Jerry Jones Seemingly Blames Jason Garrett for Cowboys Loss

jsb357

Reaction score
Our offense runs thru our running game. We must establish it.

several football analyst said the secret to Dallas' success in the first two weeks was the opposite

using the pass to setup the run.

they started wandering off course in the first half of the Miami game.

And in the dome on Sunday night, the wheels fell off.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
And it was effective that drive.

I’d have to go thru our possessions in 4th qtr to determine if we aborted our adjustments at halftime which was successful in our only 3rd qtr possession.

Even if they did adjust at halftime, my point is that should have been the gameplan going in.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
That’s a very broad statement “ never”. I’m not sure how we’d quantify this assessment?

I mean on a consistent basis over the course of a season. You could argue they tried it week 17 last year and the first two games this season.

fansince68

Reaction score
Just for clarity and the ability to distribute credit and blame accordingly.....
Who calls the offensive plays on this team?
Who calls the defense for this team?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
several football analyst said the secret to Dallas' success in the first two weeks was the opposite

using the pass to setup the run.

they started wandering off course in the first half of the Miami game.

And in the dome on Sunday night, the wheels fell off.
Our season opener was only game in which Zeke had less than 75 yards and won (1-8) and of course last two weeks over 100 yards in each.

So, I’m not sure how this proves our passing was more effective without establishing our running game?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Obviously we’re very disappointed. … Let’s give them some credit. Their defense was the biggest concern for me coming in. They did a great job. They won a hard fought game. But they won it with a good scheme, good coaching,” Jones said, via The Athletic

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/cowboys-jerry-jones-jason-garrett-loss-saints/

was it moore
was it taking what the saints giving to us
was it garrett pulling rank on moore
was it crowd noise affecting the playcalling
guess we will eventually find out

QUIT GOING BY MEDIA HEADLINES DESIGNED TO SUCK IN FANS AND ACTUALLY READ THE ARTICLES!

Drama sells, so the media stirs it up. But if you read the article, the indictment of Garrett suggested in the headline isn't there. Jerry merely said the Saints and their coaches did a good job.

That's not to say Jerry doesn't think the Cowboys could have done a better job, including the coaches - obviously they could have, and I'm sure he thinks that with every loss. But this headline (and this thread) is a tabloid style attempt to sensationalize things for the sake of sucking in fans, and it works because fans are eager participants, and are more than willing to follow the lazy path and go with whatever the headline tells them to think.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And it was effective that drive.

I’d have to go thru our possessions in 4th qtr to determine if we aborted our adjustments at halftime which was successful in our only 3rd qtr possession.

I just think we lost all momentum when we allowed the Saints a 9 minute FG drive on the next possession. That gave their defense plenty of time to adjust to our halftime adjustments. But some of it was just execution. We had the ball with over 6 minutes left needing only a FG. Dak makes a nice pass to Cooper for 9 yards on first down and then our 100 million dollar rb loses a yard on second down........ we have got to convert 2and 1.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Our season opener was only game in which Zeke had less than 75 yards and won (1-8) and of course last two weeks over 100 yards in each.

So, I’m not sure how this proves our passing was more effective without establishing our running game?

That was also the first game that the Cowboys used an optimal offensive strategy. I believe Week 2 could easily have been another game to add to that stat but Zeke got a long run at the end of the game. Then week 3 we started going away back to Linehan-style playcalling but we are so much better than the Dolphins that it didn't matter. As long as we go with that Linehan-style offense the team will be held back.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I just think we lost all momentum when we allowed the Saints a 9 minute FG drive on the next possession. That gave their defense plenty of time to adjust to our halftime adjustments. But some of it was just execution. We had the ball with over 6 minutes left needing only a FG. Dak makes a nice pass to Cooper for 9 yards on first down and then Elliott loses a yard on second down........ we have got to convert 2and 1.

Shouldn't have telegraphed run there. Especially when we've been getting stuffed all night. That is the play I look as deciding the game. If we convert there I think we could get a field goal and then get a defensive stop.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean on a consistent basis over the course of a season. You could argue they tried it week 17 last year and the first two games this season.
I think we could argue our offense runs thru Elliott.

I believe our ownership , front office and coaching staff has stated this as well. And it’s been pretty much a proven method of scheme to stop us.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I think we could argue our offense runs thru Elliott.

I believe our ownership , front office and coaching staff has stated this as well. And it’s been pretty much a proven method of scheme to stop us.

It runs through Elliott and has run through him, but it shouldn't. That is what I've been saying the whole time. Our offense is most prolific running through Dak.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Obviously we’re very disappointed. … Let’s give them some credit. Their defense was the biggest concern for me coming in. They did a great job. They won a hard fought game. But they won it with a good scheme, good coaching,” Jones said, via The Athletic

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/cowboys-jerry-jones-jason-garrett-loss-saints/

was it moore
was it taking what the saints giving to us
was it garrett pulling rank on moore
was it crowd noise affecting the playcalling
guess we will eventually find out
Lol!!!!! Garrett won't take the blame!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That was also the first game that the Cowboys used an optimal offensive strategy. I believe Week 2 could easily have been another game to add to that stat but Zeke got a long run at the end of the game. Then week 3 we started going away back to Linehan-style playcalling but we are so much better than the Dolphins that it didn't matter. As long as we go with that Linehan-style offense the team will be held back.
So, when it works it’s an “ optimal offensive strategy “ but when we struggle it’s “ going back to Linehan- style “. How convenient lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I certainly didn’t interpret it that way. I think only those who had that agenda going in are looking for anything to support their narrative.

Jerry’s comments accurately and pretty well are the consensus in evaluating the Cowboys loss. The Saints defense was the difference.
Anyone that still thinks Garrett is the answer has no clue. Just my opinion, a very good one, but still an opinion.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
So, when it works it’s an “ optimal offensive strategy “ but when we struggle it’s “ going back to Linehan- style “. How convenient lol.

How did you get that from my post when I specifically stated in week 3 we ran a Linehan-style offense and still won easily?

lk8701

Reaction score
Jerry is still upset about letting Sean Payton leave the Cowboys. Payton is the one that got away.