Jerry Jones: No urgency to get contract done with Lamb

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There ya go Jerry negotiate through the media, it always ends well for you...jesus this guy

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What's he lying about? He's offering an opinion. You don't agree with it, so it's a lie? Also, this is a public forum and you are certainly NOT in charge and for good reason. So, I will offer up an opinion on anything I want.
His quote; “The Cowboys confirmed offers have been made and at least Dak has confirmed he's REJECTING these offers because he wants to reset the market.”

It’s a lie. Dak never said he wanted to reset the market. Just the opposite in fact. Don’t like liars.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Good. This means he's learned from previous mistakes and isn't rolling over for these guys. We're currently looking at a QB who wants to be the highest paid NFL player, followed by two guys that want to become the highest paid non-QBs, or at least close to it.

Whether folks want to admit it or not, this is a heavy burden for any team to carry if they want to continue to remain relevant. Signing all three to mega deals is a franchise killer. A dead end. Let's see what Dak can do without Lamb throughout the rest of the preseason and early regular season. If he can make it work, franchise CD in the offseason and trade him for a king's ransom, resign Dak.

If Dak fails, to me, that's a strong indication that he isn't worth the massive price tag. In that case, let 4 walk, resign Lamb, and bring in a young QB or 2 as replacements.....or trade him before the draft to package and move up for a highly rated QB.

Problem solved.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I don’t like people who lie so mind your own business.
Whitney Houston said the greatest love of all is loving yourself...don't hate yourself for lying.

I think George Benson said it before her.

And Jesus said, "Love your neighbor as yourself"...so maybe he said it first.

:)

BigD_95

Reaction score
I don't know what to believe.

I would trade him to an AFC team but that's just me. We don't need three Superstars taking up 75% of the cap.
so, we trade the best player? come on.

J_Allen

Reaction score
so, we trade the best player? come on.
Yep. He certainly not our best player in the postseason. If we can get a first and a third and not get a significant portion of our cap allocated to him then it's a win.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lamb actually said that?
If that's really true, all I can say is.......:facepalm::facepalm:
Maybe they should trade Dak and Lamb both. Maybe then the Cowboys could get back down to business.
well I added the part about the mirrors lol, as he has to like looking at himself lol.
search micah's podcast with CeeDee lamb and watch it, decide for yourself.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Good. This means he's learned from previous mistakes and isn't rolling over for these guys. We're currently looking at a QB who wants to be the highest paid NFL player, followed by two guys that want to become the highest paid non-QBs, or at least close to it.

Whether folks want to admit it or not, this is a heavy burden for any team to carry if they want to continue to remain relevant. Signing all three to mega deals is a franchise killer. A dead end. Let's see what Dak can do without Lamb throughout the rest of the preseason and early regular season. If he can make it work, franchise CD in the offseason and trade him for a king's ransom, resign Dak.

If Dak fails, to me, that's a strong indication that he isn't worth the massive price tag. In that case, let 4 walk, resign Lamb, and bring in a young QB or 2 as replacements.....or trade him before the draft to package and move up for a highly rated QB.

Problem solved.
Agreed and if lamb doesn't want to be here then we don't want him here either. There needs to be a precedent set. Every year we have players holding out it seems like. If you want to hold out we'll just trade you. You're still under contract so what's to say you won't sign a deal and then hold out a couple years later.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It's time to send a message to players that PLAYOFF GAMES matter just as much as regular season games matter and if you can't succeed in both then you don't deserve a mega lotto contract. This group of Cowboys have not come close to succeeding in the playoffs so why do some of the players deserve rich contracts???????? It's about time JJ puts his foot down and starts playing HARDBALL with the ones who think they're so deserving, when actually they're not..................
The players on the 18 teams that didn’t make the playoffs. What is the message to them in regard to compensation?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well guess what, Jerry will not have to worry about losing in the playoffs anymore if he doesnt pay Lamb.

No Lamb, this team wins maybe 4 games, tops.
that is just your guess, but there is no way to know that. they might win more without him.