Jerry Jones reportedly hires lawyer to block Goodell's extension

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Who said they were all nay votes? I'm certain the Giants are a yay.

Not based on this statement by Jerry Jones in a recent conference call. I had no idea about this until just now.

Jones said in a conference call last Thursday with the six owners — those of the Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Texans — that legal papers were drawn up and would be served this Friday if the committee did not scrap or delay its current plans to extend Goodell’s contract.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I heard they need 26 of the 32 owners to approve the extension. Based on what has come out. I don't even think the law suit would be necessary as between the Cowboys, Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Texans. That's seven nay votes of 32 leaving only 25 yay votes. 25 yay votes won't cut it from what I read.

I think the Compensation Committee is trying to proceed with the extension based on the original vote to authorize. Jerry just wants a revote, which I think he has the numbers to block.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
giants? steelers?
Jerry's quote on a conference call.

Jones said in a conference call last Thursday with the six owners — those of the Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Texans — that legal papers were drawn up and would be served this Friday if the committee did not scrap or delay its current plans to extend Goodell’s contract.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I think the Compensation Committee is trying to proceed with the extension based on the original vote to authorize. Jerry just wants a revote, which I think he has the numbers to block.

That would make sense then.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Teams most likely siding with Jerry: Steelers, Rams, Chargers, Raiders, 49ers, Patriots, Saints, Texans.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I can't believe there are owners that think Goodell has been good for the league and should be extended. He's personally presided over the destruction of the game.

Your shocked that a team like the Browns would stick with Goodell? Look how they draft. :lmao:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
yep.you only need the big owners-Jerry,Kraft ,little Danny and Rooneys are enough to convince others to sink Roger.I think this all started when Jerry read the investigators report who recommended no suspension but Goodell and Friel concocted the bogus suspension regardless.Jerry must have made up his mind at that moment.

Those 4 can form there own league.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
If he had the votes they couldn't pass the extension. It takes 24 teams to pass it once the committee makes an agreement.

Thought the owners had already voted to extend, then they delegate negotiating terms to the Committee.

Bizwah

Reaction score
The way I read this seems to indicate that the Pats, Steelers, Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, etc...are all on the committee to extend. They aren't siding with Jerry at all. Well, maybe the Steelers if you believe the tweet.

Jerry is serving papers to the committee. He's taking on some pretty big hitters if you ask me.