Jerry in questionable photos with women

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He fined Marty B for cursing in a youtube video rap song about cereal.
Martellus Bennett consciously and voluntarily produced a video in which he "used derogatory language towards blacks and gays." The video was intended for anyone in the world to view. Bennett engaged in publicly disrespecting whole segments of the American (and arguably worldwide) population while associated professionally with the Dallas Cowboys franchise. A business would be shortsighted if it allowed an employee to not face repercussions for purposely denigrating a portion of its customer base.

In contrast, Jerry Jones posed for photographs that, if authentic, totally disrespects the institution of marriage. It is debatable that he intended the photos be disseminated for public consumption. The photos have surfaced in the public domain, however. At best, they feature the owner, president, and chief executive officer of an NFL franchise in a morally corrupt position emotionally hurtful to his family and the sensibilities of certain members of the general public. At most, the photos are offensive to some people's moral beliefs about marriage.

Jones may or will face repercussions of his own. But he will not be punished to an excessive degree because his actions are not on the same economically compromising level as Bennett's from a business perspective. In my opinion, Jones might attract the same type of peer and public backlash that other celebrities have endured during a perceived infidelity scandal.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He was shoving a young girls face in his crotch and groping the others breast. If you do not think thats is denigrating a portion of the fan base then we will have to agree to disagree DE

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I do ....... because this man has fined players and coaches before for embarrassing the Cowboys organization.

He is a member of that organization ...... he and his family should face the same consequences as an employee (not as an owner)

,,, and I find that hurtful, further proof that he is not a serious GM, just a self-aggrandizing rich old man that loves being a rock star. "Hope" just took another kick to the groin.

I get why you guys find it hurtful...

I just have thought the guy was a joke for a while now, so maybe I'm immune to feeling hurt by what he does. It's like I'm just chuckling and shaking my head. Same old, same old. He'll never see real consequences though until large portions of this fan base are fed up with him enough to put pressure on him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
And furthermore. He was posing for those pictures, its not like he was out in public and someone took pictures of him from the bushes. He was willingly taking pictures in rated r poses with girls younger than his grandchildren

Zordon

Reaction score
I can't imagine how those of you who grew up with the classy Landry Cowboys feel about this.

Jerry Jones, creating Texans fans since 2002.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I can't imagine how those of you who grew up with the classy Landry Cowboys feel about this.

The Landry Cowboys were not classy. But Tom Landry was

And thats an important thing. Having a leader you can be proud of

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

As someone who did, I find them disgusting. There's just nothing that can be done about it. Jerry's probably proud of them. It makes headlines and that's what he's all about.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was shoving a young girls face in his crotch and groping the others breast. If you do not think thats is denigrating a portion of the fan base then we will have to agree to disagree DE
Okay.

Zordon

Reaction score
The Landry Cowboys were not classy. But Tom Landry was

And thats an important thing. Having a leader you can be proud of

You're right, but would not agree that this is tacky and a big difference from the image of the organization 30-40 years ago?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get why you guys find it hurtful...

I just have thought the guy was a joke for a while now, so maybe I'm immune to feeling hurt by what he does. It's like I'm just chuckling and shaking my head. Same old, same old. He'll never see real consequences though until large portions of this fan base are fed up with him enough to put pressure on him.
I am not stating that you think so, but I believe the bold has been branded a fantasy after many years of not being seriously acted upon.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's funny. And not surprising.
This.

A quick glance at the cover archives link sitting below the cover being discussed gives numerous examples of sensationalistic exploitation. And that's an observation from just the past week's covers alone.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I am not stating that you think so, but I believe the bold has been branded a fantasy after many years of not being seriously acted upon.

It's not a fantasy... it's economics... but you're right, it hasn't gotten bad enough for enough people to seriously put pressure on him.