Jerry Jones Seemingly Blames Jason Garrett for Cowboys Loss

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh:at people defending Garrett. Jones has already shown all the signs, after this season ends in yet another failure, Garrett's fired.

He's as good as gone. And of course the old fool has convinced himself that Kellen Moore is something special, so he'll foist Moore upon the next coach, which means we have another version of the clapper already on deck.....while teams that win SBs - like NO - rolls with guys like Payton.

mmohican29

Reaction score
This snip from the article nails it. Big time.

Disagree we were mauled, or outplayed.

We played badly, and got some huge bad calls and a big fumble (two) that kept us stymied when we looked like we were starting to get things going.

We're the better football team, we did not show it.

That's the Garrett trend that he cannot seem to shake and I agree with it, but the article is a bit over the top in its assessment of the game I saw.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shouldn't have telegraphed run there. Especially when we've been getting stuffed all night. That is the play I look as deciding the game. If we convert there I think we could get a field goal and then get a defensive stop.

I don't disagree. We were so predictable I felt like Romo calling the plays before the snap.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
So, when it works it’s an “ optimal offensive strategy “ but when we struggle it’s “ going back to Linehan- style “. How convenient lol.

Not enough passing on early downs and not enough PA. Also Dak was super effective on playaction despite the run game being terrible. Note week 3 on the second picture when I said the Cowboys ran a Linehan offense and still won.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is still upset about letting Sean Payton leave the Cowboys. Payton is the one that got away.
I doubt Payton would have had the same success here. Sean would have become frustrated and left like all of the greater coaches under Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Not enough passing on early downs and not enough PA. Also Dak was super effective on playaction despite the run game being terrible. Note week 3 on the second picture when I said the Cowboys ran a Linehan offense and still won.

Who is abbadabbadooo? Lol

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I agree with Jerry’s assessment. The Saints defense was the key in the game.

They stacked the line intent to stop Elliott and forcing Dak and passing offense to beat them over the top. It’s a proven scheme.

That’s doesn’t mean we had poor coaching on our end. Their scheme was effective and worked.
Jerry was saying we were outnumbered 24 to 12. That's from seeing double after the scotch overload.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anyone that still thinks Garrett is the answer has no clue. Just my opinion, a very good one, but still an opinion.
Garrett doesn’t need to be the answer to support his contributions. Honestly within Jerry’s “ socks to jocks” control I’m not sure there is an answer.

It comes down to which puppet can have the most influence over Jerry in overcoming his instincts.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Not only that.

Tony Pollard's skill set to compliment Zeke would've helped out too.

They could've stretched the defense out with some sideways stuff through the air and on the ground.

Instead we got North and South football.
I don't think they trust Pollard just yet.

Reaction score

Hopefully the teams analytics department is bypassing Garrett and giving this information to Moore. Then he can fix it.

This team moves the ball best when they throw on early downs. This is obvious just watching the games.

Establishing the run to set up the pass is 1970's thinking. And it will fail every time. Just like it did Sunday night.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Carrot top >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> exit stage right. Hopeless game plan. Eli Apple that has been horrible and you don't expose him DEEP? Really what are they thinking by running the ball in a stacked box?

aikemirv

Reaction score
This game reminded me exactly of the meeting last season... I swear I thought I was watching a rerun of it, minus Brees. the only difference, was THEY got up on our butts and laid the wood on us, of course a little "help" from the zebras couldn't hurt either. It's all good, it's over and done with, lets get ready for that other smug butted team. I'm betting, we show up big and take this loss out on that team... just my opinion on it.
Honestly the biggest difference was Gallup!

Zman5

Reaction score
That’s correct. Establishing or success of a running game is how I’d define setting up play action.

Just running the ball without success doesn’t set up play action.

Did you read or watch the video I posted?

You can run without success and play action can still work. Jarwin's play action pass worked even though we were averging 1.9 yards a carry because the threat of the run was still there.
Bob Sturm did an article on Romo being one the most successful play action QB in 2011 even though we had a pathetic run game. Yet JG refused to call play action back then.

It was questioned back then why JG doesn't use play action more when Romo had so much success with it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did you read or watch the video I posted?

You can run without success and play action can still work. Jarwin's play action pass worked even though we were averging 1.9 yards a carry because the threat of the run was still there.
Bob Sturm did an article on Romo being one the most successful play action QB in 2011 even though we had a pathetic run game. Yet JG refused to call play action back then.

It was questioned back then why JG doesn't use play action more when Romo had so much success with it.
No, I didn’t see video. And of course it can work despite the running success pending the level of QB you have.

Zman5

Reaction score
No, I didn’t see video. And of course it can work despite the running success pending the level of QB you have.

Both Dak and Romo had better success from play action than non play action pass.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Both Dak and Romo had better success from play action than non play action pass.
I’d agree with that. And Dak has more success and or effective in play action when our running game is productive.

Tommy

Reaction score
The wins are in spite of him not because of him.........can you think of one game where it was evident that we won based on Garrett moves and decisions?
Can you think of a game where the 90’s Cowboys were outplayed and sure to lose but they ended up with a win because a genius move from Jimmy Johnson.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This game reminded me exactly of the meeting last season... I swear I thought I was watching a rerun of it, minus Brees. the only difference, was THEY got up on our butts and laid the wood on us, of course a little "help" from the zebras couldn't hurt either. It's all good, it's over and done with, lets get ready for that other smug butted team. I'm betting, we show up big and take this loss out on that team... just my opinion on it.
I got a bad feeling we lay another egg. Whenever it seems like we should get up for a team...we play small. The bigger the game...Garret shuts down. And wouldn't it make sense to have Philadelphia rollin into Texas...@ a shot to claim first place on Sunday night prime time. All for the ratings...whatever created the most drama...that's what the league wants...and what the league wants...they get