News: Jerry Jones on Cowboys' loss: 'This was a moral victory'

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Our schedule gets easier? We still have to play at New Orleans, at Chicago, and Green Bay at home. Plus our divisional games won't be cakewalks. I don't think any of our games will be easy wins with maybe the exception of Oakland on Thanksgiving.

I agree except Oakland played Denver fairly well. I don't think we can relax on any game we play. But there are positives to take away as well as negatives.

OTOH, Jerry should just shut the hell up.

Hoov

Reaction score
I completely agree with Jerry. I was really proud of the Cowboys last night. They played against what people were calling the best football team in the NFL. We were supposed to get destroyed yesterday, and we were right there until the end. If We can produce that offense week in and week out, we're going to win most games this year. We have Detroit, New Orleans, and Green Bay.... Outside of that... no team we play is going to be able to do that. We could very easily end up 10-6, 11-5, 12-4 range.

Im proud of the team too. And in terms of pure excitement and adrenalin pumping that was the best football game i have watched in a long time.

Reaction score
Very good game between The 'Boys and Denver.

One thing I noticed and what I saw another poster mention on here. The Broncos were banking on shutting down the running game in return of Romo passing the living daylights out of them.

Here's to another good game between us and you all on Sunday night.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Merril Hoge just made a good point on ESPN. He said the problem with the Cowboys is consistency. This is a moral victory if the Cowboys can build on it and perform at this level all season. But it's not a moral victory if they just go out the next week and lay an egg.

It doesn't get much more truer than that. I think Cowboys fans think everyone else has an incorrect view of the Cowboys and Romo. I think the majority of what people say is dead on. The Cowboys have been inconsistent since Bill Parcells. They have one or two games a season where they go toe-to-toe with the best team in the league and either win or almost win. Then they have games where they get beat by the worst team in the league. It's hard to get excited about a game like the one we played yesterday because we've seen this before. The same goes for Romo. He has the talent to outplay the all-time greats. But then, no matter how well he's playing, you almost expect him to throw a game-losing INT. If you give me some consistency, I'll anoint Romo and trust the Cowboys. Until then, I'm very weary about games like the one we played yesterday. To me, it'll probably mean absolutely nothing because we'll probably lose 34-7 to the Vikings in a few weeks. That's just who we are. Predictably unpredictable.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Denver's Coach Fox stated that yesterday's game was a "great character victory". Both he and Peyton were visibly relieved to just get out of AT&T Stadium with a win.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
There are no moral victories in sports. Nobody was saying that when we lost the Super Bowl last year after we fought back in the second half and came up a few yards short from winning the big one. Jerry needs to restrain from being so forthcoming with the media after the game on his take. I don't see that from other owners. Even Al Davis wasn't a media ***** with his iron grip on the team for so many years.

I was pulling for you guys to get it done because the Chiefs are my AFC team I root for, but you just had a feeling Romo would think too much on that final drive of not making a mistake and once again he did. Still you have to give Romo some credit, without him the Cowboys would have been buried yesterday. Dez is a beast and Witten is as sure handed as they come. If you take care of Washington on Sunday then there is no doubt in my mind you win the division. Good luck the rest of the way!

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Denver's Coach Fox stated that yesterday's game was a "great character victory". Both he and Peyton were visibly relieved to just get out of AT&T Stadium with a win.

I bet they were. They really have not been tested like that in a long time.

I'm guessing a lot of Broncos fans hope Del Rio takes the USC job. Their defense is porous.

perrykemp

Reaction score

That's the difference between winners and losers.

The Broncos are pi**sed off they almost lost.

The Cowboys consider it a moral victory they almost won and will likely party half way into the week celebrating their moral victory.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry should just shut his mouth. I'm sick of moral victories. A loss is a loss. Jerry should comment on that awful defense that his new great defensive coordinator put on the field. Just sickening.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
I bet they were. They really have not been tested like that in along time.

I'm guessing a lot of Broncos fans hope Del Rio takes the USC job. Their defense is porous.

I'm sure there are some Broncos faithful believe when Miller and Bailey get back that things will change. Not a chance. A defence that gives up over 500 yds passing and 48 pts isn't going to be turned around with one pass rusher and a vetran CB that's lost a few steps with age coming back.

scottsp

Reaction score
I have nothing against the occasional moral victory, so long as they serve to be useful somewhere down the road. Obviously none of us holds a crystal ball, but it's pretty evident this club is just as likely to produce a substandard effort against (what is perceived to be) an inferior club as it is to go toe-to-toe with a championship contender.

This organization is so quick to pat itself on the back and so slow to kick itself in the butt as it is required. A big win - maybe even one of the moral variety - is rarely followed-up by another great effort. It permeates from the top all the way down to the special teams gunner, still suffering the effects of a Ram hangover in San Diego.

Once this team is able to ramp up after any type of success, perhaps the virtue of moral victory might apply. Until that day, this is nothing more than Jerry Jones salesmanship at its best.

venky

Reaction score
I feel like Denver is a team that won't be complacent with their almost loss. They're going to hit the books and really figure out how to get better on defense.

I just don't see the Cowboys building upon this loss. There's also the tough schedule ahead.