Twitter: Jerry: Jason Garrett is the real deal

khiladi

Reaction score
I told you, Jerry will change everything before he changes his adopted son. If this was anybody else, he would have listened to Wade and his other players, and Garrett would have been fired long ago. Jerry has gone through so many coordinators and position coaches and, changed defenses to continue to impression all faults were with the defense abc even started Dak over Romo for Garrett, and you think Jerry gonna fire his adopted son this season?

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
ok. he operates much like al davis did. al davis definitely was a brilliant football person yet when he got so old he couldn't get past old philosophies he ran it into the ground. he finally died and his son took over. it took him seven years before he finally had a competitive team. this is what we are looking at unfortunately... go cowboys, eh.... sure...

I think the big difference is Al Davis was the ultimate dictator who listened to know one, or didn't trust or respect anyone's opinion within the organization. Draft bust after draft bust, coaches hired/fired at a record setting pace, loss after loss, he was a one man wrecking crew.

khiladi

Reaction score
And to repeat:

Jerry fired Wade MID-SEASON to promote his adopted son Jason Garrett... he was itching to get Wade out of there as soon as possible, so this idea that Jerry gave Wade the vote of confidence is no proof at all... Wade was a filler for Jason, who was granted the OC job before Wade...

TO was Garrett’s scapegoat for his incompetence and struggling offense... Dez was as well... Greg Hardy was another. After 2012, when Jones was angry and said changes would be made, he fired everybody, except for Garrett. John Garrett, Jerry didn’t even fire but gave him a graceful exit. Even when they fired Rob Ryan, Jason gave the excuse that he didn’t give HIS offense more chances, meaning Garrett put it on the defense and Jerry changed the whole defense for him to a 4-3 and brought in Kiffen to protect him.. Garrett burned bridges with Callahan who built this OL and running game and tolerated Garrett interfering in his duties and Jerry tolerated it..

Now Jerry has convinced himself that he can relegate JG to a walk around HC with coordinators to do the coaching and win with them..

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think the big difference is Al Davis was the ultimate dictator who listened to know one, or didn't trust or respect anyone's opinion within the organization. Draft bust after draft bust, coaches hired/fired at a record setting pace, loss after loss, he was a one man wrecking crew.
Yea but unlike Jerry ,Davis was a great owner for over 2 decades. He just lost it. Jerry never had it.

khiladi

Reaction score
The only thing we can hope for, is the media keeps the attention on Jason Garrett’s major suckage so Jerry has to constantly play PR and put him on the defensive...

For years, Jerry and the Garrett crew had the media on their side, but it’s gotten so bad, even they can’t justify it anymore..

cowboys1981

Reaction score
If he didn't say "Holyfield" after real deal then he doesn't mean what he is saying.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Our hope is that these comments were made so theres a validity to him making the call to fire him after the season

“I thought you could take us to the super bowl and we finished 4-12”

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
giphy.gif
Good to know I can go ahead and make sunday plans in 2019 as well. I do appreciate the heads up

catiii

Reaction score
The drunken Arkansas plunger has spoken!! Meanwhile, the pit boss is gladly waiving the table max for this plunger while he throws out black chips like candy on Halloween.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Potty-mouthed tube steak must have worn knee pads at Princeton. I've gone from liking him to not liking him to despising him, his monkey and the horse he rode in on. Yep, he's part of the Jones family for sure.
well,now CC! I'm certain,
The PUTTY would absolutely love getting the GARRETT'S monkey into his stir-fry Wok bowl,,,& ,,,well, that Horse of his is just a dumb animal,I can't see the rightful cause into this level of detailed extent,ya-know?o_O

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I need to stop being a fan of this team.

This is utterly depressing.
I would hate to be in the battlefield next to some of you that give up so easily.....the team itself hasn't done anything to us, it's the lunatic ownership that is the problem.......as much as I complain about the way this ownership I'm not leaving my team.

I'm just thankful that we have a place like CZ where they are tolerant and allow is to come in and vent our frustrations along with other Cowboys fans. It takes me a couple of days to vent through how awful this team is run but at the end of the day we have to realize it's just entertainment and nothing life altering.