Jerry Jones asked about the Eagles continuing to win close games

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He answered that as a real Joe. Your comment was just as full of insult as if it was your homework to complain and continue a whipping boy approach. He has put together a very respectable team and coaching staff, yet continue complaining as one's dominant value shown here. I give credit where it is now due. Tell me how many teams in the entire NFL has a better chance to beat either San Francisco or Philadelpia?
No one is beating the 49ers. The Cowboys didn’t. The Eagles won’t. And one or the other will get another shot at them in the playoffs and it won’t matter. Baltimore or Kansas City, that would be “no” as well.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry has long been in denial of the possibility that he and Stephen simply aren't managing the Cowboys as well as is needed to win vs. the elite teams of the NFL. Signing elite free agents is necessary for getting wins vs. teams like the Eagles and San Francisco. Scraping by with signing the cheapest veteran free agents possible isn't likely to serve the championship-winning purpose as admirably as it might be.

Jerry likely knows what the problem is but simply isn't willing to spend what it takes to get the talent necessary to serve his desires to beat the NFL's most elite contenders. I doubt Stephen has the power to refuse paying what it takes to refuse the signing of elite players without Jerry agreeing to do so. I believe Jerry much prefers pretending to be the innocent victim of circumstances beyond his control.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry has long been in denial of the possibility that he and Stephen simply aren't managing the Cowboys as well as is needed to win vs. the elite teams of the NFL. Signing elite free agents is necessary for getting wins vs. teams like the Eagles and San Francisco. Scraping by with signing the cheapest veteran free agents possible isn't likely to serve the championship-winning purpose as admirably as it might be.

I think Jerry knows what the problem is but simply isn't willing to spend what it takes to get the talent necessary to serve his desires to beat the NFL's most elite contenders. I doubt Stephen has the power to refuse paying what it takes to refuse the signing of elite players without Jerry agreeing to do so. I think Jerry much prefers pretending to be the innocent victim of circumstances beyond his control.
Myth is Jerry using intuition rather than gathered information and imput to establish the quality that now is the Dallas Cowboys. I don't insult what now is deserving status based on what amounts to whipping boy status not deserved in the present. Sorry guy...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
it's unfortunate that elite teams are created by performances of elite management. Elite GMs are desperately required as leaders. That's a fact. Some teams have such elite leadership available and some don't. I'm sure Jerry and Stephen would do far better if they only would and could. It happens.

Last edited:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The answer is very simple Jerry. The curse of Jimmy Johnson. After his induction into the ring of honour everything will finally be lifted. Black cats won’t even run on the field again. You’re going to exorcise the demons. :lmao:

Blackrain

Reaction score
"Jerry Jones is asked"
"Jerry Jones comments on"
"Jerry Jones gives his thoughts on"

No other owner does this.
Just for once I'd like to hear "Jerry Jones refuses to answer questions". Or "Jerry Jones has no comment"

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"tHe eAgLes aRe lUcky."

The Eagles and Bills have shown us two things this season: one team finds a way to win, while the other finds a way to lose. It's been going on all season.

Both happened again when they played each other.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's unfortunate that elite teams are created by performances of elite management. Elite GMs are desperately required as leaders. That's a fact. Some teams have such elite leadership available and some don't. I'm sure Jerry and Stephen would do far better if they only would and could. It happens.
Stephen A. Smith provides both men with "qualified" positive reinforcement:

Excerpted from 6:27 video mark of YouTube video, Seattle Seahawks vs. Dallas Cowboys | 2023 Week 13 Game Preview (link)

Gambit

Reaction score
No one is beating the 49ers. The Cowboys didn’t. The Eagles won’t. And one or the other will get another shot at them in the playoffs and it won’t matter. Baltimore or Kansas City, that would be “no” as well.
Cleveland Minnesota and Cincinnati all day Hi.

Big_D

Reaction score
It's comical that people still get worked up by him answering questions.
What’s comical is he’s the face of the franchise while the coaches take a backseat. The only team in the NFL where the owner puts himself front and center of every situation including these mid week Q&As.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
It is what good teams do, they find a way to win once they are punched in the mouth.

Gambit

Reaction score
What’s comical is he’s the face of the franchise while the coaches take a backseat. The only team in the NFL where the owner puts himself front and center of every situation including these mid week Q&As.
Maybe you're unfamiliar with Mike Macarthy, he is the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

He can be found answering questions almost daily at press briefings, AND, get this, has his own show where he discussed the Dallas Cowboys, it's called the Mike McArthy Show.

Hope this helps relieve some of your angst.

kevm3

Reaction score
Hmm could it be they have a GM that procures talent to help push them over the edge in close games?

Big_D

Reaction score
Maybe you're unfamiliar with Mike Macarthy, he is the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

He can be found answering questions almost daily at press briefings, AND, get this, has his own show where he discussed the Dallas Cowboys, it's called the Mike McArthy Show.

Hope this helps relieve some of your angst.
Does he come on before or after Jerry’s show? Or Stephen’s show? lol quit trying to spin it. All the football talk first and foremost goes through the owner, certainly not the HC.

Rajveer

Reaction score
"What have I done to deserve this?" - Jerry Jones

Jerrah needs a hug. He needs to hop on his chopper and fly down to his nearest strip club.

links18

Reaction score
He actually doesn't know what he did to deserve this? He doesn't remember signing that pact with Satan back in 89?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
He does it for the threads here.

We need to thank Jerry for never letting us down

Gambit

Reaction score
Does he come on before or after Jerry’s show? Or Stephen’s show? lol quit trying to spin it. All the football talk first and foremost goes through the owner, certainly not the HC.
Not spinning anything. You're angst seems to be that a private owner of a company that he has worked hard to build to the financial level of the Dallas Cowboys dares to speak to the media, then double down and say coaches are pushed to the back seat.

I'm merely pointing out that is not an accurate assessment of the situation, in the least.

Also, if you're capable, consider this, most coaches are actually very happy to not have to deal with the media and answer questions. Most prefer not to, but by nature of NFL Media policies they are contractually obligated to do so.

So, sir, or ma'am, with this newly learned knowledge, whom would you suggest provides the weekly answers to media and fan questions?

I highly suspect whomever you pick, if you didn't like the answers you'd still have angst.

amame25

Reaction score
I think he’s annoyed because Jerry often says things that could hurt the team… In this case, he basically gave the Eagles bulletin board material… outright, saying that they are lucky to be at 10 and 1
You think that's bulletin board
Because it's weird and embarrassing, he's making himself the center of attention for no reason. Imagine Bob Kraft commenting on the Jets defense or whatever, it's silly.
So you're embarrassed by someone else's action who you don't personally know? I think that says more about you than it does him.