Jerry Jones accused of sexual assault

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wonder why the lawsuit is for so little money. A $1 million is a lot, but relative to Jerry's net worth it isn't much at all. Maybe she is telling the truth and it isn't all about the money. Or maybe she and her attorney are incompetent. How much of a $1 million would she take home if she won? Around $300,000 after taxes and paying her lawyer? Seems like a low number to me.

I would think the opposite. She sues for too much, it might be more scrutinized and she could end up with nothing. If she low-balls(no pun intended), she has a better chance to cash in some with Jerry just buying her off. Just my opinion......

joseephuss

Reaction score
I would think the opposite. She sues for too much, it might be more scrutinized and she could end up with nothing. If she low-balls(no pun intended), she has a better chance to cash in some with Jerry just buying her off. Just my opinion......

I could see that side of it as well. I just think $1 million seems very low. If he pays half of that, she would be walking away with a rather low amount. Just caught my attention. We shall see how everything plays out. True or false, none of it looks good and puts Jerry in a bad spot.

links18

Reaction score
I'm very close to turning in my fan card for this organization so long as Jerry Jones owns it. if he's convicted then good riddance and I'm out.

It'll get settled long before there is a verdict--probably with a non-disclosure clause and no admission of wrong doing.

rcaldw

Reaction score
It'll get settled long before there is a verdict--probably with a non-disclosure clause and no admission of wrong doing.

This is a proud billionaire, who is a narcissist... it may well be his strategy to bleed her dry using the court system. He certainly has the money to delay, delay, delay and outlast her, if the court system allows such a thing. I don't know how these kinds of cases work... so would he have the possibility to do this?

links18

Reaction score
This is a proud billionaire, who is a narcissist... it may well be his strategy to bleed her dry using the court system. He certainly has the money to delay, delay, delay and outlast her, if the court system allows such a thing. I don't know how these kinds of cases work... so would he have the possibility to do this?

He could bury her with discovery, but at some point her lawyer would get the chance to depose Jerry under oath. Does Jerry want that? Maybe a better question is does Jerry listen to his lawyer's advice or does he think he's as good a lawyer himself as he is a GM?

rcaldw

Reaction score
He could bury her with discovery, but at some point her lawyer would get the chance to depose Jerry under oath. Does Jerry want that? Maybe a better question is does Jerry listen to his lawyer's advice or does he think he's as good a lawyer himself as he is a GM?

Someone posting at another site (and seeming to be a lawyer) said that the attorney representing her is a dime store attorney, that there are major red flags in the document that has been posted, and that with Jerry's billions and attorneys he will crush them.

Nirvana

Reaction score
The timing after the recent release of the photos makes me suspect an ambulance-chasing lawyer tracked down the girl in the photo, then chose the person who took the photo as the one to file a lawsuit, as the girl in the photo is clearly having a good time. A possible strategy for Jerry's defense is to track down the girl who gave the BJ, write her a check for ten grand to deny it all, and then that would foil their case.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
This is news relevant to the team and it's future why is it relegated to a sub forum

I'll allow this one question because it was posted appropriately. These kinds of threads attract unwanted attention and this creates problems for the membership getting into trouble. This is where the admins want this thread so that is where it will be. While it is a Rant Zone it is still a legitimate forum for our members. It may be moderated just like any other Zone. It's a valid thread in a valid forum.

Please, don't question how the site is run publicly as two members have already been benched and I have no desire to do so for more. However this problem as well as questioning the staff is the number one rule on this site. Fair warning ok?

Last edited:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
And just because this is in the Rant Zone does not mean it is not moderated. If you're going to constantly troll you may have your post deleted and be benched. There is plenty of room for discussion of the topic without stupid one liners about Jerry yada.

erod

Reaction score
Someone posting at another site (and seeming to be a lawyer) said that the attorney representing her is a dime store attorney, that there are major red flags in the document that has been posted, and that with Jerry's billions and attorneys he will crush them.

...unless there are more photos. Or perhaps videos.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This whole problem was seen developing in the very tabloid way that it arose.

