Jerry Jones reportedly hires lawyer to block Goodell's extension

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The way I read this seems to indicate that the Pats, Steelers, Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, etc...are all on the committee to extend. They aren't siding with Jerry at all. Well, maybe the Steelers if you believe the tweet.

Jerry is serving papers to the committee. He's taking on some pretty big hitters if you ask me.
You hit for the home run, or you'll never hit a home run.
He's won before, in semi-similar situations.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The way I read this seems to indicate that the Pats, Steelers, Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, etc...are all on the committee to extend. They aren't siding with Jerry at all. Well, maybe the Steelers if you believe the tweet.

Jerry is serving papers to the committee. He's taking on some pretty big hitters if you ask me.
Being on the committee doesn't necessarily mean they want to extend.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
What I found a dishonorable is how the Times injected their own legal case into the story. This is a huge journalistic impropreity, but doesn't surprise me, with the national state of journalism (reflected on the left and the right).

There is little doubt Harvey is a skank, but lawyers defend all manner of clients in all manner of cases.

It's my view fighting Goodel is a very honorable cause and Jerry sought a talented and tough lawyer. I applaud.
The only thing that matters is if he's a good lawyer.

Corso

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is if he's a good lawyer.
You get my point though, right? I don't want an attorney that may be going through a crisis himself...

Maybe he'll be good and slink that Black Cube stuff off like it's nothing (I'm sure he will), but it would definitely stink if he gets hit with some serious allegations, while in the middle of this NFL thing.

Corso

Reaction score
Goodell at the draft will be fun to watch. Going to get loud.
I'm remembering words said, even to Drew Pearson, before picks were made by the big dude himself- Goodell likes the boos and wants the intensity ratcheted up to 11 on the boos.
It's good for national TV.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I've never heard this. Hell, Jerry's track record is written in stone showing this is not the case. Jerry filed a $750M law suit against the NFL in 1995.
It’s always thrown around here. Talk about how he just needs to basically man up in regards to referees l, suspensions the cap penalty and basically anything else people can come up with. I always thought it was strange considering what you referenced.

diefree666

Reaction score
I think the Compensation Committee is trying to proceed with the extension based on the original vote to authorize. Jerry just wants a revote, which I think he has the numbers to block.

I would guess that the final form of the agreed contract extension would have to be voted on for approval.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Keep this between us, but I was talking to a guy who happens to know for certain who this mystery lawyer is. He provided a photo of this attorney in action. I am placing this here at a risk of physical harm to me, but you guys are much more important.

my-cousin-vinny_0.jpg

Corso

Reaction score
Keep this between us, but I was talking to a guy who happens to know for certain who this mystery lawyer is. He provided a photo of this attorney in action. I am placing this here at a risk of physical harm to me, but you guys are much more important.

my-cousin-vinny_0.jpg
Easy win.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan