News: Jerry Jones on Cowboys' loss: 'This was a moral victory'

50cent

Reaction score
He never said he was happy with the loss matter of fact called in sickening but yes there are a lot of good things that came out of the game. This loss is going to hurt for a few days not a single person including Jerry said otherwise but they have to get past this and try to correct some mistakes but also look at the positives that came out of the game and there were a lot.

Isn't this what we always hear from these gamelosers? Jerry is the biggest gameloser of the bunch!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Since Jerry said they have something to build on, I hope he changes the game plan. Have the offense attack and play to win, not play to not lose.

Teams design very different game plans.

The Broncos played us to take away the run because they didn't want to lose a ball control style game.
They gambled that Payton would outperform Romo.

Other teams are going to do all they can to take away the 25+ yard passes from Romo and Dez and make us go 12 play drives underneath.
As an offense you dont throw deep into that with any prolonged success.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
I am so sick of the entire Jones family starting with that freak show Jerry Jones. He is single handedly destroying the pride and the legacy of Dallas Cowboy Football.
I miss the days of Clint Murchison,Tex Schramm and Tom Landry, so much. AL Davis JR. has ran the Cowboys into the ground for Almost 2 decades now. it's really sad.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Actually, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I might agree with Jones. The moral victory wasn't in the Win/Loss, but in the fact that our offense, if this is who our offense is now, we may be on our way. Did we just open it up, or go back to the Garrett play book? Because Romo was flinging the ball down field all game long. Anyone with 1 on 1 coverage, Romo found them. I'm hoping this is who we are offensively, and if so, that in itself was the moral victory. Remember, this season is young. We could run the table if we found something in this offense. And it's not far fetched to burn off 9 or 10 wins in a row.

I know based on our history, we can't handle consecutive victories, or any type of success, I'm just more focused on how easy our offense flowed yesterday, and hope that this is the trend for us offensively going forward.

Don't do it to yourself, you're starting to get pulled into the Jerry Jones kool-aid trap.

tantrix1969

Reaction score
Don't forget the orange slices and the "effort" trophies.

and our little "wall of Cowboys"

purple-room-3-611x343.jpg

Reaction score
That quote could just as easily come from the Jags leadership. And that is a problem.

I guess it's now good enough to lose by 3 points to a good team.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Don't do it to yourself, you're starting to get pulled into the Jerry Jones kool-aid trap.

I think guys know by now that I'm one of the most pessimistic posters in CZ history, so I'm never influenced by Jerry Jones, or any media, or any one in general. I don't follow trends, or follow the pack, it's never been my style. But just for a moment, look at what this offense did. If you are not excited about how well this offense moved the ball and put it in the end zone, then there's no hope for the Dallas Cowboys. That was the bright spot, ONLY , if we can keep it going. That's where the victory was, the victory was our offense.

If we come out throwing the ball like THAT, you will scare the heck out of teams.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I miss the days of Clint Murchison,Tex Schramm and Tom Landry, so much. AL Davis JR. has ran the Cowboys into the ground for Almost 2 decades now. it's really sad.
ME TOO....we use to be everybody else's Super Bowl game back in the day, but now we are the one's playing our Super Bowl games in October...I don't believe in moral victories, I bet Denver's thinking they're defense stinks today.

Wayne02

Reaction score
I think guys know by now that I'm one of the most pessimistic posters in CZ history, so I'm never influenced by Jerry Jones, or any media, or any one in general. I don't follow trends, or follow the pack, it's never been my style. But just for a moment, look at what this offense did. If you are not excited about how well this offense moved the ball and put it in the end zone, then there's no hope for the Dallas Cowboys. That was the bright spot, ONLY , if we can keep it going. That's where the victory was, the victory was our offense.

If we come out throwing the ball like THAT, you will scare the heck out of teams.

I understand that and the offense played lights out, but what makes you think that this offense will continue to play the way they did yesterday. Just look at the history, the Cowboys always have a breakout game here and there where they just explode on teams and then the following week, the offense looks like the Jacksonville offense. This team is Jekyl and Hyde and you can never expect a trend to continue with the Cowboys.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I picked the Packers to win that game but man their defense is bad.
Might be another first to 50 game

I think our teams are comparable but I do think they have the edge at QB. Aaron isn't Peyton but he's elite. He can chew our defense up & spit them out.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Hey Jerry, in honor of this weeks "Moral Victory", I am going to go out and spend some of my "moral cash" to buy some Cowboys gear. I won't actually be buying anything, but hey....it's the thought that counts right? Me thinking about buying that $250 dollar jersey is the same as actually buying it right?

perrykemp

Reaction score
I think our teams are comparable but I do think they have the edge at QB. Aaron isn't Peyton but he's elite. He can chew our defense up & spit them out.

Packers aren't quite the Cowboys level on offense so far this season. For the first time in the Aaron Rodgers era they actually have a good running game (ranked 5th in the NFL at this point) and from what I've seen the change to a more balanced attack has Rodgers a bit off his game. I know -- sounds weird, however, that's what I've seen so far from them.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Packers aren't quite the Cowboys level on offense so far this season. For the first time in the Aaron Rodgers era they actually have a good running game (ranked 5th in the NFL at this point) and from what I've seen the change to a more balanced attack has Rodgers a bit off his game. I know -- sounds weird, however, that's what I've seen so far from them.

They beat the Lions handily yesterday although I didn't pay attention to how they won. I saw just a few plays.

Wayne02

Reaction score
They beat the Lions handily yesterday although I didn't pay attention to how they won. I saw just a few plays.

Megatron didn't play, having said that, GB is still a better team than the Cowboys right now IMO.