Twitter: Jerry Jones: Has done his best job as GM the last few years

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's getting all of this in while he can still claim that his not-ready-for-prime-time coach has "got us in position to win the division and got a team here I firmly believe has the ability to be one of the better playing teams at the end". I suspect we will here less of his hubris for a little while if we tank this week.

If?

I don't think it's that difficult to predict. I can actually see the iceberg.

It will be amusing to watch this old fool squirm as it all falls down around him.

Methinks he doth protest too much! Almost in a last-ditch effort to try to rally the troops and get others to buy in to what he's trying to sell.

But I'm not stepping away from these lifeboats right here!

;)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dang, when I saw the title my indignation was higher than Ratliff's when Jerra said "We need you."

All that indignation gone to waste.

Doomsay

Reaction score
If?

Methinks he doth protest too much! Almost in a last-ditch effort to try to rally the troops and get others to buy in to what he's trying to sell.

I really think that this is his MO, he is using the hard sell as almost a challenge to the team IMO. Deep down, I got to believe that his confidence was really shaken last week, he almost seem to lose it in that Vikings game.

But I'm not stepping away from these lifeboats right here!

;)

Look carefully before you get in them, I think that Jerry got them from IKEA or something so that he could afford to refurbish the ship's captain's quarters.

CaptainCreed

Reaction score
Rob Carpenter ‏@robcarpenter81 45s
Jerry Jones has been doing a great job as GM as far as draft picks and signings. He just sucks as a GM as far as picking coaches.

Robert Littal ‏@BlkSportsOnline 3m
I love Jerry jones. Lol. Still need to chill on these drink prices at Jerry's world

Bomani Jones ‏@bomani_jones 6m
mike brown is cheap. we get that. jerry? jerry’s just…he just messes with y’all. that’s gotta be rough.

Bomani always tell it like it is.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Jerry: I'm doing a good job

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said he's been doing some of his best work in years, despite the fact his team is 21-21 since Jason Garrett took over as coach in 2011.

The Cowboys have also missed the postseason the past three seasons.

"The facts are I really do think, the way things have rolled out, I'm getting to do some of the best work that I've done, relatively speaking in my career, over these last several years," Jones said Friday morning on KRLD-FM.

nfl_u_jonesj_65x90.jpg
The facts are I really do think the way things have rolled out I'm getting to do some of the best work I've done, relatively speaking in my career over these last several years.

” -- Jerry Jones
Since 1997, the Cowboys have posted a 133-133 mark with Jones as GM.

The Cowboys have struggled on defense this season, ranking 31st overall, last against the pass and 29th against the run. Last year, Jones fired defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, now with the New Orleans Saints, and hired 73-year-old Monte Kiffin. Jones expressed confidence in Kiffin earlier this week and isn't second-guessing the decision to hire him.

The Cowboys (5-5) have allowed opposing quarterbacks to throw for 400 or more yards an NFL-record four times, gave up a league-record 40 first downs to the Saints two weeks ago, and watched Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson catch 14 passes for 329 yards against them on Oct. 27.

Injuries have hurt the unit, with defensive end DeMarcus Ware (thigh injury) missing three games and cornerback Morris Claiborne (two games), safety J.J. Wilcox (three games) and defensive tackle Jason Hatcher (one game) also having been lost to injuries.

Jones also made the move to have Garrett no longer call the offensive plays. Instead, offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Bill Callahan is doing it.

It's been met with mixed results.

The Cowboys had a franchise-low nine rushing attempts in a Nov. 3 victory over the Minnesota Vikings, dealt with injuries to wide receiver Miles Austin, and lost starting guard Brian Waters to a season-ending triceps injury.

But Jones is confident the return of several players from injuries will help over the final six weeks of the season and push the team into the playoffs.

Jones noted he plans on serving as GM for another 10 to 15 years. He has told the players he'd rather be with them than do anything else.

"Of course, I said it, and I really meant that, and just think about that a minute: Why wouldn't you?" Jones said. "One of the reasons that I, to some degree, have taken the risks that I have over the years, and kind of had the professional life that I followed, is so that I get to decide when enough is enough. God willing. So I do get to decide that.

For the rest ---> http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...wner-dallas-cowboys-says-doing-best-job-years

scottsp

Reaction score
Bomani Jones knows. Jerry sound rarely comes with informational value. His primary purpose for speaking is to remain top of mind. Once again (as was the case with comments made earlier in the week) ....grain of salt.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
no denying that he has done a better job of talent evaluation recently. But his decisions on trades and contract negotiations leave a lot to be desired.

morasp

Reaction score
I was listening to yesterdays talkin cowboys and they were joking at the beginning that if his wife was running the team it would be doing a lot better.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
He's not delusional. He knows he's a joke. The pathetic lack of depth is a testament to the "best work" he's been doing. He's just reveling in the fact that the only people who can hold him accountable are fans, and he knows the suckers will keep showing up every week and buying their kids Cowboys jerseys for Christmas.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
#FTW RT @calvinwatkins: Jerry Jones on KRLD-FM said he's been doing some of his best work as a GM the last few years.
Jerry Jones said he could do anything he wants to do but rather stay with the team.
WE ARE DOOMED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 17m
Jerry says he's been doing some of his best GM work, could see doing it another 15-20 years. "I just don't want to be doing anything else."

---------------------

He trolling y'all... lol