News: Jerry: "I'm looking for reasons to keep Garrett"

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The best reason to keep Garrett is, Jerry will always be the voice of the Cowboys.

cern

Reaction score
Jerry's been playing a lot of U2 lately. Seems his favorites are "with or without you" and "I still haven't found what I'm looking for ".

Spurdog

Reaction score
Jones will have to fire him at the end of the season when we don't make the playoffs. Our schedule going forward is brutal, I doubt we do much better than 8-8. We've already shown we don't belong in the stadium with the Packer or the Saints (a healthy Brees and that game isn't close) and I doubt seriously we could hold up on the road with Seattle or the Rams. Our coaching staff continues to get schooled by those staffs over and over again and I think the pack could beat us without an OC, just Rodgers calling plays in the huddle.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Jerry is content with 1 and done seasons. It sells....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again it makes zero sense to not extend Garrett now if you truly believe he's an elite coach who would be highly sought after if he was a free agent coach.

He can say whatever he wants. He's leaving his options open based on the outcome of this season. It's plain as day.
He’s at least presenting the perception he’s leaving it open regardless if he’s intent on resigning him.

He certainly doesn’t want to let on his intentions. Although he has provided some insight during this process but he’s also playing or teasing the media and fans. Typical dysfunction by our ownership.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones will have to fire him at the end of the season when we don't make the playoffs. Our schedule going forward is brutal, I doubt we do much better than 8-8. We've already shown we don't belong in the stadium with the Packer or the Saints (a healthy Brees and that game isn't close) and I doubt seriously we could hold up on the road with Seattle or the Rams. Our coaching staff continues to get schooled by those staffs over and over again and I think the pack could beat us without an OC, just Rodgers calling plays in the huddle.
2011: "Jones will have to fire him at the end of the season when we don't make the playoffs... I doubt we do much better than 8-8."
HuZhfqA_d.jpg

2012: "Jones will have to fire him at the end of the season when we don't make the playoffs... I doubt we do much better than 8-8."
HuZhfqA_d.jpg

2013: "Jones will have to fire him at the end of the season when we don't make the playoffs... I doubt we do much better than 8-8."
HuZhfqA_d.jpg

This PSA was paid by the Jerry Jones Does Not Think Like Some Fans Committee.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I'm curious, how does the Dallas media treat Jerry overall? - cause I know if he was here in NY, the guy would be getting killed.
I don't think Jerry really cares what anybody thinks about him. He has built a money making brand and I believe he really wants to win, he just can't pull the trigger on Jason. He will make his decision after the season.

If he does let Jason go, he will just hire another one like him and the posters will start the "ripping" process all over again. All I have to say is :popcorn:.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Jerry really cares what anybody thinks about him. He has built a money making brand and I believe he really wants to win, he just can't pull the trigger on Jason. He will make his decision after the season.

If he does let Jason go, he will just hire another one like him and the posters will start the "ripping" process all over again. All I have to say is :popcorn:.
Jones cares what others think about him. Unfortunately, Jones' particular personality only cares what he believes is appropriate for others should think about him.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
It’s hard to get an effective coach and get it locked in with all you have to do retool and redo
Exactly, DO ANY OF YOU KNOW JUST HOW HARD IT TRULY IS TO GET ALL THOSE STRINGS ATTACHED TO YOUR PUPPET???? THE TIME AWAY FROM JOHNNIE W< AND HIS BUD, ICE??? Of course none of you do, THAT is why HE, JJ is the maker of all things cowboys...now go buy some jersey's, and tickets, lots of tickets, and bobble heads and.....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anytime an owner has to look for reasons to keep his head coach, his head coach probably shouldn't be there! :muttley: :grin:

Last edited:

Beaker42

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure how to take this or what it means.......lol

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...is-looking-for-reasons-to-keep-jason-garrett/

Jerry Jones is “looking for reasons” to keep Jason Garrett
Posted by Charean Williams on October 21, 2019, 3:06 PM EDT

The Cowboys front office repeatedly expressed public support for Jason Garrett last week in the midst of a three-game losing streak. Both Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones said Garrett’s job was not on the line in Sunday’s game against the Eagles.

They weren’t lying.

The Cowboys owner, in fact, said he wants to keep Garrett beyond this season after Garrett’s contract expires.

“I am looking for reasons. I’m looking for reasons to keep him,” Jones said. “It’s merited here. It’s hard to get an effective coach and get it locked in with all you have to do retool and redo
Jerry, you’re a wildcatter. Don’t marry yourself to your redhead stepson. Please get a coach like Shanahan who has his guys ready and playing fun.

mardwin

Reaction score
Unless there's a fan revolt in Dallas like in D.C. with the Skins there won't be a change in HC. Money is good for the Jones family and in the end, this is a business and is about the bottom line.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Scapegoat of the year 2018: Scott Linehan.......... scapegoat of the year 2019: Rod Marinelli
Ob la di, ob-la-da, life goes on
You’re not a scapegoat if you’ve been handicapping the team through your PPP (P**s Poor Performance). The hate is warranted. In Rod’s case, it’s not so much poor performance as poor personnel input and decisions.