Jerry Jones thinks Dak Prescott is an MVP candidate

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dak beats the worst team in the NFL, and quite possibly the worst team in the past 20 years, and Jerry announces that his QB should be an MVP candidate.

Cool........ only in Dallas.
The same "GM" that forced Emmitt Smith to hold out for two losses to get a raise, is likely about to make Dak one of the highest paid players in league history

Delusional, insane, call it what you want. There are no words to describe the futility of Jerry's mind from a football perspective

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You left out on Tuesdays while standing on one foot. Oh and for 9 of those 12 months he wasn't playing so I'm at a loss to see how that matters. Everybody knows Dak will have to keep playing at this current level to win the MVP.. I stand by my assertion that if he does he will be the runaway winner. He will finish as the starting QB on a 13 win team with 40+ TDs and single digit INTs. If he does that he will absolutely win the MVP and it won't even be close.
Well...IMO it matters. Whenever he faces good teams....he almost always has an average to poor game. And that's when the INTs start racking up. You're extrapolating his stats he's racked up against bad teams...and assuming once the REAL competition starts there won't be a down tick. His real competition against teams with really good players is coming.

And yeah....the people that decide the MVP care how you perform when you match up against the upper echelon teams. As evidence by the fact that there are currently EIGHT QBs ahead of him (a quarter of the league's QBs) in the odds to win MVP.

When was his last good performance in a winning effort against a really good team that had their starting QB at the start of the game? I mean....if you WANT to call last November's win against the mighty Giants with Daniel Jones that "really good team", then mmmmm'kay.... but he just doesn't have a stellar record against good to great teams....and then there's the playoff factor

CCBoy

Reaction score
The same "GM" that forced Emmitt Smith to hold out for two losses to get a raise, is likely about to make Dak one of the highest paid players in league history

Delusional, insane, call it what you want. There are no words to describe the futility of Jerry's mind from a football perspective
This is a currently three year window for observation and losing against or blown out by every good team is not true. Take a look at matchups over the past three season and match up with this season's progression, evaluating...not using everything seen as a disclaimer. You are not fair to the game for the Cowboys. That is a biased stereotype rather than analyzing and evaluating the actual football by the Cowboys.

You cherry-pick points and distort what the team is and directions it has both improved upon, as well as excelled at as well. This is the NFL and this very team is getting judged. Media increased it's valuation and praise as well.

pansophy

Reaction score
You look at a lot of the QBs that win it and most of them have quite a running game; also a better D
Rodgers had almost the same rating and QBR as Romo yet threw for almost 700 yards more. Demarco Murray had about 700 more yards than Lacy. From an MVP point of view, if you go QB, how can you pick Romo over Rodgers with such a huge difference in load of offensive production going through Rodgers?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Of course Jerry is going to talk him up. He is Jerry's cash cow. He puts people in the stands who cares about championships.
so because Jerry said it there is no truth to the way he is playing? come on man its one thing to not trust jerry..its another thing to just swipe left on the fact Dak is playing good.. you can either admit it or you cant..

Flamma

Reaction score
Stats wise yes.

But he needs to be near perfect in wins over the likes of Detroit, Eagles, Miami etc to have a chance. Being great against the Giants, Commanders, and Carolina etc does nothing imo.

The narrative of this team is that we beat bad teams but can't beat good ones. Some of that is fair.
I agree. He has to show up in those games. If he does, and we win those games, I have to admit he has a shot. What QBs are currently killing it right now? Stroud? This might be a good year for a position player to get it. If Tyreek Hill gets 2000 yards, he might get it.