Twitter: Jerry Jones: "I'm just gonna say this to y'all, give me some credit, OK?"

jujoboys

Reaction score
He is not good at anything other than knowing he needs to keep paying Will McClay to stick around. Dummy just won't admit he has messed up another negotiation with another player. CeeDee should have been extended after his 3rd year. We probably could have signed him to around $20 million a year at that point. We knew he was going to be a stud so get it done early before the price goes up too high. Of course Jerry waits so now we are looking at maybe $35 million a year. Same thing is going to happen with Parsons. Right now we are staring at $30 million a year if we sign him up right now. Wait until next year and it may be $40 million. No brainer studs need to be signed up as early as possible for as many years as possible.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Straight out of the "A Few good Men" playbook, He wants to say it he needs to say it!

"Your damn right I ordered the code red and I'll do it again!"
"My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes me money!

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at camp,

You Want me as GM!, You need me as GM!"

stiletto

Reaction score
He is not good at anything other than knowing he needs to keep paying Will McClay to stick around. Dummy just won't admit he has messed up another negotiation with another player. CeeDee should have been extended after his 3rd year. We probably could have signed him to around $20 million a year at that point. We knew he was going to be a stud so get it done early before the price goes up too high. Of course Jerry waits so now we are looking at maybe $35 million a year. Same thing is going to happen with Parsons. Right now we are staring at $30 million a year if we sign him up right now. Wait until next year and it may be $40 million. No brainer studs need to be signed up as early as possible for as many years as possible.
How is someone who has a $200 million yacht "not good at anything"? The man knows how to make deals and money. He just has the ability to flap his gums and not say a whole lot most of the time. I overall don't blame him for being wizzed off by these players wanting top tier money who have shown pretty much nothing in big games.

Their worth is being amplified because they wear the Star and get a lot of media attention. I rarely agree with Jethro, but he's right to be stubborn on these handicapping contracts for players who have a litany of warts.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How is someone who has a $200 million yacht "not good at anything"? The man knows how to make deals and money. He just has the ability to flap his gums and not say a whole lot most of the time. I overall don't blame him for being wizzed off by these players wanting top tier money who have shown pretty much nothing in big games.

Their worth is being amplified because they wear the Star and get a lot of media attention. I rarely agree with Jethro, but he's right to be stubborn on these handicapping contracts for players who have a litany of warts.
and that would be 100% correct but how did we get here? Who was driving the $10 billion dollar franchise to this point? The truth is we can blame the coaches, players and hell lets blame the medical staff also...there is only 1 truth that has been here through all of it though...Dak, CD, Micah are just the latest names of our bane i can easily come up with the last 3 and the 3 before that and so on and so on..Here is a good place to start, name me the other GM's to fire the HC who just won 2 SB AND keep thier job...This is me officially giving Jerry credit for all of it..

jujoboys

Reaction score

We are talking about his job as GM of the Dallas Cowboys. I could care less how much money he makes off the Cowboys, oil wells, energy companies, etc. I gave him credit for keeping McClay around so there is that. However, just look at his history of signing big name players to contracts. He has fumbled the ball on more of those contracts than he has succeeded on. How did you like that contract he gave Zeke several years ago? How about the one he gave Romo that left us in cap hell when Romo went on his merry way? What about that big contract we had to eat that he gave Gallup when the guy was coming off a torn ACL? What about that contract he gave Dak where he went to his knees and lost every single battle with the agent? Ended up giving Dak a short contract that created tons of dead cap in future years where he is not under contract with Dallas. $40 million dead cap next year for Dak if he is playing somewhere else. Not to mention being taken to the woodshed by the agent by allowing Dak to have a no trade clause and a no tag clause. What about all that money given to the gimp Jaylon Smith?

Jerry will run his mouth and try to take a tough stance but he will end up paying Lamb and Parsons. It's the same story over and over again. The problem with taking a tough stance and then bending like Jerry always does is that in the end it just ends up costing you more money and more cap space. Parsons and Lamb have set their market price by their play on the field. That price isn't going to go down because Jerry thinks he can play hardball. That price will only continue to increase. He should have extended Lamb last year when his price was much cheaper. He needs to get the Lamb contract done right now unless he wants to trot Cooks and the Jalens out at WR in the first game. Get Parsons done now too instead of waiting like he did with Lamb. The price for Parsons is only going to get higher.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Jones when asked a follow-up question about CeeDee Lamb’s contract situation: “I’m just gonna say this to y’all, give me some credit, OK? You don’t think I’m good with numbers? You think I know how to add and subtract? Do I know how to talk? And sell? I realize all the criticism and I understand it. As a matter of fact, I try to stir it up. And I have since I got here. That’s good. Be relevant. It works.”

CeeDee is not coming in until he gets an extension. This holdout might last into the season.

stiletto

Reaction score
and that would be 100% correct but how did we get here? Who was driving the $10 billion dollar franchise to this point? The truth is we can blame the coaches, players and hell lets blame the medical staff also...there is only 1 truth that has been here through all of it though...Dak, CD, Micah are just the latest names of our bane i can easily come up with the last 3 and the 3 before that and so on and so on..Here is a good place to start, name me the other GM's to fire the HC who just won 2 SB AND keep thier job...This is me officially giving Jerry credit for all of it..
Everyone knows Jerry has been a screw up GM-wise since Jimmy left. Problem is that is never going to change until he is pushing up daisy's. The issue at hand is the 3 guys that want top tier $$ over everyone else in the NFL. The fact that Jerry isn't paying these guys is probably more encouraging to me anyway. In the past he would and he'd give them contracts that hurt us 5 seasons ahead.

