Twitter: Jerry Jones: Has done his best job as GM the last few years

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I don't know what the problem is with Jerry making that statement. Based on the crap he's given us since Jimmuh left, he is right!

Tooky

Reaction score
There is a fine line between genius and idiot, with that statement Jerry just tipped the scales. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
  1. Saw this post on PFT. Scary thought that the worst is yet to come.
    1. araidersfan says:Nov 22, 2013 1:32 PM
      Coming from a Raider fan for 40 years I see a complete parallel of Jerry Jones to Al Davis. Al was highly successful when Ron Wolf was his right hand and Jerry was very successful when Jimmy Johnson was his HC and acted as GM. Both didn’t do very well when they handled GM duties all on their own.

As a warning to Cowboys fans, I think the worst is yet to come. My Raiders wallowed in mediocrity from 1986 to the turn of the century and the bottom fell out with them becoming terrible starting in 2003 when Al completely lost it. The Cowboys have been mediocre for the last 15 years but I think that as Jerry gets older (and more senile) Dallas will have a lot of horrible years that’ll make the current mediocrity pleasant in comparison.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
  1. Saw this post on PFT. Scary thought that the worst is yet to come.
    1. araidersfan says:Nov 22, 2013 1:32 PM
      Coming from a Raider fan for 40 years I see a complete parallel of Jerry Jones to Al Davis. Al was highly successful when Ron Wolf was his right hand and Jerry was very successful when Jimmy Johnson was his HC and acted as GM. Both didn’t do very well when they handled GM duties all on their own.

As a warning to Cowboys fans, I think the worst is yet to come. My Raiders wallowed in mediocrity from 1986 to the turn of the century and the bottom fell out with them becoming terrible starting in 2003 when Al completely lost it. The Cowboys have been mediocre for the last 15 years but I think that as Jerry gets older (and more senile) Dallas will have a lot of horrible years that’ll make the current mediocrity pleasant in comparison.

You know if Jerry would not have found Romo for free, we would probably have had more losing seasons than winning and .500 seasons.
Once Romo leaves we are are starring at the Abyss.
Romo is good for several wins himself.
Without Romo to hide Jerry's poor decisions , it gonna get real ugly, real quick.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You know if Jerry would not have found Romo for free, we would probably have had more losing seasons than winning and .500 seasons.
Once Romo leaves we are are starring at the Abyss.
Romo is good for several wins himself.
Without Romo to hide Jerry's poor decisions , it gonna get real ugly, real quick.

When Romo leaves we will be lucky to win 3 or 4 games a year.................seriously.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yesterday was "Opie is coming back no matter what".

Today is "I kick arse as a GM".

I wonder what Jerry will say tomorrow?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
the myth that stephen will be any better needs to be put to bed

he has followed in the footsteps of the master and is learning from the best shyster in business

Oh man... don't ruin my weekend.

Let me live in ignorance for a little while longer... I hear it's bliss.

Corso

Reaction score
Looks like I'll have to keep the jokes flowing in the game thread Sunday.

I joined a game thread once a few weeks ago.

I couldn't keep up. I'm too into watching the game rather than babysitting a hundred (maybe several hundred) emo fans.

Talk about a bipolar, live in the absolute moment fanbase...

I salute you and all the mods on Gameday. Honestly.

ftghb

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the day jerry decides to take over this entire operation and name himself HC, OC, and DC.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I joined a game thread once a few weeks ago.

I couldn't keep up. I'm too into watching the game rather than babysitting a hundred (maybe several hundred) emo fans.

Talk about a bipolar, live in the absolute moment fanbase...

I salute you and all the mods on Gameday. Honestly.

There's a reason I'm the most active mod in game threads.

I'm King Emo.

I've cut every player so many times.

But I do not whine about officiating. Shout out to @Vintage

Corso

Reaction score
There's a reason I'm the most active mod in game threads.

I'm King Emo.

I've cut every player so many times.

But I do not whine about officiating. Shout out to @Vintage

Ha ha! That's awesome. I give you much respect for having the ability (both physically and emotionally) to handle it.