Twitter: Jerry Jones on The Fan - 10/9/13

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I see what you are trying to do here....so I won't drag this out. Jimmy BUILT the 90s Super Bowl teams. I am sure he would have loved to duplicate Super Bowl success in Miami, but it did not work out. Jimmy has nothing to prove...he has already proved it. And I was not a big Barry Switzer fan...but he had one of the most dominant runs in college before he go to the Pros. I stand firm in my belief that Jerry does NOT know what it takes to build a Super Bowl winner. And I also stand firm in my belief that Jerry will die trying to prove he DOES know what it takes to build a Super Bowl winner. And as a fan all I get is the week to week, month to month, season to season of win-lose-win-lose-win-lose-win-lose........

I'm not trying to 'do' anything. You said that Jerry didn't know what he was talking about when he told Jimmy that '500 coaches could coach this team to a Super Bow' and Jerry was right. And Jimmy was wrong. And Jimmy didn't show that he knew what it took to win a Super Bowl without Jerry. And he ended up becoming the very thing he was afraid of...becoming a lame-duck coach.

But my point is pertaining to this thread. Jerry was asked about Romo and more or less insinuated if he would keep Romo around because he is perceived to 'not be clutch.' Jerry said that Romo gives us the best chance to win a Super Bowl. Nothing more, nothing less.

We're getting FoHJ ranting against Jerry because he stood up for Romo and believes in Romo.

I don't have any problems with somebody that doesn't believe that Jerry knows what it takes to build a Super Bowl winner. I may disagree with them. Their points backing it up may not be exactly salient. But, I could live with that. It's the ridiculous lengths people by stretching Jerry's words or actions or whatever and think it backs up their point is what comes off as desperate and obnoxious.

YR

Carolina Cowboy

Reaction score
When I hear that guy say things like "it's not realistic to expect this offense to perform as highly as it did this past Sunday" I just wish Agent Smith was around to give him a Keanu mouth (or should I say face with no mouth) from the Matrix movie.

Why isn't it realistic? If it is not realistic, why in the world would you say that out loud? You're giving your highest paid players an out (Well Daddy said he doesn't expect this of me every week, so if I suck once in awhile I'll still get cake and ice cream). I just cannot believe the stuff that comes out of his mouth sometimes. Knowing what true leaders say and do to motivate men to do difficult tasks and jeopardize themselves in the process, it literally makes me sick.

Zordon

Reaction score
When I hear that guy say things like "it's not realistic to expect this offense to perform as highly as it did this past Sunday" I just wish Agent Smith was around to give him a Keanu mouth (or should I say face with no mouth) from the Matrix movie.

Why isn't it realistic? If it is not realistic, why in the world would you say that out loud? You're giving your highest paid players an out (Well Daddy said he doesn't expect this of me every week, so if I suck once in awhile I'll still get cake and ice cream). I just cannot believe the stuff that comes out of his mouth sometimes. Knowing what true leaders say and do to motivate men to do difficult tasks and jeopardize themselves in the process, it literally makes me sick.
jerry is going senile. that's the only explanation for all the stupid statements he's made the last 2-3 years. it's not realistic? the broncos do it every week you imbecile....why can't we?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Seriously. The oline is better? They have run the ball for less yards than last year at this time and Romo is on pace to be sacked 40 times. Come on, Jerry.

What team are you watching to NOT think this oline is better than last year?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

Maybe because before Romo, only 14 times has a team thrown for over 500 yards in a game. And nobody is going to score 48 points on offense week-in and week-out.

To me, it's not realistic to see that type of production.

YR

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
What team are you watching to NOT think this oline is better than last year?

What team are you watching that leads you to believe the o-line is better? Don't say team record, rushing yards, passing yards, or sacks because they are right in line with last year.

Can this o-line get better? Yes. Are they a better group than last year? Only on paper. I get that Jerry is looking at the glass as half full but to say that the o-line is better at this point in time is just not accurate. But you believe what you want to believe.

For what it's worth, I do believe that they will be consistently better as the season progresses.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Maybe because before Romo, only 14 times has a team thrown for over 500 yards in a game. And nobody is going to score 48 points on offense week-in and week-out.

To me, it's not realistic to see that type of production.