DenCWBY

Reaction score

Jones when asked a follow-up question about CeeDee Lamb’s contract situation: “I’m just gonna say this to y’all, give me some credit, OK? You don’t think I’m good with numbers? You think I know how to add and subtract? Do I know how to talk? And sell? I realize all the criticism and I understand it. As a matter of fact, I try to stir it up. And I have since I got here. That’s good. Be relevant. It works.”

Credit? Are you kidding me? Jerry deserves nothing at this point. He rode the wave of 1 good decision (approx.3 decades ago) to hire Jimmy Johnson, followed by many bad organizational and team decisions to this day. He's mis-managed this organization under this families thumb ever since and now he's a demented loser as a GM watching his football stock plumet each losing year. His legacy is written - an old egotistical afterthought who can buy the entire world but can't buy football respect, which he so desires.

stiletto

Reaction score
We are talking about his job as GM of the Dallas Cowboys. I could care less how much money he makes off the Cowboys, oil wells, energy companies, etc. I gave him credit for keeping McClay around so there is that. However, just look at his history of signing big name players to contracts. He has fumbled the ball on more of those contracts than he has succeeded on. How did you like that contract he gave Zeke several years ago? How about the one he gave Romo that left us in cap hell when Romo went on his merry way? What about that big contract we had to eat that he gave Gallup when the guy was coming off a torn ACL? What about that contract he gave Dak where he went to his knees and lost every single battle with the agent? Ended up giving Dak a short contract that created tons of dead cap in future years where he is not under contract with Dallas. $40 million dead cap next year for Dak if he is playing somewhere else. Not to mention being taken to the woodshed by the agent by allowing Dak to have a no trade clause and a no tag clause. What about all that money given to the gimp Jaylon Smith?

Jerry will run his mouth and try to take a tough stance but he will end up paying Lamb and Parsons. It's the same story over and over again. The problem with taking a tough stance and then bending like Jerry always does is that in the end it just ends up costing you more money and more cap space. Parsons and Lamb have set their market price by their play on the field. That price isn't going to go down because Jerry thinks he can play hardball. That price will only continue to increase. He should have extended Lamb last year when his price was much cheaper. He needs to get the Lamb contract done right now unless he wants to trot Cooks and the Jalens out at WR in the first game. Get Parsons done now too instead of waiting like he did with Lamb. The price for Parsons is only going to get higher.
The contracts he has delved out to guys like Dak, Zeke, Gallup, Terrance Steele, Jaylon etc have been ridiculous. That's why I am personally in no hurry to see them giving "regular season Champ's" Super Bowl winning contracts. Why does he have to get any of them done? Draft other guys if you don't like these or trade them or let them walk. Better to get something for them if they don't like them and hopefully more than they got for Amari (a ham sandwich 5th rounder).

gtb1943

Reaction score
Is it my imagination but are the usual Jethro minions been kind of quiet lately as regards the threads showing all this?

have not seen Ranching or any of the others posting

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's basically what he just said, that the goal is to be relevant.
He continues to tell us that. I’m not sure why all fans can’t accept it.

One thing I’ve always respected about him is he’s basically pretty forthcoming usually providing more info than he should.

“Relevant and interesting “ those are his words, keeps him in the mix. Which is enough to hype and promote his product. If he happens to have more success, that’s great too.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Everyone knows Jerry has been a screw up GM-wise since Jimmy left. Problem is that is never going to change until he is pushing up daisy's. The issue at hand is the 3 guys that want top tier $$ over everyone else in the NFL. The fact that Jerry isn't paying these guys is probably more encouraging to me anyway. In the past he would and he'd give them contracts that hurt us 5 seasons ahead.
You have a new found faith in Jerry i just dont have, unless these players want to leave (i think the QB might be at this point) Jerry will cave its not in his nature to rebuild...

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’d actually have a little respect for Jerry if he lets them actually prove themselves and kick Dak and MM to the curb if they fail again
All 3 of them have already proved themselves in this league. None of them are buying that crap.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He continues to tell us that. I’m not sure why all fans can’t accept it.

One thing I’ve always respected about him is he’s basically pretty forthcoming usually providing more info than he should.

“Relevant and interesting “ those are his words, keeps him in the mix. Which is enough to hype and promote his product. If he happens to have more success, that’s great too.
You're not wrong, the issue is simply that it's tough to root for relevant and interesting. If a lot of people accept this to be reality they essentially will let their fandom die. It's exactly what I've been wrestling with.

stiletto

Reaction score
You have a new found faith in Jerry i just dont have, unless thes players wont to leave (i think the QB might be at this point) Jerry will cave its not in his nature to rebuild...
Not really, just different perspective than everyone else pining for Jerry to bow down to these players. Usually he does.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He recognizes that there is a lot of anger over the absolute mismanagement of the franchise. But he won't learn anything from it, like all idiots he will simply double down on what does not work.
In his mind what he’s doing is working.
The Cowboys afterall retain record revenue.

I’d argue if fans are dissatisfied we have a funny way of showing it. No wonder he isn’t willing to change. He doesn’t have to.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're not wrong, the issue is simply that it's tough to root for relevant and interesting. If a lot of people accept this to be reality they essentially will let their fandom die. It's exactly what I've been wrestling with.
I’ve felt this way for almost 3 decades.

And yes it is tough. I’ve become an Apathetic fan and cynic.But most fans still follow along even if it’s more from a distance.

I’m an old diehard. My team doesn’t have to be good. They’re my locally broadcast team. So I’m watching half heartedly since I’d be watching football anyway.

My Alma Mater suks most years too so I’m kinda used rooting for a loser. Lol

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not really, just different perspective than everyone else pining for Jerry to bow down to these players. Usually he does.
most are not pining its more of just going off of past record...I would love to see them all go after the failures, but in the GM's own words just this week.."Relevent" is the most important thing.