CFZ Jerry Jones must trade for Derrick Henry

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Watch us not even make 1 trade. The Jones’s will say price to high on trades. Meanwhile Roseman of the Eagles picks up players for next to nothing. SMH

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He’s “perfect” for a lot of teams’ needs. And it will take more than a 2nd round draft pick to get him. But like Pollard, Henry is a free agent after this season. Neither one is signing with any team on the cheap. Pollard is making $10 million per, Henry over $12 million. What about next season with even less draft capital after trading for DH? I think the “we like our guys” is probably the most prudent strategy at this time for this franchise.

I'm thinking that it's worth it if we can get to the SB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Watch us not even make 1 trade. The Jones’s will say price to high on trades. Meanwhile Roseman of the Eagles picks up players for next to nothing. SMH

That's one of the things that annoys me about Jerry. He sits on his yacht while Philly makes moves to fill weaknesses.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I just worry about compensation. I could get behind a 3rd. I can't get behind 2nd but if they did it....and it resulted in a NFC Championship berth I would say its worth it.

And what exactly would Jerry use the 2nd for anyway? Probably another project. That's how it usually works. So, why not see if we can use it to throw a dart at the board for a player who significantly increases our chance of getting to the NFCC or beyond? Besides, even if we don't resign him, we get a comp pick for him, and we might have a SB to go with it .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
LMAO!!!!

Jerry aint going to trade for King Henry while paying Pollard $10 mill on the tag.

C'mon bro, you know better than to even suggest this.

I figure that, but I also want Jerry to do something that would fix a weakness. If not DH, maybe he can get the Broncos back or Foreman from the Bears.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's worth it if it gets us to the SB imo.
Adding Henty won't fix what's wrong with the Cowboys. Spending the resources it would take to get him makes it a deal breaker. Besides, why would TEN trade him?

Say you make that trade and don't get to the super bowl. Then what? You are out the draft picks, and are stuck with a high dollar RB that hits 30 in January.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is basically a twin thread to another thread that I made. That said, I think it's clear what needs to be done for the Cowboys to make a run this year. Jerry Jones must trade for Derrick Henry.

Our biggest weaknesses, as I see them, is oline play and our running game. I submit that our issue is congruent because we don't have a back that runs with the style that our running game plan. Consider that our oline core is accustomed to blocking for the likes of Demarco Murray, Darren McFadden, and Zeke. Now, they're being asked to block for the likes of Pollard, Dowdle, and Vaughn (I'd like for Luepke to be more involved, but that's for another thread). Pollard is not Murray or Zeke. He's a back who thrives on outside runs. If only there was a team on a fire sale that has a back that might fit our offense. Oh, that's right, the Titans just made a trade with Philly. Perhaps it's time Jerry shakes their tree to see if we can get Derrick Henry. I would see if they'd take Dowdle and a 2nd for Henry. I say second because, with our draft history, Jerry will probably waste our second round pick anyway. Trading Dowdle saves us the trouble of cutting him and making room for DH.

I think if Dallas makes this move, then it would become a move that could shift the balance in the NFC. The 49ers can't stop the run. The Eagles just traded for a safety. I think trading for Derrick Henry would be the perfect response for the Eagles move, and I think Derrick Henry, with our offense, can be the difference in us beating SFO. Perhaps that could be the big move that the Cowboys need?
Looking for another ZEKE to save the offense?
Yep someone needs to be carried again and again and again and again................ :muttley:

Jipper

Reaction score
Adding Henty won't fix what's wrong with the Cowboys. Spending the resources it would take to get him makes it a deal breaker. Besides, why would TEN trade him?

Say you make that trade and don't get to the super bowl. Then what? You are out the draft picks, and are stuck with a high dollar RB that hits 30 in January.
People just want something to change and aren't thinking beyond this season...reality is we could go all in on a couple players and then get hit with a rush of injuries and fall of a cliff...have to be smart and have look for the right value

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is basically a twin thread to another thread that I made. That said, I think it's clear what needs to be done for the Cowboys to make a run this year. Jerry Jones must trade for Derrick Henry.

Our biggest weaknesses, as I see them, is oline play and our running game. I submit that our issue is congruent because we don't have a back that runs with the style that our running game plan. Consider that our oline core is accustomed to blocking for the likes of Demarco Murray, Darren McFadden, and Zeke. Now, they're being asked to block for the likes of Pollard, Dowdle, and Vaughn (I'd like for Luepke to be more involved, but that's for another thread). Pollard is not Murray or Zeke. He's a back who thrives on outside runs. If only there was a team on a fire sale that has a back that might fit our offense. Oh, that's right, the Titans just made a trade with Philly. Perhaps it's time Jerry shakes their tree to see if we can get Derrick Henry. I would see if they'd take Dowdle and a 2nd for Henry. I say second because, with our draft history, Jerry will probably waste our second round pick anyway. Trading Dowdle saves us the trouble of cutting him and making room for DH.

I think if Dallas makes this move, then it would become a move that could shift the balance in the NFC. The 49ers can't stop the run. The Eagles just traded for a safety. I think trading for Derrick Henry would be the perfect response for the Eagles move, and I think Derrick Henry, with our offense, can be the difference in us beating SFO. Perhaps that could be the big move that the Cowboys need?
Problem might be more then the running back, OL has really struggled. By the way, 49ers remain an excellent run defense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I mean, if they cut him midseason, we should snap him up. Either way, we need him or the Broncos back. We need someone who can give us a rushing weapon to compliment what we are trying to do on offense.
you can forget DH , jerry has already got lance, that was his in season move lol.
he wont be making any other splash moves. He isnt howie lol.
Also he is saving cap for his other favs, dak and cd.

blueblood70

Reaction score

I gotta tell you your posts make no sense if you think we should go now get a aging running back with a big contract after everyone wanted to get rid of zeke it makes no sense whatsoever I know Henry's good but I'd rather have a guy like deonte foreman or someone a little younger because it's gonna cost us left in the draft capital and probably have them here a little longer because Derek Henry's slowing down he's older he's an injury away from missing the rest of the season or four or five games and I'm all making some improvements but Derrick Henry's not the answer... And I'm gonna say it again he will cost too much in draft capital and his money against the cap is too much for his age..

There's probably some other options out there like I said it'd be nice if some of these teams were actually willing to give up these guys somehow like we see the Titans did for the Eagles yeah I don't know the specifics of that contract because I don't even know who that safety is I mean I've heard his name before but I believe he's probably not that big a deal not for a fifth and sixth round draft pick..

But how about come up with some scenarios that would actually help our team and not just for 11 games it's gonna hurt the cap... There's gotta be another player out there the Cowboys can go after that still has some juice like deonte Forman was somebody mentioned him in here yes he he would be a very good addition to this team...

But most of these we need to trade for post they're not realistic they're not you're not talking about the actual significance of their contracts and the draft capital we can use that second round draft pick for a really good running back next year and I believe if they just fixed the offensive line issues the scheme issues and the play calling issues like use Tony Pollard differently i think that we'll be fine but what we have right now...

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I think a 2nd round pick would get it done but the only way Tennessee trades Henry is an overpay. Your not getting the King for a future 5th.

Aven8

Reaction score
I would be all for this, but they won’t. They just spent the franchise tag on TP and they want their money