Twitter: Jerry Jones talks replacing Trevon Diggs

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
True, there's no such thing as replacing a player of the caliber of Diggs. However, it is possible to find someone competent for the position and someone whom we can win with.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I'd start talking to Carolina about Jaycee Horn. I think the narrative on him is that he's injury prone and they are probably near ready to make some changes at corner. The guy isn't Diggs obviously and I know the injury prone thing is going to be a turn off for people but hear me out, he's really good when healthy and he's just another guy that you know you can feel comfortable with when he's on the field. And if things do work out you've got a guy who's a more than capable starting corner once Gilmore is no longer with the team.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I mean pretty well said by Jerry. I would’ve expected some kind of inane euphemism like “you don’t replace the prize hog at the county fair with a greased up tomcat”
That is one of the funniest responses I have ever seen on these boards. .

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'd start talking to Carolina about Jaycee Horn. I think the narrative on him is that he's injury prone and they are probably near ready to make some changes at corner. The guy isn't Diggs obviously and I know the injury prone thing is going to be a turn off for people but hear me out, he's really good when healthy and he's just another guy that you know you can feel comfortable with when he's on the field. And if things do work out you've got a guy who's a more than capable starting corner once Gilmore is no longer with the team.
He's out for the next 4 games minimum with a
hamstring injury.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I mean pretty well said by Jerry. I would’ve expected some kind of inane euphemism like “you don’t replace the prize hog at the county fair with a greased up tomcat”
Well, you won the board for the month.

Creeper

Reaction score
I agree with Jerry. They are not going to find a replacement for Diggs somewhere else. They have to go with their depth. Losing 1 CB can be overcome. Losing 2, like they did last year make it a real problem. They really need Gilmore to step up his game now.

Proof

Reaction score
crazy that we have a recent first rounder as a backup who plays outside …

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Cards are just the team we need to get our crap straight in the secondary. No reason to rush anyone back. I'd like to see Izzy get some tries.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
He's out for the next 4 games minimum with a
hamstring injury.
Gives him time to get adjusted to the team and the playbook. Plus he'll have the bye week I think ours is around week 7.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Yeah, surprisingly cogent.