas Cowboys, they don't need to be sold or marketed. They sell themselves. Why Jerry believes he has to carnival bark at this stage is beyond me.

I guess it's because the team hasn't been to an NFC Championship or SB in nearly 30 years he feels that relevance is the only "championship" his team can achieve.

Sad state of existence for the fans of his ball club.

nobody

Reaction score
Until Stephen is gone
We really don't know what Stephen will do when Jerry is gone. Is he better than Jerry? Probably not. But we have no idea if he'll hire a GM and give them the actual control they need to help the team. He might help make the team better, he might make things much worse. He might even sell the team. Who knows at this point?

All we know for sure is we're screwed with things remaining the way they are now.

Asklesko

Reaction score
He's got them talking about the Cowboys for all the wrong reasons. That is NOT winning.

Darkhound

Reaction score
I am 100% certain, that Jerry would not have lasted more than 5 years as a GM on any other team.
We are doomed with him and I just hope those of you who are still delusional, do not suffer and get over hyped

Sandyf

Reaction score
Really Jerry, what are they saying about us?
There is the problem. Jerry doesn't care if they are hating on us or loving us. The fact is they are talking about us and the players. It keeps putting Dallas in the spotlight, good or bad. Last week on the sports channels, I saw as much about the Cowboys and Dak and the dysfunction of the locker room than I saw about the two championship games. You know it made Jerry's day every day.

And even in the coaching hires, it was about if Quinn got this job or that one or would be back with Dallas and if not then every HC fired that was a DC guy was mentioned to Dallas not any other team. So still talking about Dallas.

How do you change it? Only when fans, like you and me, quit talking about them. If everyone went silent for two weeks, want to bet that suddenly Jerry would change his tune. I would.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what does it matter? you guys will be back looking at the draft and schedule like it's going to make a difference. I'm with Jerry, laughing about this crap.

JBS

Reaction score
winning in the post season is not increase networth and value. how many teams have won in the past 20 years? and cowboys are still worth more than those teams. that says it all. its all about regular season wins. getting the fringe and average fans to come to stadium, buy merchandise and talk cowboys....the ardent, hardcore fans aren't going anywhere, so he had to expand the pie and he pulled in all those casual fans. they don't really care about championships. they care about the experience and Jerry gives them the experience.
I don’t know if this is true or not. It’s very hard to know for sure. Pats and warriors (nba) have had huge spikes in valuation bc of championships but they also win tons of regular season games. The actions by Jerry suggest that you are probably right.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don’t know if this is true or not. It’s very hard to know for sure. Pats and warriors (nba) have had huge spikes in valuation bc of championships but they also win tons of regular season games. The actions by Jerry suggest that you are probably right.
but the GM is not capable of building a winning team for post season as Pats and Warriors did. too much ego at play. so focus is on regular season. and if you look at the numbers, cowboys being #1 valued franchise anywhere in all of sports, then Jerry is right. with that said, 28 years. Jerry now can't bring in a GM and admit defeat. that's too much for him. so things continue as is.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I'm not a Jerry hater, I do think he's the reason we don't win more though. Probably a huge reason based off some of his moves.

But this comment annoys the heck out of me. He obviously cannot read the room very well.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
what does it matter? you guys will be back looking at the draft and schedule like it's going to make a difference. I'm with Jerry, laughing about this crap.
You're right my furry friend.

Most will forget about how they feel right now and start drinkin' the secret sauce as always.

I quit 20 years ago, I don't even get mad anymore. No more smokin' 2 packs a game, changing shirts, changing seats, knocking of wood, or smacking the wife anymore.

I feel a lot better these days and my wife has only whooped me a few times in the last 20 years.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
He's got them talking about the Cowboys for all the wrong reasons. That is NOT winning.
Yes, he is, his family is winning...check his bank account.

And since we loyal fans won't change teams, he'$ going to keep on winning...

And he's indeed right, as long as they keep talking about his team, win or lose, hi$ family win$.

We're the fools, not him.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I am 100% certain, that Jerry would not have lasted more than 5 years as a GM on any other team.
We are doomed with him and I just hope those of you who are still delusional, do not suffer and get over hyped
Nobody would have ever hired Jerry to be GM because he had no qualifications for the job. 28 years later has just proven it beyond all shadow of a doubt.