Jerry Jones landed his helicopter on the field in middle of Cowboys practice

Tim93gt

Reaction score
Narcissist.

Helicopter accidents are freak occurrences but they DO happen.

That is TOTALLY way too self-centered.

Now I would like to know the proximity of the regularly used helipad to the facility--just to evaluate the validity of any 'urgency required this landing at the facility' overrode standard FAA safety precautions and concerns.

Narcissist.
The helipad is maybe a 1/4 mile from the practice facility. As other posters have alluded to, he commutes regularly in this manner to the Star and the stadium.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Narcissist.

Helicopter accidents are freak occurrences but they DO happen.

That is TOTALLY way too self-centered.

Now I would like to know the proximity of the regularly used helipad to the facility--just to evaluate the validity of any 'urgency required this landing at the facility' overrode standard FAA safety precautions and concerns.

Narcissist.
Looking at the Frisco facility on Google Earth, I don't see a dedicated helipad anywhere on the property, at least not one I can see that is similar to what you would see on the roof of a hospital. Where he normally lands the thing is anyone's guess. The closest airport is Love Field, which would be fairly close to his home, so maybe that's where it's normally stored.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The helipad is maybe a 1/4 mile from the practice facility. As other posters have alluded to, he commutes regularly in this manner to the Star and the stadium.
A quarter mile away? That is confirmed?

It is worse that I initially thought.

Last edited:

acr731

Reaction score

The first test site for Uber's flying taxis is in Frisco

A quarter mile away? That is confirmed?

It is worse that I initially thought.
There's a hospital a half mile to the southwest, but it doesn't look like it has a helipad. Can't find anything within a half mile of the facility. It would be easy to miss, I guess.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a hospital a half mile to the southwest, but it doesn't look like it has a helipad. Can't find anything within a half mile of the facility. It would be easy to miss, I guess.
I had started a reply about the Uber helipad next to The Star. Then I forgot I had already typed that when I replied to you. My bad. :)

acr731

Reaction score
Dak's house in Prosper is less than 10 miles away. Jerry should land there and carpool with his buddy on the way to the practice field. They could do some carpool karaoke on the way..