Twitter: Jerry Jones: "I'm just gonna say this to y'all, give me some credit, OK?"

cowboybish

Reaction score

Jones when asked a follow-up question about CeeDee Lamb’s contract situation: “I’m just gonna say this to y’all, give me some credit, OK? You don’t think I’m good with numbers? You think I know how to add and subtract? Do I know how to talk? And sell? I realize all the criticism and I understand it. As a matter of fact, I try to stir it up. And I have since I got here. That’s good. Be relevant. It works.”

How can anyone give you credit, Mr. Jones when it’s been almost 30 years since you’re less Super Bowl appearance. You screwed up 30 years ago when you said anybody can coach this team and lost Jimmy so just shut up until you can bring another Super Bowl you’ve done nothing.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Amon Ra St. Brown got signed the moment he was eligible for 30m$. Had they waited until next year, it would have been 35m$. Had they wait until he was on the franchise tag, it’d be 40m$.

CeeDee should have been signed in March of 2023. Before the 1700 yard season. Probably would have been slightly more than AJ’s 25m$ AAV. Let’s say he got Davante’s 27, give him the benefit of the doubt. Now it’s 33+. What will it be after Chase signs? Everything that’s happened after his third season ended has been complete stupidity. Did they question if he was going to be a longterm Cowboy after going for 1100 and then 1300 yards?
Brown what if he didn't have a good year he wouldn't have that same asking power. CEEDEE signs earlier that's fine we save money but he comes in two years to ask for more then sits out again

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
How can anyone give you credit, Mr. Jones when it’s been almost 30 years since you’re less Super Bowl appearance. You screwed up 30 years ago when you said anybody can coach this team and lost Jimmy so just shut up until you can bring another Super Bowl you’ve done nothing.
Call him Jones not Mr

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Brown what if he didn't have a good year he wouldn't have that same asking power. CEEDEE signs earlier that's fine we save money but he comes in two years to ask for more then sits out again
Brown, like CeeDee, was a 900 and 1100 yard receiver his first two years. It wasn’t just year 3, it was the trajectory of his career that got him the bag.

With CeeDee, he’d still have year 4 and 5 and then the start of the new deal, so even if he unreasonably sat out with 2 years left on the contract, that’s still 5 years ago

lkelly

Reaction score
f07c844e5802e79fb57722b3acf2f94e1ae4edc4.jpeg

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I am NO fan of Jerry, but I understand what he's saying here: I've done big contracts and I've done all of that other stuff...if I'm not doing it now...give me CREDIT and know I have reservations."

It's not what people want to hear, but it's the truth. We are going through a rebuilding phase unless Dak caves and takes significantly less money. Everyone just has to slowly come to accept this.

Brax

Reaction score
I am NO fan of Jerry, but I understand what he's saying here: I've done big contracts and I've done all of that other stuff...if I'm not doing it now...give me CREDIT and know I have reservations."

It's not what people want to hear, but it's the truth. We are going through a rebuilding phase unless Dak caves and takes significantly less money. Everyone just has to slowly come to accept this.
I’d actually have a little respect for Jerry if he lets them actually prove themselves and kick Dak and MM to the curb if they fail again

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

lol rebuilding and Jerry jones...yes some of us need to come to accept something in this thats for sure.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Wow. We're seeing the real Jerry in his own words. None of the home spun, country bumpkin pseudo-wisdom. Jerry straight up telling us who he is.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Jones when asked a follow-up question about CeeDee Lamb’s contract situation: “I’m just gonna say this to y’all, give me some credit, OK? You don’t think I’m good with numbers? You think I know how to add and subtract? Do I know how to talk? And sell? I realize all the criticism and I understand it. As a matter of fact, I try to stir it up. And I have since I got here. That’s good. Be relevant. It works.”

Jerry, you'll get credit when you earn it. Quit living off Jimmy Johnson's past...

foofighters

Reaction score

So is this the new strategy? Dak's message wasn't terrible but when a team starts clapping back at fans, that's not really a good sign. Sure the Cowboys could drop a million fans and they'd still be fine but the team actually has to stop the bleeding. If not, a million here and there after awhile adds up.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So is this the new strategy? Dak's message wasn't terrible but when a team starts clapping back at fans, that's not really a good sign. Sure the Cowboys could drop a million fans and they'd still be fine but the team actually has to stop the bleeding. If not, a million here and there after awhile adds up.
Jerry is running out of time and now because he cant earn the credit he is just straight up telling his media minions to give it to him.