Twitter: Jerry Jones: "I'm just gonna say this to y'all, give me some credit, OK?"

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I am NO fan of Jerry, but I understand what he's saying here: I've done big contracts and I've done all of that other stuff...if I'm not doing it now...give me CREDIT and know I have reservations."

It's not what people want to hear, but it's the truth. We are going through a rebuilding phase unless Dak caves and takes significantly less money. Everyone just has to slowly come to accept this.
I welcome a re-build if it means getting to the Superbowl.... I'm not saying "if it means winning the Superbowl"... It's just getting us there that I want to see. Of course eventually I'll say "just getting to the Superbowl isn't enough" but let's not put the cart before the horse... We know what we have currently and we know that what we have currently just isn't cutting it... So a rebuild would be nice...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I welcome a re-build if it means getting to the Superbowl.... I'm not saying "if it means winning the Superbowl"... It's just getting us there that I want to see. Of course eventually I'll say "just getting to the Superbowl isn't enough" but let's not put the cart before the horse... We know what we have currently and we know that what we have currently just isn't cutting it... So a rebuild would be nice...
what we have currently hasn't been cutting it for almost 30 years, where is this change you see comming?

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I mean someone has to get credit, going 12-5 3 years in a row is not easy. Especially since we supposedly have a bottom coach, a bottom QB and a bottom GM. Make it make sense. The more you make the playoffs the better chance you got to break through.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry is a grumpy old man over realizing he blew it by being stubborn over many things, and if it didn’t happen last year, it probably isn’t going to.

The truly sad part about it is this man ought to be enjoying life best things to its fullest, but his ego won’t allow it.

Could you imagine being able to be on a yacht every day in the most beautiful, exotic places in the world, eating the best foods, etc……but nope, gotta prove I’m a football guy.

I guess it becomes even more sad that the rest of us know that even if Jerry’s team happen to win on his watch, he still won’t be considered a ‘football guy.’

Hit the yacht Jerry. For all of us.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Again ........ this old fool has never gotten over Jimmy Johnson ....... he still wants his credit.

giphy.gif

I won those Superbowls! Not Jimmy!!! MEEEEEE!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sometimes, it's hard to believe that Jerry is allowed to be free and at large . . . :huh:
Not sure whether to laugh hysterically, or be seriously concerned for him . . .:omg:

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
All 3 of them have already proved themselves in this league. None of them are buying that crap.
Dak has proven nothing except the ability to beat up bad teams, Dak should have been kicked to the curb with the potted plant (credit bobhaze) MM after the GB no show. I get it you’re a stats, regular season and participation trophies guy, after 8 seasons I don’t understand how anyone can support a Dak extension.

jujoboys

Reaction score
The contracts he has delved out to guys like Dak, Zeke, Gallup, Terrance Steele, Jaylon etc have been ridiculous. That's why I am personally in no hurry to see them giving "regular season Champ's" Super Bowl winning contracts. Why does he have to get any of them done? Draft other guys if you don't like these or trade them or let them walk. Better to get something for them if they don't like them and hopefully more than they got for Amari (a ham sandwich 5th rounder).
He doesn't have to sign any of them. But you can't just get rid of all your good players because they are going to cost you money or cap space. At some point Jerry needs to realize that he is the problem and it is not necessarily the players. Jerry is the one that has hired people such as Dave Campo, Chan Gailey, Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, etc to coach the Cowboys. 19 years wasted on those 4 scrubs. His decisions to hire Parcells and McCarthy weren't hard because they had some success with other teams. However, he should have fired McCarthy immediately after that GB game. I have never seen a coaching staff so outcoached in a home playoff game in which they were favored. I get what you are saying about not paying guys unless they win a Super Bowl but if teams did that then there would only be a few teams paying their players right now. Parsons hasn't been a factor in the last couple of playoff loses and it may be him or it may be scheme and coaching. I think it is more likely scheme and coaching. Lamb had 19 catches and 227 receiving yards in their last 2 playoff loses but he can't control Dak throwing INTs or the defense not showing up for the game. I would rather trade Jerry than the players because I feel a real GM and a real coach could win with the roster they have.

