Jerry Jones: Dak Prescott has room for improvement

Ben7

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...y-jones-dak-prescott-has-room-for-improvement

“The big thing is, we all know there is room for improvement,” Jones said. “The thing that I would emphasize more than anything is that Dak has room for improvement. And not just the scheme around him, but Dak can improve. That’s a big plus, when you’ve been playing the game seven years and you, by assessment, have some room to get better in. He did this year, I expect him to do it next year and the next year.”
What is Jerry on?!?!?!?! haha lol :facepalm::mad: :lmao: :muttley::thumbdown::laugh::angry::oops:

Ben7

Reaction score
I need specifics.....like what is Jerry seeing that he thinks Dak can improve?

He's not gonna get faster...

If he doesn't know the playbook by now...then that is a hopeless mess...

He already throws everyone under the bus....so he leads by fear of getting cut..
That's not changing

Just what exactly is Jerry selling us now?

:popcorn:
A trip to Mars! :muttley::huh:

dupree89

Reaction score
i would have some respect for jerry if he woulda come out and said...

Dak has to be better, he needs to figure out a way to play better in big spots; if we're going to pay him 50 million a year he needs to perform like it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
hum, so jerry is saying dak is a choker and better get better or he's gone? Jerry has heard all the excuses.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One more touchdown is an improvement. That is not what's needed. Dak needs a team around him that minimizes his overall contribution. Yes, he is the QB, but a better roster keeps him from trying too much.

Give him McCaffrey and Deebo, in the backfield; CeeDee, Hill and Brown, as receivers; Kelce, at tightend; Detroit's offensive line; Baltimore's defensive line and safeties; San Francisco's linebackers, Dallas defensive backs and kickers; he will win a championship.

offlimits

Reaction score
So what 'improvement', is he talking? The last three years have followed a similar path, good/excellent regular season form, especially with a lead (or against inferior opposition) only to blow it when it came to play-offs where the onus is on him to get the offense working against a deficit.

His issue's psychological .......how do we get Dak to: overcome anxiety, stay calm under pressure and not go Deer-headlights mode.
Hypnosis. Perhaps it could also cure his insatiable thirst for chasing after IG who***

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
These statements by Jerry seem aimed at preparing one and all for Dak being retained for the next few years. I'm flabbergasted somewhat that he refuses to admit that Dak's problems stem largely from the area between his ears. Curing such an ailment is very likely a long-term project, assuming there's a sure cure available at all. Miracles happen every day, but it's uncertain a change for that might come anytime soon. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One more touchdown is an improvement. That is not what's needed. Dak needs a team around him that minimizes his overall contribution. Yes, he is the QB, but a better roster keeps him from trying too much.

Give him McCaffrey and Deebo, in the backfield; CeeDee, Hill and Brown, as receivers; Kelce, at tightend; Detroit's offensive line; Baltimore's defensive line and safeties; San Francisco's linebackers, Dallas defensive backs and kickers; he will win a championship.
Yeah, so the problem there is, his salary will not allow you to put the all star team around him that he requires to even have a chance at winning anything. And even if you could do it, he's got the choker glitch. Those big googly eyes are gonna show up in the big game, we all know it, and now it seems his team knows it too. Not one word of support in 3 weeks.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry real says the stupidest things every single year. The gift that keeps on giving and you can’t return it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
That is the most asinine statement ever. Well, the one about we just need dak to hand the ball off, and throw some short curl routes. He's such a good guy we just want him to hand the ball off and for the whole team to carry him after he gets paid.

You can't make this ignorant crap up. Just remember to support the players, Jerry thinks he's doing great by you supporting the crap.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...y-jones-dak-prescott-has-room-for-improvement

“The big thing is, we all know there is room for improvement,” Jones said. “The thing that I would emphasize more than anything is that Dak has room for improvement. And not just the scheme around him, but Dak can improve. That’s a big plus, when you’ve been playing the game seven years and you, by assessment, have some room to get better in. He did this year, I expect him to do it next year and the next year.”
Don't we all.

DillusionalFans

Reaction score
So what 'improvement', is he talking? The last three years have followed a similar path, good/excellent regular season form, especially with a lead (or against inferior opposition) only to blow it when it came to play-offs where the onus is on him to get the offense working against a deficit.

His issue's psychological .......how do we get Dak to: overcome anxiety, stay calm under pressure and not go Deer-headlights mode.
easy, just don’t play against good teams then Dak can pad his stats against bad teams as usual.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jerry, just extend him, we don't care, we will support him to show you we love you and your judgment of chokers.
Remember guys support the players Jerry picked and don't question it, support lets Jerry know he's made a wise decision. Go, Jerry, we love your picks. Now let's all look at the draft and pretend we are making a difference. Jerry loves that too. "Look at those poor idiots pretending they are making a difference. Poor idiots. It makes me kind of proud and sorry for those idiots!"

don't forget to look at FA too, at guys you're not getting. :D

Staubacher

Reaction score
This is Garrett all over again. HC in training for a decade oh he'll be the next Landry. QB in progress for a decade oh he's the next Roger or Troy.

It's the hubris of an old arrogant narcissistic billionaire refusing to cut his losses and admit he was wrong.

DillusionalFans

Reaction score

Seeing Purdy (Mr Irrelevant) and Love (first year starter) dismantle our defense while Dak soils his pants while getting top-tier QB money must have embarrassed JJ so now he’s upset at Dak and trying to play mind games with Dak. This is even more depressing than our quick playoff exits.

DillusionalFans

Reaction score
This is Garrett all over again. HC in training for a decade oh he'll be the next Landry. QB in progress for a decade oh he's the next Roger or Troy.

It's the hubris of an old arrogant narcissistic billionaire refusing to cut his losses and admit he was wrong.
The more the fans and talk shows suggest what JJ should do, the more JJ does the opposite so that he can prove to us that he is so much smarter.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
facepunch.jpg

bottleKids

Reaction score

Stans are not going to like this ...