1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

News: Jerry Jones intrigued by Lincoln Riley?

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Big_D, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

17,683 Messages
    7,985 Likes Received
    :hammer:

2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

55,223 Messages
    19,316 Likes Received
    I'm wondering if his offense is a product of just being more talented than the next team. And I've yet to be impressed by his defenses, however, I'd love him 10,000 times over Garrett any day.

Syron likes this.
  3. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

27,770 Messages
    20,725 Likes Received
    So is Jerry going to admit not anybody can coach the Cowboys and get Jimmy in the Ring of Honor?

BoysfaninVegas likes this.
  4. BoysfaninVegas

BoysfaninVegas Well-Known Member

3,817 Messages
    5,954 Likes Received
    Coaching the Cowboys would probably be his dream job. However, Jerry would still want control and it wouldn't matter in the long run.

5. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

20,766 Messages
    17,285 Likes Received
    There were "sources" that said a video was going to come out later that day showing Dez beating a woman in a grocery store parking lot. Then it was going to be the next day. Then by the weekend. And now it appears that video never existed.

"Sources" these days appears to be code for "I'm speculating and suggesting someone in the know told me so I can claim I actually know something"

Look at what it said - "several league sources". Aside from the fact that line has been used frequently about things that never happened, why would the "league" even know? There is no reason either Jerry or Lincoln Riley would go to the NFL to say there is an interest. If they want to talk, Jerry and Riley will talk, and there is no requirement for either to give the "league" advance notice.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  6. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

20,766 Messages
    17,285 Likes Received
    Unfortunately it seems to work for almost every media source these days. With the multitude of media sources, and the constant access to all of them through the internet, there is a lot of competition for them all to get the attention of the consumer, so I think they don't worry as much about facts and research and verification because that takes time. So they all cut corners and print speculation (or sometimes lies) with a headline that suggests it is fact.

7. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

12,844 Messages
    5,752 Likes Received
    he is a college coach, running the gimmikie college spread option and accumulate yards and scores against weaker teams. college teams don't play defense any more and focus is on offense and scoring since that's what gets you wins and to the big dance and on TV....

8. CowboysFaninHouston

12,844 Messages
    5,752 Likes Received
    and when was the last time that happened in the past 27 years?

9. CowboysFaninHouston

12,844 Messages
    5,752 Likes Received

10. CowboysFaninHouston

12,844 Messages
    5,752 Likes Received
    he is not on my list at all....another college coach waiting to fail or be average in the NFL. some coaches are meant for college only.

11. CowboysFaninHouston

12,844 Messages
    5,752 Likes Received
    more than college coaches. right now over the past 10 years, how many college coaches lit the league on fire?

12. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

5,221 Messages
    3,227 Likes Received
    Or a huge challenge...

13. CowboysFaninHouston

12,844 Messages
    5,752 Likes Received
    driven by offense, but win championships by defense. if its a copy cat league, see New England this year. see superbowl score last year. see Denver win it with half armed Manning..... if Riley comes and lets say he is able to get his gimmikie offense working in the NFL. without a defense, we will be 8-8 team losing shoot outs....like Detroit used to do

14. CowboysFaninHouston

12,844 Messages
    5,752 Likes Received

15. LACowboysFan1

5,221 Messages
    3,227 Likes Received
    Winning in college is as much, or more, about recruiting talent than actual coaching skills. There is precious little recruiting in the NFL, whether Riley (if he's even interested) has the coaching skill to win in the NFL is debatable at this point.

There's a lot of "if we only had Lincoln Riley we'd be SB champs" sentiment here, but Riley would still have to deal with JJ and Stephen, and whether he'd be able to do that is totally unknown.

Actually this "story" sounds more like some Cowboys fan or Garrett hater's wishful thinking than actual rumors...

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  16. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

6,435 Messages
    7,156 Likes Received
    I happened with Bill Parcells ... at first, at least.

17. LACowboysFan1

5,221 Messages
    3,227 Likes Received
    Got that right, the Saints aren't putting up huge points with Bridgewater, but the defense isn't allowing huge points, either...

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  18. SoupcanSam

SoupcanSam Well-Known Member

4,907 Messages
    6,900 Likes Received
    After 20 plus years and having to deal with what we have delt with, wth do we have to lose? 80Mil, hell yeah, throw it to him.

19. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

5,563 Messages
    10,493 Likes Received
    Actions speak louder than words.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, JERRUH :bow:!

20. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

6,579 Messages
    4,776 Likes Received
    Does Lincoln keep kellen? Does he get whole new defensive coaching staff ? (Hope so) lol