Twitter: Jerry Jones: Has done his best job as GM the last few years

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
#FTW RT @calvinwatkins: Jerry Jones on KRLD-FM said he's been doing some of his best work as a GM the last few years.
Jerry Jones said he could do anything he wants to do but rather stay with the team.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 17m
Jerry says he's been doing some of his best GM work, could see doing it another 15-20 years. "I just don't want to be doing anything else."

---------------------

He trolling y'all... lol
WE ARE DOOMED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I haven't been able to stop laughing since I opened this thread. Sometimes, the situation calls for finding the humor.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Is that slang for something I am not aware of?

I've never heard the term used before but I assume he's referring to the imminent salary cap implosion that is going to hit this team within the next two years. From what I hear we are $31 million over for next year but can get under with some restructuring. The year after that though we are facing a cap crisis of biblical proportions that may be impossible to fix without gutting the roster. We shall I guess

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
"It's a certain part of working for yourself if you still are standing when the time comes. So I get to really make that decision, and I want to make it in a way that I think is in the best interest of the team, franchise and really our fans. A lot of people just need to hear me say I know it's in our best interest for us to operate the way we have.

"It's unfortunate that over these last five or six years that we haven't had a few things turn right for us at the end of the season -- needing to win one of out of two games to get into the playoffs, having a healthy quarterback, all of those things. But we've been a lot closer than it seems."

Does anybody need to hear him say that? I mean I know that I don't.

links18

Reaction score
Yeah, I did my best auto repair work last weekend when I changed the oil in my own car for the first time. Of course, I am still far away from anyone wanting to give me a job as a professional mechanic. I am also not entirely sure I got the oil filter on there tight enough.......

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
#FTW RT @calvinwatkins: Jerry Jones on KRLD-FM said he's been doing some of his best work as a GM the last few years.
Jerry Jones said he could do anything he wants to do but rather stay with the team.

Jerry says he's been doing some of his best GM work, could see doing it another 15-20 years. "I just don't want to be doing anything else."

---------------------

He trolling y'all... lol

You know, he probably really beleives this.
He has no one to tell him differently.
I had really hoped that Stephen would help him see reality, but that hope is fading fast.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
So he's been GM now for how many years? Anyone else would have been fired for taking 20+ years of on the job training to do their best work.

Jerry just needs to fire everyone and run the whole show, including the Head Coach.

fifaguy

Reaction score

seth-rogan-no.gif

rwalters31

Reaction score

With 'best work' in recent years, Jerry Jones hopes to be GM for 15-20 more
Oh my god! Holy S! I'am going to be dead before we see another Super Bowl!!!

Reaction score
If Jerry is such a great GM, he should sell the team, give the proceeds to his family and put his GM services on the open market and see how many teams show an interest.

I think he'd starve to death waiting, but I could be wrong.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Every time I hear Jerry speak, I think of this: "Better to be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt." I believe that quote is attributed to Mark Twain, but it sums up Jerry quite nicely.

visionary

Reaction score
You know, he probably really beleives this.
He has no one to tell him differently.
I had really hoped that Stephen would help him see reality, but that hope is fading fast.

the myth that stephen will be any better needs to be put to bed

he has followed in the footsteps of the master and is learning from the best shyster in business