CFZ Jerry Jones must trade for Derrick Henry

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
lord no. He’s warned and TN knows it. And it’s doesn’t matter who is running, this OL is completely lost in the new scheme

If it's the scheme, then that could be due to the back that they're trying to use. I submit, as I said in the OP, that it's a congruency issue. The oline is accustomed to blocking for one style of back. Pollard is a good back, but he's not the style they're making him out to be. DH is.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Repeat after me:

You do not invest $ or draft capital in running backs.

Did you see what the Browns and Vikings just did to the 49ers? Do you think our backs are capable of that? I'd normally agree, but I smell a big weakness in SFO. I think DH can explore it.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Derrick Henry is the type of guy that could change this team. It’s mind boggling ppl not willing to take that chance. Are you giving up a lot for a short term deal with a 30 year old Rb? Sure you are. But it’s a calculated risk.

This guy is also still a beast. He would change the entire dynamic of the team.

Think or how unstoppable the eagles tush push is. Now put Derrick Henry behind Zack Martin and Tyron smith. Where defenses would have to cheat up to stop him.

We control the ball… we punish defenses with the run with him and pollard. Dak has an easier time. Our defense has an easier time cause they are on the field less.

It is a no brainer move. That would legit strike fear into the rest of the nfl.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Henry Derrick, a 34yr old corner back is incoming as we will have to like it!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Repeat after me:

You do not invest $ or draft capital in running backs.
Unless you are the 49ers (McCaffrey) or the Chiefs (Edwards-Helaire, first round). Or last year's other Super Bowl participant, Philadelphia (Miles Sanders, second round, pick 53). The Eagles did trade just a fourth-round pick in 2025 for Sanders' replacement, though, although they caught a team needing to get rid of him and had some injury history as a bargaining chip.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Derrick Henry is the type of guy that could change this team. It’s mind boggling ppl not willing to take that chance. Are you giving up a lot for a short term deal with a 30 year old Rb? Sure you are. But it’s a calculated risk.

Think or how unstoppable the eagles tush push is. Now put Derrick Henry behind Zack Martin and Tyron smith. Where defenses would have to cheat up to stop him.

We control the ball… we punish defenses with the run with him and pollard. Dak has an easier time. Our defense has an easier time cause they are on the field less.

Plus, I think the entire team would become excited to learn that the FO took this chance. A second round pick and Dowdle, imo, is a small price to pay for what could turn this offense into one of the most feared offenses to go with our feared defence. You want to make sure Dak has extra time to throw? Make defences fear that the ball might go to Henry. Want your WRs to get open? PA to Henry usually helps. It's a dart that can be a big boost to the team. Sure, it could fail, but so does a lot of Jerry's 2nd round picks. So, it'd just be par for the course if that happens. But, if it succeeds, there's no telling how far our season could go.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Unless you are the 49ers (McCaffrey) or the Chiefs (Edwards-Helaire, first round). Or last year's other Super Bowl participant, Philadelphia (Miles Sanders, second round, pick 53). The Eagles did trade just a fourth-round pick in 2025 for Sanders' replacement, though, although they caught a team needing to get rid of him and had some injury history as a bargaining chip.

Exactly, if you have a dart and an opportunity exists to potentially take a good team and turn it into a true contender, you throw that dart.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is basically a twin thread to another thread that I made. That said, I think it's clear what needs to be done for the Cowboys to make a run this year. Jerry Jones must trade for Derrick Henry.

Our biggest weaknesses, as I see them, is oline play and our running game. I submit that our issue is congruent because we don't have a back that runs with the style that our running game plan. Consider that our oline core is accustomed to blocking for the likes of Demarco Murray, Darren McFadden, and Zeke. Now, they're being asked to block for the likes of Pollard, Dowdle, and Vaughn (I'd like for Luepke to be more involved, but that's for another thread). Pollard is not Murray or Zeke. He's a back who thrives on outside runs. If only there was a team on a fire sale that has a back that might fit our offense. Oh, that's right, the Titans just made a trade with Philly. Perhaps it's time Jerry shakes their tree to see if we can get Derrick Henry. I would see if they'd take Dowdle and a 2nd for Henry. I say second because, with our draft history, Jerry will probably waste our second round pick anyway. Trading Dowdle saves us the trouble of cutting him and making room for DH.

I think if Dallas makes this move, then it would become a move that could shift the balance in the NFC. The 49ers can't stop the run. The Eagles just traded for a safety. I think trading for Derrick Henry would be the perfect response for the Eagles move, and I think Derrick Henry, with our offense, can be the difference in us beating SFO. Perhaps that could be the big move that the Cowboys need?
Do that move, and Dallas no doubt has 12 wins and in doing so, no doubt a strong entrance into the playoffs!! (Having to beat strong teams)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I'll go one step further. Think what that move does for someone like Micah Parsons. It's not just the offense that benefits. The longer that Derrick Henry can pound opposing defences, the more Parsons gets to rest. The longer Parsons rests, the fresher he is for the rest of the season. The fresher he is, the more he can terrorise QBs. It's a win win for the whole team. Oh, and our Redzone offense would become instantly better just by virtue of who the back would be.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Do that move, and Dallas no doubt has 12 wins and in doing so, no doubt a strong entrance into the playoffs!! (Having to been strong teams)