YR

I don't think we expect to be in a shootout every week that reaches 48 points. It would be nice to see us be able to use the high-octane offense to get a two score lead going into fourth quarter, then maybe be a little more conservative, run the ball, dink and dunk, and take a shot downfield here and there to keep them from leaning forward too much. That way we can control the clock late in the game and let the other team throw the hail mary passes as time runs out. (As an alternative to always being behind and trying to get down the field and score with a minute or two left on the clock.) If the D rises to the level of average, we should be able to do this.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't think we expect to be in a shootout every week that reaches 48 points. It would be nice to see us be able to use the high-octane offense to get a two score lead going into fourth quarter, then maybe be a little more conservative, run the ball, dink and dunk, and take a shot downfield here and there to keep them from leaning forward too much. That way we can control the clock late in the game and let the other team throw the hail mary passes as time runs out. (As an alternative to always being behind and trying to get down the field and score with a minute or two left on the clock.) If the D rises to the level of average, we should be able to do this.

I agree with this. Just not those people that get bent out of shape because Jerry is saying it's not realistic to put the numbers that we put up against Denver.

YR

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
What team are you watching that leads you to believe the o-line is better? Don't say team record, rushing yards, passing yards, or sacks because they are right in line with last year.

Can this o-line get better? Yes. Are they a better group than last year? Only on paper. I get that Jerry is looking at the glass as half full but to say that the o-line is better at this point in time is just not accurate. But you believe what you want to believe.

For what it's worth, I do believe that they will be consistently better as the season progresses.

Even a blind man can see this oline is much better than in years past. Tony actually has time to go through his progressions.

RS12

Reaction score
On @NewSchoolSS on @1053thefan, Jerry Jones says he cuts Kiffin slack because he sees individually how the players are being coached.

Who hired Monte again? Oh thats right.

Jerry Jones says the Cowboys played the Broncos as well as anyone has ever played them.

Another one for the moral victory trophy case?

Jerry Jones says it's not realistic to expect this offense to perform as highly as it did this past Sunday

Yep, it is not like you are going to go up against the 30th ranked pass defense every Sunday.

Jerry Jones says they will go "painstakingly slow" in working Jay Ratliff back in.

Painstakingly slow? As in the amount of time it is taking you to own up to and burry this mistake?

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
As much as i cringe when I say this.......

I feel like for the first part of season......romo was confined,,,,,

I say let him loose......gunslinger.....all on him

With romo live, with romo we die,,,,,,,,let the Chips fall where they may.......OPEN it up......

jnday

Reaction score
The Oline isn't just better. It's a good OL. Top half of the league.

As soon as the Cowboys fix 1 problem they have 10 others though.

Thy are much better in pass protection, but the run blocking is inconsistent from play to play. They have alotta room for improvement.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They actually asked him about his phone?

Not sure what's worse....that's a serious question or that I expect Jerry to have a new phone the next time he's on TV because he can't handle people laughing at him.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I dont know if yall have noticied, but we could possibly go 6-1 in our next seven...wash, philly, det, minn, saints, oak, midgets....js

Or 1-6.

None of those games is a lock. The one I feel best about is Minnesota because they don't have a QB but even they are able to score.

6 of those teams can score and Oakland just beat the Chargers.

I'd be shocked if Dallas won 6 of those games.

Fredd

Reaction score
my, my, my....the FoHJ are out in full force...what do you expect the guy to say? First, I wish he wasn't so "available" to the media ALL of the time...but, since he is, I have no problem with him taking a positive outlook on the team and tony room...do you expect the opposite? and, I don't know the context of the questions based on posts in here, but someone must have asked him whether Tony was the best option for the team and he makes a statement of "he gives us the best shot at making a Super Bowl" and people in here lynch him for it? again, what would you have him say? Tony gives us the best chance to win the division? tony gives us a chance to improve on 8-8? my God, if he said that, all of you FoHJ people would crucify him! I love JJ the owner and not so much the GM Jerry, but some times, you have to remove yourself from your disdain for the man, take a step back and realize that anyone put in that chair in front of the media, would answer similarly

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thy are much better in pass protection, but the run blocking is inconsistent from play to play. They have alotta room for improvement.

Run blocking around the league is inconsistent from play to play.

pastordug

Reaction score
Jerry Jones TALKS TOO MUCH. PLEASE SHUT UP and maybe.....just maybe the team would play without the fear that the owner is going to open his big FAT mouth. And yes I STILL cannot get over the way he treated Tom Laundry. This is btw the DALLAS COWBOYS and NOT the Dallas Jones'