The prediction of a money grab was revealed from it's start. Courts protect the rights of scumbags and their women as well as nose to the grind people as well.

It's bad that extremes of criminals and morale degenerates also share much of the bar scene as well. They are drawn to the flash of money and don't mind a bending of rules to get it.

I've been in good places, that were merely fun and a good atmosphere. Some of them had adult levels of surrounding, but didn't miss the mark as to a general wholesomeness to the whole scene.

Europeans and many others around the world, aren't tied up neatly within an all or nothing sexual role. Prostitution is even regulated in many places.

Jerry has always been known as a work hard and party hard type of person. This time, a wrong crowd didn't care about insult involved, and wished to get paid off for just bringing forward a trash for cash, to be dealt with.

I'm sorry for Jerry, I'm sorry for his family, and I am sorry for real Cowboys fans alike.

CCBoy

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- Jerry Jones is fighting back against a former exotic dancer who filed civil suit against the Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager, claiming she was sexually assaulted.

[+] Enlarge
Tom Pennington/Getty Images

A lawyer for Jerry Jones called accusations against the Cowboys' owner and general manager "nothing more than an attempt to embarrass and extort" him.

"These allegations are completely false," Jones' attorney Levi McCathern said in a statement. "The legal complaint is unsupported by facts or evidence of any kind. This is nothing more than an attempt to embarrass and extort Jerry Jones. This is a shakedown by a lawyer who is a solo practitioner just trying to make a name for himself. The alleged incidents would have been more than five years old.

"We intend to vigorously contest this complaint and expect it will be shown for what it is -- a money grab. Due to the seriousness of these baseless allegations, we have also involved law enforcement."

According to the complaint, Jana Weckerly is seeking more than $1 million in damages...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ations-claims-extortion?ex_cid=espnapi_public

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
This whole problem was seen developing in the very tabloid way that it arose.

The prediction of a money grab was revealed from it's start. Courts protect the rights of scumbags and their women as well as nose to the grind people as well.

It's bad that extremes of criminals and morale degenerates also share much of the bar scene as well. They are drawn to the flash of money and don't mind a bending of rules to get it.

I've been in good places, that were merely fun and a good atmosphere. Some of them had adult levels of surrounding, but didn't miss the mark as to a general wholesomeness to the whole scene.

Europeans and many others around the world, aren't tied up neatly within an all or nothing sexual role. Prostitution is even regulated in many places.

Jerry has always been known as a work hard and party hard type of person. This time, a wrong crowd didn't care about insult involved, and wished to get paid off for just bringing forward a trash for cash, to be dealt with.

I'm sorry for Jerry, I'm sorry for his family, and I am sorry for real Cowboys fans alike.

Why are you sorry for Jerry? He puts himself in these situations. He's always out partying. He likes to drink. In the company of many.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why are you sorry for Jerry? He puts himself in these situations. He's always out partying. He likes to drink. In the company of many.

He came up with the wildcatters following college days where booze was flowing.

That aside, and I don't drink much now myself...but right is right, and someone being wrong on issues doesn't mean the guy who was targeted is now duplicit in that wrong. One can be mugged or targeted for for kidnapping these days, and not anywhere he's in a rough group.

I'm not tossing dirt on Jerry, for being a victim. Here, law enforcement has been invited into the investigation as well.

Some think anyone in a sports role is a target. That's on society...not just someone who does consume alcohol. That is still legal, as well as places that sell it.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

That aside, and I don't drink much now myself...but right is right, and someone being wrong on issues doesn't mean the guy who was targeted is now duplicit in that wrong. One can be mugged or targeted for for kidnapping these days, and not anywhere he's in a rough group.

I'm not tossing dirt on Jerry, for being a victim. Here, law enforcement has been invited into the investigation as well.

Some think anyone in a sports role is a target. That's on society...not just someone who does consume alcohol. That is still legal, as well as places that sell it.

You went all around my question but ok.

Tawney88

Reaction score

Did I miss where the case was dropped?
You don't know that he is a victim. He may be but unless this women recently came out and said she lied it is way to presuming to call Jerry a victim. Specifically in light of near rape if not rape type accusation.