stiletto

Reaction score
He doesn't have to sign any of them. But you can't just get rid of all your good players because they are going to cost you money or cap space. At some point Jerry needs to realize that he is the problem and it is not necessarily the players. Jerry is the one that has hired people such as Dave Campo, Chan Gailey, Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, etc to coach the Cowboys. 19 years wasted on those 4 scrubs. His decisions to hire Parcells and McCarthy weren't hard because they had some success with other teams. However, he should have fired McCarthy immediately after that GB game. I have never seen a coaching staff so outcoached in a home playoff game in which they were favored. I get what you are saying about not paying guys unless they win a Super Bowl but if teams did that then there would only be a few teams paying their players right now. Parsons hasn't been a factor in the last couple of playoff loses and it may be him or it may be scheme and coaching. I think it is more likely scheme and coaching. Lamb had 19 catches and 227 receiving yards in their last 2 playoff loses but he can't control Dak throwing INTs or the defense not showing up for the game. I would rather trade Jerry than the players because I feel a real GM and a real coach could win with the roster they have.
I'm not saying ONLY pay guys if they have playoff success. It is more, don't pay them top $$ like they have had a ton of playoff success just because they beat up on the Commanders,Giants 2x-4x a year. It's ok to be hesitant to pay these huge contracts. In the past they haven't done that, that's why I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing what is going on right now. We all want to get rid of Jerry but that's a lala-land wish at this point. He isn't going anywhere until he kicks the bucket, then we have Nepo-baby to deal with. So get buckled up.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry’s his own worse enemy. He needs to take a step back And retire from daily management of the team.

Brax

Reaction score
Jerry’s his own worse enemy. He needs to take a step back And retire from daily management of the team.
Why according to you he’s assembled all those dawgs, all pros pro bowlers and had a great draft, your knocking Jerry after say the same basic thing as Jerry

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'm not saying ONLY pay guys if they have playoff success. It is more, don't pay them top $$ like they have had a ton of playoff success just because they beat up on the Commanders,Giants 2x-4x a year. It's ok to be hesitant to pay these huge contracts. In the past they haven't done that, that's why I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing what is going on right now. We all want to get rid of Jerry but that's a lala-land wish at this point. He isn't going anywhere until he kicks the bucket, then we have Nepo-baby to deal with. So get buckled up.
The "General Manager" job is to hire and get the most out of the staff. Full stop. As GM - whether we like it or not - the job is to assess that if he pays Micah, CeeDee and Dak...will the team perform to expectations?

In GM Jerry's mind, the answer is "no". It's not talent level that he questions...it's something more fundamental which is professional focus and ethic. This is serious stuff here for ANY GM. I can get another programmer...but what if there is a bad cultural contagion in my office? The same is true in any lockerroom. Why would you PAY and INVEST if you don't believe in what you already have? When you start having those kinds of questions, all bets are off.

And here's the thing: While all of us have issues with Jerry, any honest person is ALSO going to have an issue with how that GB game went down...PARTICULARLY for those 3 players who want to be the highest paid ever at their respective positions.

stiletto

Reaction score
The "General Manager" job is to hire and get the most out of the staff. Full stop. As GM - whether we like it or not - the job is to assess that if he pays Micah, CeeDee and Dak...will the team perform to expectations?

In GM Jerry's mind, the answer is "no". It's not talent level that he questions...it's something more fundamental which is professional focus and ethic. This is serious stuff here for ANY GM. I can get another programmer...but what if there is a bad cultural contagion in my office? The same is true in any lockerroom. Why would you PAY and INVEST if you don't believe in what you already have? When you start having those kinds of questions, all bets are off.

And here's the thing: While all of us have issues with Jerry, any honest person is ALSO going to have an issue with how that GB game went down...PARTICULARLY for those 3 players who want to be the highest paid ever at their respective positions.
Can't agree more. The whole team looked "happy" to be there. They are Dallas Cowboys, so they made it already almost. The fans deserve better and so does Jerry quite honestly but it's partly his fault for being "pals" with everyone. It's a vicious cycle. We can only hope that Jerry is tired of it too.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak has proven nothing except the ability to beat up bad teams, Dak should have been kicked to the curb with the potted plant (credit bobhaze) MM after the GB no show. I get it you’re a stats, regular season and participation trophies guy, after 8 seasons I don’t understand how anyone can support a Dak extension.
I don't want Dak to be extended. I want him to go to a real organization.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't want Dak to be extended. I want him to go to a real organization.
that might be the only way Jerry is brought to a light he can not bare...couldnt imagine the fire Jerry would take in the media if Dak went to another team and won...lets just hope its not washington or the giants..that would suck worse

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Jerry actually being totally transparent.
But it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.
Jerry wants a pat on the back, especially when he's wearing his HOF jacket.