I think the move might even be enough to get us not only the division, but much much more. I think the entire team benefits from this move, and it's a move that I think would fire up the team even more than they likely already are. It is a move that shows how much the FO believes in what this team is capable of doing. After what I saw from the 49ers tonight and last week, and I think this move helps Dallas beat SFO.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think the move might even be enough to get us not only the division, but much much more. I think the entire team benefits from this move, and it's a move that I think would fire up the team even more than they likely already are. It is a move that shows how much the FO believes in what this team is capable of doing.
That last piece pushing the team over onto full momentum...agreed.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Henry is traded, he'll want to go to a contender.

I think we are a contender. I think he's perfect for what we need. I think our offense with him becomes one of the most lethal offenses in the league. I think Parsons would become much deadlier with him at RB. I think this is the move that has to be done.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That last piece pushing the team over onto full momentum...agreed.

And, it's directly attacking a glaring weakness from one of our likely opponents and directly responding to a move by one of our division rivals who is likely going to stand in our way. I think this team is an 11 win team that will whimper out of the playoffs quickly now. With Derrick Henry, I think this team is a 13 win team and can make it to the SB. I think Derrick Henry is a big way that we can beat the 49ers. I think he can pound the Eagles into submission. I think he might even be enough, with the weapons we have, to perhaps contend with the Chiefs. The Jerry of old would see this. I wonder if he still does. I wonder if he decides to make one last gamble.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And, it's directly attacking a glaring weakness from one of our likely opponents and directly responding to a move by one of our division rivals who is likely going to stand in our way. I think this team is an 11 win team that will whimper out of the playoffs quickly now. With Derrick Henry, I think this team is a 13 win team and can make it to the SB. I think Derrick Henry is a big way that we can beat the 49ers. I think he can pound the Eagles into submission. I think he might even be enough, with the weapons we have, to perhaps contend with the Chiefs. The Jerry of old would see this. I wonder if he still does. I wonder if he decides to make one last gamble.
Right up the middle is an Eagles' weakness and why they picked up a former All Pro, Byard, for their secondary. That, and a quality WR with Dallas missing their top cornerback.

This time, Jerry is on notice as well...hear us Jerry? No excuses escape your top level responsibility level this season!

Last edited:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
This is basically a twin thread to another thread that I made. That said, I think it's clear what needs to be done for the Cowboys to make a run this year. Jerry Jones must trade for Derrick Henry.

Our biggest weaknesses, as I see them, is oline play and our running game. I submit that our issue is congruent because we don't have a back that runs with the style that our running game plan. Consider that our oline core is accustomed to blocking for the likes of Demarco Murray, Darren McFadden, and Zeke. Now, they're being asked to block for the likes of Pollard, Dowdle, and Vaughn (I'd like for Luepke to be more involved, but that's for another thread). Pollard is not Murray or Zeke. He's a back who thrives on outside runs. If only there was a team on a fire sale that has a back that might fit our offense. Oh, that's right, the Titans just made a trade with Philly. Perhaps it's time Jerry shakes their tree to see if we can get Derrick Henry. I would see if they'd take Dowdle and a 2nd for Henry. I say second because, with our draft history, Jerry will probably waste our second round pick anyway. Trading Dowdle saves us the trouble of cutting him and making room for DH.

I think if Dallas makes this move, then it would become a move that could shift the balance in the NFC. The 49ers can't stop the run. The Eagles just traded for a safety. I think trading for Derrick Henry would be the perfect response for the Eagles move, and I think Derrick Henry, with our offense, can be the difference in us beating SFO. Perhaps that could be the big move that the Cowboys need?
S Jones on vacation according to him, they will not do squat.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Did you see what the Browns and Vikings just did to the 49ers? Do you think our backs are capable of that? I'd normally agree, but I smell a big weakness in SFO. I think DH can explore it.
The problem is San Fran can sell out against the run and Dak can’t do squat against their pass defense because he goes into a shell.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I just worry about compensation. I could get behind a 3rd. I can't get behind 2nd but if they did it....and it resulted in a NFC Championship berth I would say its worth it.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Exactly, and the iron is hot. Either DH or the Broncos back Williams would make excellent trade targets. If we want a power back, DH is the best in the business. Give our offense Derrick Henry, and I think this team can take the mantle. We don't need much more than that. Especially in the playoffs, you can never have enough weapons. Derrick Henry is as big a weapon as you can get. Fitting him with Lamb, Cooks, and our developing receiving core and TEs, and I think this offense jumps to a level that I don't know that I've seen since I started watching football in 2000.
Mantle? Please tell me you don't mean SB?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Derrick Henry has had only one 100 yard game this season and Tennessee ranks 19th in rushing compared to the Cowboys who rank 10th. It would be a mistake to give up a premium pick or whatever it might take for a soon to be 30 year old RB who has a lot of mileage on him. Henry isn’t going to put the Cowboys over the top and it won’t be long before he hits the wall if he hasn’t already.