Twitter: Jerry Jones: Has done his best job as GM the last few years

Plankton

Reaction score
1354088295_6050_jones.jpg

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
  1. Saw this post on PFT. Scary thought that the worst is yet to come.
    1. araidersfan says:Nov 22, 2013 1:32 PM
      Coming from a Raider fan for 40 years I see a complete parallel of Jerry Jones to Al Davis. Al was highly successful when Ron Wolf was his right hand and Jerry was very successful when Jimmy Johnson was his HC and acted as GM. Both didn’t do very well when they handled GM duties all on their own.

As a warning to Cowboys fans, I think the worst is yet to come. My Raiders wallowed in mediocrity from 1986 to the turn of the century and the bottom fell out with them becoming terrible starting in 2003 when Al completely lost it. The Cowboys have been mediocre for the last 15 years but I think that as Jerry gets older (and more senile) Dallas will have a lot of horrible years that’ll make the current mediocrity pleasant in comparison.

Gee, thanks for the words of encouragement

Wolfpack

Reaction score
“A lot of people just need to hear me say I know it’s in our best interest for us to operate the way we have. It’s unfortunate that over these last five or six years that we haven’t had a few things turn right for us at the end of the season, needing to win one out of two games to get into the playoffs, having a healthy quarterback, all of those things. But we’ve been a lot closer than it seems.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/1...-jones-gives-gm-jerry.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

He is a POS owner and GM. He's surpassed Al Davis by far this year as the craziest owner in all sports. Al at least won and could coach.

So I actually had dinner with an NFL agent on Friday, he said Jerry is an Ego tool...you can negotiate with him like a child if you just stroke him enough. Said Steven listens to Dad.....

dupree89

Reaction score

He is a POS owner and GM. He's surpassed Al Davis by far this year as the craziest owner in all sports. Al at least won and could coach.

totally agree. World class businessman and a complete zero as an NFL Executive. I am trying to understand why Jerry feels such comments are necessary. Is he that insecure? Is he really starting to hear people around the league that say he is the problem? I dont think I have ever heard an NFL GM come out and say that his last few years have been his best.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Wow, he seriously thinks "we are closer than it seems".

We are 500 every year with your totally incompetent head coach........................I seriously think dementia is starting to set in.............he thinks we are like 1 or 2 players away................WOW.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Well when you don't make two of the worst trades in NFL HISTORY (Roy Williams/Joey Galloway), it's hard to be any worse.

There is a recent one that ranks right up there with those. Carson Palmer to the Raiders for a 1st and 2nd round pick. Palmer wasn't even on the Bengals anymore. I'm pretty sure there were some traffic laws broken that day by Bengals execs trying to get to the office to finalize that deal. I hope that Mike Brown at least wore a mask, cuz the Raiders got robbed.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
131017jerry_323x216.jpg

"Hey, that hurts my feelings. Tryin' my best here.
..... Now where'd my glasses-wiper get off to?"

jerry%20jones%20asswipe.png

Jerry_Jones_Monte_Kiffin_Fired_Cowboys_Defense_Trainwreck.jpg
jerry-jones-outrage-meme-generator-i-want-me-some-glory-hole-9328f0.jpg

hra8700

Reaction score
I think jerry is right. The past few years with garrett he has made very few boneheaded decisions, hasnt't given out too many ridiculous contracts, hasnt made any ludicrous draft moves, and has done a better job looking for surplus value.

Thats a big reason I want to keep Garrett. I never want another Roy Williams trade.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Lets look at a list of some of Jerry's recent greatest hits as GM:

1) Ignore the DL in '13 draft even though the depth is shaky at best
2) instead draft a TE in round 2 that can't even beat out the incumbent backup who actually can make plays when he's not ignored in the offense
3) Trade up & give up a 2nd rounder for Claiborne who's had no impact
4) Tell the press Garrett will be your guy in '14 despite little evidence that the job is not too big for him
5) solve your RG problem by signing a 36 year old whose best days are behind him (and I like Waters)
6). Hire a washed up 73 year old as your answer at defensive coordinator then say you made a mistake

This once proud franchise is doomed. It's sad to see. It really is.

Plankton

Reaction score
I had mentioned a while back that the questions being raised about him relinquishing the GM role would only cause him to dig himself in further.

Consider this exhibit A.

Unless he becomes incapacitated, passes away, or suffers a significant hit to his bottom line, Jerry Jones will be the face of this organization for the foreseeable future.

So in other words, we are stuck with him.....

hollywood-hogan-nwo-4-life-o.gif

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
“A lot of people just need to hear me say I know it’s in our best interest for us to operate the way we have. It’s unfortunate that over these last five or six years that we haven’t had a few things turn right for us at the end of the season, needing to win one out of two games to get into the playoffs, having a healthy quarterback, all of those things. But we’ve been a lot closer than it seems.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/1...-jones-gives-gm-jerry.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

So I actually had dinner with an NFL agent on Friday, he said Jerry is an Ego tool...you can negotiate with him like a child if you just stroke him enough. Said Steven listens to Dad.....

Wow. That sounds about right. I can only imagine what people think of the jones family around the league.

They must have a ton of fun with it.