Jerry Jones said he doesn't think this is Dak Prescott last year with the Cowboys

Blitzen

Reaction score
But that alone is an indication it really doesn't matter what happens with Dak, the Cowboys will function the way they function under the Jones leadership. It's the short sighted fans that think 1 player is the difference between the last 30 years and the next 4-5.

Literally-no fan thinks that moving on from Dak means immediate success for the Cowboys. Moving on from Dak is moving on from status quo. If anyone thinks that this is a decision that the Cowboys make in the earlier 2000’s, I’m sorry but you forgot what the team was like pre 2014. This is waaaaaay out of character. Not waiting till the wheels fall off their stats maniac QB? Night and day type decision making.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Glad the court case did not keep him away. Not glad.

There is the tease directed at Dak Prescott and his agent. He wants Prescott back but on more favorable contractual terms.
Then he should have had a real GM in place and signed him a long time ago.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I am not a Dak lover or hater. But if you guys think getting Dak at 50M as opposed to 60M will solve what ails us.....you don't know what you are watching. If they take that "discount" from Dak and use it to sign CeeDee and/or Micah..this STILL is not a Super Bowl team.

Dak is worth 50 - 60m. I don't care what the number is, but he is the runner MVP and that is what he is worth. I get some of you all want someone else to pay him that....and I'm fine either way.

Cee Dee is worth whatever the top 1 or 2 WRs is worth.

And Micah is worth whatever the top 1 or 2 pass rushers is getting.

If they are ALL on the same team...and you still can't win...then be a REAL franchise and figure out how to leverage the value they have via trades or whatever that allows the team to keep 2 of them and add pieces that fixes what ails us. This should have been the strategy a long time ago once you KNEW you could not pay all 3. That is what REAL franchises do!!!!!!!!!

But for the love of God STOP asking these guys to forgo what they are worth!!!!!!!!!! If we cannot afford them then TRADE them to someone who can. But I am tired of this franchise crying about having to pay top tier players. They don't want to pay top tier free agents. They don't want to pay their own top tier players...so what the heck do you want to do??????????

I tell you what they DO NOT cry about or apologize for...making more than anyone else in the NFL. So quit your b*tching and moaning and do something that advances the team further than they went last year and/or than they've gone in the last 30 years!!!!!!!!

One last thing. THIS....THIS front office has NEVER won anything. It should be obvious to EVERYONE by now how LITTLE Jerry had to do with those 90s Super Bowls besides write checks. As the chief architect without Jimmy's influence Jerry has averaged about 1 playoff win every ~6 years. That is what THIS front office has done. Those are the FACTS!!!!!!!!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry may have meant he likes Dak enough to sign him again but isn't willing to overpay.

Then again, he's glad he found out Dak "isn't all that," and it could limit his closing offer.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s quite plausible that Todd France is telling Dak something like…”I’ve been dealing with these two quite a bit and I really don’t think they can put a winner together. You may be better off elsewhere.”

That’s isn’t anywhere near far fetched, and it’s all Mikes fault if it all comes unhinged.

It’ll be three more years of Jerry’s Way with Mike Zimmer. Sorry but I have a tough time thinking things are clearly headed upward from here. I think they missed their window the last few years because they didn’t want cap problems, now all they do is complain about cap problems.

They aren’t qualified and aren’t any good at this.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s quite plausible that Todd France is telling Dak something like…”I’ve been dealing with these two quite a bit and I really don’t think they can put a winner together. You may be better off elsewhere.”

That’s isn’t anywhere near far fetched, and it’s all Mikes fault if it all comes unhinged.

It’ll be three more years of Jerry’s Way with Mike Zimmer. Sorry but I have a tough time thinking things are clearly headed upward from here. I think they missed their window the last few years because they didn’t want cap problems, now all they do is complain about cap problems.

They aren’t qualified and aren’t any good at this.
Who knows? But that is a good thought. But what messed with me is when he did not really talk about much, but called out most of his fans about if he is here or not. At least he did not say, "How we doing guys"?

What a leader.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I hate Jerry as much as the next guy but he’s NOT wrong here.

Dak is not that guy; he doesn’t deserve 1/3 of our cap.

Let him him go soak up Tennessee’s cap, people don’t want to hear it but we need to start the QB process again.
Here is my problem .............as stated in another thread, most GMs would love to have this problem. Having THREE ALL-PRO players needing new deals. What does that say about his ability draft/find talent? Does it mean you have to sign all three? Hell no....you prioritize the players you want to keep and trade the ones you don't for valuable draft capital. What going to happen with the next round of players who become ALL-PROS? Can't sign them either huh........

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Jerry is still pissed about the playoff failure of last season. I don’t think he wants to pay anyone until there is playoff success. This might be a hot take but I don’t think anyone is getting an extension this offseason.
hard to get excited about a team of losers from the gm all the way down

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Here is my problem .............as stated in another thread, most GMs would love to have this problem. Having THREE ALL-PRO players needing new deals. What does that say about his ability draft/find talent? Does it mean you have to sign all three? Hell no....you prioritize the players you want to keep and trade the ones you don't for valuable draft capital. What going to happen with the next round of players who become ALL-PROS? Can't sign them either huh........
I agree.

Dak is telling us to our faces hes willing to leave. I respect him for telling us, so its not "rumors" etc...

This guy will bounce if hes not taking the biggest payday of all QBs in the league and hes simply not consistent enough as a player to deserve it IMO.

Dak is a good fella, nice guy, operates professionally, and is a hard working athlete. But if hes looking at Ceedee and Parsons and tells himself "not my problem if they cant stay here" well, thats just not a guy we need to give our cap away to.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve tolerated Jethro for 3 decades . Dak a few more years is nothing . We’ll still suk after he leaves much like we did before he arrived.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree.

Dak is telling us to our faces hes willing to leave. I respect him for telling us, so its not "rumors" etc...

This guy will bounce if hes not taking the biggest payday of all QBs in the league and hes simply not consistent enough as a player to deserve it IMO.

Dak is a good fella, nice guy, operates professionally, and is a hard working athlete. But if hes looking at Ceedee and Parsons and tells himself "not my problem if they cant stay here" well, thats just not a guy we need to give our cap away to.
There is always another guy that needs to get paid. When it is time for CD or Micah you will be able to say the same thing for Tyler Smith, Daron Bland, etc, etc.

Good GM's know how to make a balanced team that can play complimentary football. We do not have that.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I told you...you're funny guys! I'd rather go wee wee, and be happy, than keep crying about something I can't control. Have at it....maybe Jerry will call you guys for some advice.
Right on!

It wouldn't be at all like you to cry about something you can't control.