Twitter: Jerry Jones: Has done his best job as GM the last few years

Fansince64

Reaction score
This is what a semi-functional alcoholic who's lied himself into an alternative reality sounds like.

One of the absolute best and most succinct quotes describing JJ I've ever read!!! Kudos to you.

Monte Sliger

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I've never heard the term used before but I assume he's referring to the imminent salary cap implosion that is going to hit this team within the next two years. From what I hear we are $31 million over for next year but can get under with some restructuring. The year after that though we are facing a cap crisis of biblical proportions that may be impossible to fix without gutting the roster. We shall I guess

Depending how things progress from here, that may not be a bad thing.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
these are dark days.

this team has virtually no hope with him as GM, and I've almost given up on them.

how can people continue to endorse this terrible product on the field by putting money into his pocket? It's gotta change here pretty soon. The cowboys are a running joke among NFL fans.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
these are dark days.

this team has virtually no hope with him as GM, and I've almost given up on them.

how can people continue to endorse this terrible product on the field by putting money into his pocket? It's gotta change here pretty soon. The cowboys are a running joke among NFL fans.

Are we still 5-5 because this sounds pretty bad.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Are we still 5-5 because this sounds pretty bad.

this is jerry. this is the cowboys. i can't even say the past 16 seasons have been up to mediocre.

insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting different results.

keeping a coach that has literally made no improvement since he stepped in: insane

draft defense for 3-4, invest hundreds of millions, then switch to 4-3: insane

hire 73 artifact defensive coordinator with washed up scheme: insane

hire OC before HC: insane

sign unproved/old players to ridiculously high contracts: insane

keeping the same GM with a 131-131 record over 16 seasons: insane?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
this is jerry. this is the cowboys. i can't even say the past 16 seasons have been up to mediocre.

insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting different results.

keeping a coach that has literally made no improvement since he stepped in: insane

draft defense for 3-4, invest hundreds of millions, then switch to 4-3: insane

hire 73 artifact defensive coordinator with washed up scheme: insane

hire OC before HC: insane

sign unproved/old players to ridiculously high contracts: insane

Yeah, he is insane...insanely rich! I wish I was that insane.

He may not know how to run a football team, but he is definitely not insane. Maybe us Cowboy fans are the insane ones? Ever think about that? If not for us, he would not be one of the wealthy's men on the planet.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The timing of it seems a little cruel considering this is the 50th anniversary of Dallas taking down a family and it's power.

I'm going to hell for what I think and wish about Jerry Jones.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Did Jerry really say that about himself... when I read the title I thought someone else had....hilarious. Bigger ego Jerry or .....put name here.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Oh man. What is he using to evaluate himself?

I see blunder after blunder after blunder

He's using the Al Davis General Manager Rating System.

It's determining factors are how many facelifts have you had..

..multiplied by the number of years since you last won a SB

..divided by the number of coaches you have hired after your last SB..

Bingo.

NFL GM of the Year Award.

In his own mind.

Has Jones ever won that honor..?

Seriously ?

I don't ever even remember him being in the running.

Anyone ?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I cannot imagine any other NFL team hiring Jerry as anything but a marketing guy. He'd have virtually no chance getting a GM job anywhere else. But he's old & pickling by the day. He says idiotic things because of that.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
The timing of it seems a little cruel considering this is the 50th anniversary of Dallas taking down a family and it's power.

I'm going to hell for what I think and wish about Jerry Jones.

Jerry jones trying to upstage The JFK assassination? You have to be kidding me.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Not sure what all the uproar is about. When you consider how bad we have been when Jerry had full control (any years outside of Jimmy and Parcells), you would have to admit this is probably the best job he's ever done.

That's not saying much, because we're still mediocre and stuck in neutral, but compared to his 5-11 seasons, Jerry isn't exactly lying. Not something I would go bragging about, but he's not lying.