Jerry Jones Seemingly Blames Jason Garrett for Cowboys Loss

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Our offense runs thru our running game. We must establish it. Our entire assets of OL ,RB and QB is dependent on it.

Shut down our running game , you usually shut down our offense.

That is because of their trash playcalling and lack of adjustments. Keep running into a brick wall and hope it breaks. That isn't putting the players in the best position to succeed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly, and the Cowboys never really tried it. They acted like Dak was the backup and not Bridgewater.
Dak didn’t have as much time to try it. Saints defense really deserves much credit. Dak usually isn’t as effective without the threat of our running game and more time in the pocket.

superonyx

Reaction score
well u can take it up with the mods
i messed up the initial title and asked the mods to fix it, which was done.
I was referring to the actual title of the article. Not your post. I appreciate you posting the story.

I was excited reading the article waiting for the part where Jones somehow rips JG.
It never happened. Instead he commented several parts of the Saints organization.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is because of their trash playcalling and lack of adjustments. Keep running into a brick wall and hope it breaks. That isn't putting the players in the best position to succeed.
At what point would you give the Saints more credit than placing blame on Cowboys?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This game reminded me exactly of the meeting last season... I swear I thought I was watching a rerun of it, minus Brees. the only difference, was THEY got up on our butts and laid the wood on us, of course a little "help" from the zebras couldn't hurt either. It's all good, it's over and done with, lets get ready for that other smug butted team. I'm betting, we show up big and take this loss out on that team... just my opinion on it.

We won't even remember this when we win the Super Bowl.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
At what point would you give the Saints more credit than placing blame on Cowboys?

If the Cowboys played an optimal strategy and still lost I would credit the Saints. Dak was 22/33 for 223. That is 6.75 yards per attempt. Zeke had 18 rushes for 35 yards, which is 1.9 yards per attempt.

superonyx

Reaction score
I mean, it kinda is.

This is clickbait, but giving the other team's coach credit is pretty damning of your own staff.
Only if you are looking to take that away from it. Jerry is not some mastermind who carefully plants words. In fact he says whats on his mind way too often.
He credited the Saints defense, the scheme, the coaching.

Its like giving Bridgewater credit would mean you are bashing Dak.
Fans are way too sensitive and want to read into everything.

Hey my neighbors wife is pretty........that doesnt mean my wife isnt also pretty.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the Cowboys played an optimal strategy and still lost I would credit the Saints. Dak was 22/33 for 223. That is 6.75 yards per attempt. Zeke had 18 rushes for 35 yards, which is 1.9 yards per attempt.
Those stats would reflect Saints did an outstanding job. Cowboys are 1-8 when Elliott rushes for less than 75 yards someone posted earlier. I believe that lone win was in our opener.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Also I would say I do credit the Saints. They had a good gameplan going in, but the Cowboys never made the adjustments that could have forced the Saints to have to adjust as well.
Those stats would reflect Saints did an outstanding job. Cowboys are 1-8 when Elliott rushes for less than 75 yards someone posted earlier.

More so it would reflect we should have been passing the ball more. And the reason the Cowboys always lose when Zeke doesn't get 75 yards is precisely because the Cowboys refuse to switch things up if Zeke isn't effective. Your stats are proving my point.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Only if you are looking to take that away from it. Jerry is not some mastermind who carefully plants words. In fact he says whats on his mind way too often.

Hey my neighbors wife is pretty........that doesnt mean my wife isnt also pretty.
Yea, some fans are simply looking for blame instead of giving credit.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I certainly didn’t interpret it that way. I think only those who had that agenda going in are looking for anything to support their narrative.

Jerry’s comments accurately and pretty well are the consensus in evaluating the Cowboys loss. The Saints defense was the difference.

Take bow:bow::bow: .....he's calling it for what it/was. Damn good coaching job by the Saints coaches for THIS game. Hell, he could have said the thing last year when we beat them WITH Brees. What's interesting is some of the same posters/fans will tell you to take anything Jerry says with a grain of salt until........

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Also I would say I do credit the Saints. They had a good gameplan going in, but the Cowboys never made the adjustments that could have forced the Saints to have to adjust as well.

More so it would reflect we should have been passing the ball more. And the reason the Cowboys always lose when Zeke doesn't get 75 yards is precisely because the Cowboys refuse to switch things up if Zeke isn't effective. Your stats are proving my point.
I’d argue the Cowboys did make some adjustments at halftime on their first drive in 3rd qtr which culminated in their only TD.

Dak was more effective going with quick timing routes with less than 3 seconds to get the ball out. But we never touched the ball again in 3rd qtr. And Saints continued with pressure and stifling Cooper. We struggled converting 3rd downs going 4 for 13.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Obviously we’re very disappointed. … Let’s give them some credit. Their defense was the biggest concern for me coming in. They did a great job. They won a hard fought game. But they won it with a good scheme, good coaching,” Jones said, via The Athletic

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/cowboys-jerry-jones-jason-garrett-loss-saints/

was it moore
was it taking what the saints giving to us
was it garrett pulling rank on moore
was it crowd noise affecting the playcalling
guess we will eventually find out

LOL :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Jerry! You hired our coaching staff!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

The difference is that your wife and your neighbor's wife aren't directly competing for you....

...I don't think? lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score

The bigger point is our running game sets up our passing game. Dak has simply been proven to not be as effective without establishing our running game.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I’d argue the Cowboys did make some adjustments at halftime on their first drive in 3rd qtr which culminated in their only TD.

Dak was more effective going with quick timing routes with less than 3 seconds to get the ball out. But we never touched the ball again in 3rd qtr. And Saints continued with pressure and stifling Cooper. We struggled converting 3rd downs going 4 for 13.

They passed more on first down in that 3rd quarter drive which is what I was saying they should have done all game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said it before that game, the Saints are a better team and especially at home. There's no shame or blame to place when losing to a better team that was prepared.

Many saw this as a high scoring game but the Saints coaches saw it as a repeat of the last game and it was apparent that they didn't fear the passing game and saw those first 3 games as what they were, beating up patsies. This was also the first real D the Cowboys had faced.

The other thing the Saints coaches didn't know about Moore was his ability to adjust, they knew Garrett is poor in adjustments but what about a young OC? Even McVay admitted his shortcoming in the adjustment area against Belichick. And there are guys that have been coaching a lot longer than McVay and Moore that still can't adjust because a coach has to have the talent to do that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They passed more on first down in that 3rd quarter drive which is what I was saying they should have done all game.
And it was effective that drive.

I’d have to go thru our possessions in 4th qtr to determine if we aborted our adjustments at halftime which was successful in our only 3rd qtr possession.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
“Obviously we’re very disappointed. … Let’s give them some credit. Their defense was the biggest concern for me coming in. They did a great job. They won a hard fought game. But they won it with a good scheme, good coaching,” Jones said, via The Athletic

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/cowboys-jerry-jones-jason-garrett-loss-saints/

was it moore
was it taking what the saints giving to us
was it garrett pulling rank on moore
was it crowd noise affecting the playcalling
guess we will eventually find out
Game plan was certainly suspect. HC is certainly to blame.