Jerry Jones said he doesn't think this is Dak Prescott last year with the Cowboys

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Majority which is over 50%.
Dramatic_Look_Gopher.gif

RonnieT24

Reaction score
At best, you have observed a sampling of criticisms on social media, etc. Whether it is a truly translatable representation of actual fans within the entire fanbase is extremely and highly questionable.
Not really.. It is a known fact that miserable piss and moaners are way more vocal that happy people. The people you hear from and read whining every day about everything Cowboys represent a loud mouthed minority who attempt to pass themselves off as "speaking for all fans." No, you speak for all piss and moaners.

leeblair

Reaction score
Fans are fans......I agree that most probably disagree with paying Dak a certain amount but to say they will stop watching or supporting the team is waaaay off base IMO.
I don't know.
But most seem to be at the point of losing interest, not caring what happens anymore beyond merely watching to see the fall.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jarv. Serious question. Do you honestly believe 50%, half, of the Dallas Cowboys following will stop being fans because of Prescott's signing? I am talking about in real life. Not hypothetical.
Maybe I misread the question? I thought it was what percentage doesn't want Dak signed...Like me...But I will stay a fan even if he does get signed, like I did last time.

So if I did mis-read the question, my bad. This could be the 2nd mistake I've made this year :p

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
All I know is what I hear and see in conversations and on social media;
The majority of long-term fans are fed up with Dak's choking and Jerry's circus.
I don't think I'm that fed up with Dak. He has his established limitations in big games. But maybe he overcomes.

I just don't see that what Jerry has done this offseason makes any *sense* if Jerry has any preference for winning and thinks he can do it with Dak.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe I misread the question? I thought it was what percentage doesn't want Dak signed...Like me...But I will stay a fan even if he does get signed, like I did last time.

So if I did mis-read the question, my bad. This could be the 2nd mistake I've made this year :p
Maybe I mis-read @leeblair myself. It's all good. :)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm not sure fans realize the impact of what Jerry is saying. IMO it is just a coded way of saying this is Dak's final season as a Dallas Cowboy. I'm reading here that Jerry is done with Dak and the only reason he is still Cowboy is because they couldn't trade him and they are certainly not releasing him. It would not surprise me if they don't even bother making Dak an offer after the season..........similar to Dez and Amari Cooper's exit from the team

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Very strong words from Jerry.......

But he also learned there were things he wanted he couldn’t afford and ended up being better off

Let's translate......
Dak thinks he is worth way more than I'm willing to pay. If that's how he feels, I'm better off without him.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I'm not sure fans realize the impact of what Jerry is saying. IMO it is just a coded way of saying this is Dak's final season as a Dallas Cowboy. I'm reading here that Jerry is done with Dak and the only reason he is still Cowboy is because they couldn't trade him and they are certainly not releasing him. It would not surprise me if they don't even bother making Dak an offer after the season..........similar to Dez and Amari Cooper's exit from the team
I read it a little different. To me that was Jerry sending a message to Dak that he has a set maximum price he is willing to sign him to right now (which no one but JJ/SJ and Dak and his agent knows). If Daks not willing to sign it then he has no issue going into the season on a 1 year prove it deal, which may work out best for JJ if Dak and team do not reach whatever goals he set for them (i.e. the better off statement).

rambo2

Reaction score
I think Jerry knows that he risks losing a considerable portion of the fans if he re- signs Dak.
And the fact that Dak has repeatedly choked under pressure has to be a factor in Jones' thinking.
Therefore I think he has decided to offer a lot less money and let Dak decide if he wants to be a Cowboy.
Lol, your 1st paragraph is ridiculous.