Jerry Jones: Dak stats are “garbage time” [Personal Opinion Included]

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is 2-3. He shattered the all-time NFL passing record thru the first 5 games.

Dalton, DiNicci, and Gilbert are 0-4.

Yards don’t make points. And you must have missed the part where Jerry pointed out how all this was garbage time stats, by teams getting blown out. Also was throwing a whole bunch of interceptions, putting opposing teams on scoring position. There is a reason this offense is among the bottom dwellers in turnover differential.

Andy Dalton won the game. We all saw it. Dak on the other hand is BELOW league average when he needs to score a TD to win games. It is what it is.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Better chance of winning 8 games with him with the current team, yes. Chance of winning more than 8 games after paying him 40 mill a year, no.
That’s a speculative argument based on whether we’ll actually pay him 40 million versus say 35 or what current market could be and what the Cap will be in coming years throughout his contract. And the success of the team will also have several other contributing factors not just impact of his contract.

Once QB’s are paid it always places a greater strain on franchises surrounding their QB with as much supporting cast. And why the best window to win is during Rookie contract.

But we have seen during Romo era and now with Dak the importance of remaining relevant and competitive without a franchise level QB.

I’m not sure I have confidence our dysfunctional organization can build a championship caliber team around any QB. Lol

black label

Reaction score
Haha. So when Lamb was playing well. You denied ever having said it. Now that hes playing with a high school QB you're no longer denying your completely stupid take. Amazing.
You make up too much stuff and btw Cedric's better than lamb lol

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Jerry just spoke on 105 the fan and basically stated that offense struggled even when Dak was starting and they only moved the ball more because teams defense allowed them to.

This owner will die without another ring. Dak & Will McClay to Atlanta is 99% guaranteed.

Anybody who follows football knows what Jerry is talking about. This team from the beginning of the season has dug huge holes at the start of games and more times our opponents would jump into their bend but don't break defenses. If you can't see that then the joke is on you!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Anybody who follows football knows what Jerry is talking about. This team from the beginning of the season has dug huge holes at the start of games and more times our opponents would jump into their bend but don't break defenses. If you can't see that then the joke is on you!
Let the kids have their fun!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Not accurate.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think most objective fans do but we must also take into account that the rally’s did bring the team back on the brink of winning. And those stats were a result of those efforts. Without them those games would have all been blowouts instead.

But in the end the results do matter. And how we created the deficits with turnovers matters. It’s not winning football.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think most objective fans do but we must also take into account that the rally’s did bring the team back on the brink of winning. And those stats were a result of those efforts. Without them those games would have all been blowouts instead.

But in the end the results do matter. And how we created the deficits with turnovers matters. It’s not winning football. Dak made it interesting with the comebacks while still falling short in most.

You can't allow anybody to get away with declaring that teams "jump into bend don't break defense" in the first quarter of games. Not only is it not true .. even if it was I GUARANTEE YOU that as soon as they watched the Cowboys score 2-3 TDs in a very short order they shifted right the F out of it. Any attempt to paint it otherwise is intellectually dishonest. But aside from the last drive before the half when you have a lead, nobody in the NFL plays prevent until the 4th quarter.. It's just an idiotic canard. People who did not fail math know that until you are up more scores than projected remaining possessions for your opponent you don't even think about it. That is football 101.. No matter what some talking head says on the air or some self-proclaimed expert writes in some self-aggrandizing article trying to show you he's right about something, I can tell you from having coached and having been around coaches for a LOT of my adult life nobody is doing what people are throwing out there as generally accepted doctrine. It simply doesn't happen.

Reactions: G2

FVSTONE

Reaction score

But in the end the results do matter. And how we created the deficits with turnovers matters. It’s not winning football.
I see what you're saying, but what happens in the NFL for some reason teams that jump out to big leads then make adjustments to their defense then all of a sudden they're back in a competitive game they don't have that same fire that they had at the beginning of a game. It's not like college where you get a team down and then beat the living s@#$%t out for 2 or 3 more quarters until games over. You don't see that a lot in the NFL.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Not accurate.
The h@#$ it isn't. This is actually how Dak got a lot of his yards. This team turned into the worst team in the NFL starting out games this year and defenses played accordingly. Bend but don't break, we'll give Dak his yards to a point. How many games did the cowboys win with Dak under center this year............

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
What a bunch of crap, Jerry!!!

Does this look like "garbage time" Dak stats???

Does this look like all 5 of those teams' Defenses were "allowing" Dak and the Cowboys Offense to "put up" stats???

You're full of crap for saying that, Jerry!!! So disrespectful to Dak, this whole Offense, O-Coordinator Kellen Moore, Head Coach Mike McCarthy and the coaching staff!

I've lost so much respect for you for being a weasel for saying such lies. Yes, we get it, that's your way of making up lies in order to weasel your way to make a drastic shortball contract offer to Dak this upcoming offseason, but you should at least have the guts to tell us all you simply don't want to pay Dak what he's earned and what he's truly worth...instead of making up lies!!!

I wish there was a "throwing the bird" emoticon to use here, because this "banging head on a brick wall" one gives my feelings towards this sniveling weasel of an owner no justice!
:banghead:

Jerry Jones is a backstabbing con-artist who will lowball his most important and best producing player on his team while making up lies to justify his actions. Folks, that's the sign of a COWARD!

I hope Dak goes elsewhere where he will be appreciated and paid his worth for what he brings to the table. It's clear Jerry doesn't want to pay Dak his worth, even though Jerry has so quickly overpaid so many others who have not lived up to being so overpaid. Forget you, Jerry, and your unappreciative ways of thinking! You deserve nothing but misery from this day forward, you weasel. I hope you draft another QB with a high pick...and that QB ends up being a big failure who doesn't even come close to putting up stats and moving this team's offense into scoring the way Dak has these past 4.3 years. I want to see karma hit you square in the face simply for being an unappreciative weasel who refused to take care of the best player you were lucky to have these past 4+ years, Jerry!

***??? :huh:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, I was right...greed > SB's. Just because some other scrub got paid, then this scrub should get paid also? Got it...carry on. smh

No, none of that is what I said. If you have to make crap up to have an argument then your argument is crap.

First, I didn't say it was greed, although of course players want to make the most they can, just as lawyers do and engineers do and teachers do and janitors do. That's common throughout society, and regardless of job description or pay level.

What I said was that people want to be compensated commensurate with what people in the same position and general talent level get paid. Whatever you do for a living I'm willing to bet you want to make at least in the same range as other people that do what you do.

Of course, what you ridiculously ignore is teams are just as responsible for driving up prices as players. That's what competition does - drives up the price. Nobody forces teams to pay the prices, they do so voluntarily to get players instead of other teams. That's how free enterprise works.

And I did not say teams should pay whatever another team paid. That's a decision for the team. If they feel a player is worth being paid at that level, that's fine, and if they don't they are free to pass on that player and look elsewhere.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The hell you are not saying that, that is exactely what you are saying!
Show me a quote where I said that.

I've been talking about a player asking for what he feels is a fair price. Nowhere did I say the team is obligated to pay it. That's just something you fabricated for the sake of an argument.

Section446

Reaction score
Yup, average QB that started really slow and feasted against prevent defenses, not that hard to figure out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup, average QB that started really slow and feasted against prevent defenses, not that hard to figure out.
He actually didn't start really slow in the games this season. Turnovers - mostly fumbles - slowed the offense early in several games, and even then there was only a 1.8 point differential between 1st half and 2nd half scoring in games Dak started. And it wouldn't have been a huge problem if the defense had been able to step up and at least help out a little.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This thread really cooled off after getting white hot for a minute.
I wonder if anything... interesting happened to certain someones.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'm sorry which NFL Team do you work for? Are you not a fan that gets caught up on meaningless stats and fails to see the overall big picture to determine a players worth?
Stop it right now.

We all know that everyone of us since the age of 8...

have all held QB..HC..RB..WR..GM and owner positions in our own backyards.

We are all equally qualified to quote ourselves as our own "unnamed sources".

You don't believe it?

Just keep reading.

:laugh: