Jerry Jones Warned Us

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
How do you want me to respond to that? You try and put Murray and Emmit in the same discussion. That's when I knew you just got desperate for an argument.

If the o line and the average backs we have start doing good, and Murray is trash with the eagles, please continue to flail around and say we need Murray or a player of his caliber, don't switch it up or pretend to enjoy watching the way we play.

If the line is all there is, and any back can succeed, then how do you begin to ignore Emmitt's line?

Dallas was a passing team, and yet Murray constantly ran for above five yards a carry. You dismiss that, and then his team record season by suggesting he is average. It fits your narrative and belief that this team is fine without him.

I believe that's a mistake. Jones does not.

But then this is the same Jones that thought any one of 500 coaches...ect.

If is what you base your opinion on, versus the reality of last season for Murray.

And this is not a zero sum game. I can enjoy the team and admit to being wrong. I suppose you missed my sig. I mean neon pink is so subtle.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
But has he had what is in front of him or what is on the other side of the ball before?
If you lost Murray and didn't improve your defense I think it'd be appropriate to be sincerely concerned but I don't think that's the case.

As far as the running game, I keep going back to the yards before contact bit. If Murray can get 1000 before he gets touched I wonder what Randle can do with those same holes. He might not be able to get the same short yardage pick ups that Murray did but his breakaway ability trumps Murray's IMO. So maybe there is not as much need for those yards.

There is a trade off. Is making the defense going to be the plus or minus four games that seems to be our problem? The run game is why we won four more games last year. It made the passing game more efficient and took pressure off of Romo. It kept a subpar defense off the field.

Why not just make the defense better and keep the offense where it was? That could have been done the way things played out. But instead we decided that swing tackle and deep backup LBer were more important than taking a chance.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think people are finally going to find out what Murray meant to this team when they see the trash trying to replace him. I can't believe this organization didn't upgrade this position.

Upgrade the position with whom?

The two best backs were gone by 16.

Taking Yeldon in the 1st round? Really? Not that everyone thought Yeldon was all that.

Not taking Gregory to take Coleman or Duke Johnson or David Johnson? That would have been absurd.

Are M. Jones or Langford or Buck Allen or Mike Davis better than what's already on the roster? No sure fire upgrades there!

ftghb

Reaction score
really? Not a single proven running back on this roster, and it's not even a need worth addressing?

Not only that, but the guy jerry jones is planning to rely on, is a dude with off-the field issues and a career backup?

Frozen700

Reaction score
I was not one of many here who suggested we move up for Gurley or Gordon.

But when it comes down to a good back like Ajayi with an injury concern or a player like Wilson who frankly will never be a significant player in this league unless disaster strikes, I take that gamble.

Jones loves to talk about "risk". He took high stakes with Gregory and when it came down to lower risk, with a lower draft choice, we pick a positional coach's pet cat.

Sorry, that makes zero sense to me unless he really and truly believes the RB position is set.

Apparently he does and that decision will have a real and direct impact on this team's success this upcoming year.

OK this is understandable. I see your position now.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
There is a trade off. Is making the defense going to be the plus or minus four games that seems to be our problem? The run game is why we won four more games last year. It made the passing game more efficient and took pressure off of Romo. It kept a subpar defense off the field.

Why not just make the defense better and keep the offense where it was? That could have been done the way things played out. But instead we decided that swing tackle and deep backup LBer were more important than taking a chance.

And that's a valid reply without resorting to the mudslinging the board is currently engaged in. My response would be that the team values Randle more highly than we do, as you pointed out in the OP. I'll admit that while I liked what I saw from him last year at times, I felt no confidence in him in short yardage situations. Have to wonder if Davis and Allen going back ti back right in front of them disrupted their plans. If that's the case, I'm glad they didn't overreact and go off their board. In hindsight they would probably have wanted to jump up a couple of spots there.

jnday

Reaction score
I thought you were gone? Besides, I did not say rotate, instead, I mean depending on the situation and game, one could flourish and another could flourish in another game. From what I have been hearing, this "bell cow" running back is no longer vogue in today's NFL. Now, I would like an AP...but that is not likely.

The Cowboys helped with the comeback at the RB position. More and more teams will copy the team. Yeah, I took a break, but don't worry, I am not posting much.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Why don't you take your disgust out on Murray instead of Jerry or the Cowboys? Murray could have lived just fine feeding his family on what the Cowboys offered, instead he bails and you and other blame the Cowboys?

It's like a husband that cheats on his wife an instead of the wife beating the hell out of him, she beats the hell out of the other woman who did not know he was already married! Use some logic for damn sakes!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last season an undrafted FA, C.J. Anderson led the Bronco's in rushing and averaged 4.7 ypc... same as Demarco Murray. And I doubt anyone believes the Bronco offensive line is better than the Cowboy offensive line.

I'm not saying C.J. Anderson is as good as Demarco Murray, what I'm saying is that you do not need Demarco Murray to have a good running game.

wileedog

Reaction score
Last season an undrafted FA, C.J. Anderson led the Bronco's in rushing and averaged 4.7 ypc... same as Demarco Murray. And I doubt anyone believes the Bronco offensive line is better than the Cowboy offensive line.

I'm not saying C.J. Anderson is as good as Demarco Murray, what I'm saying is that you do not need Demarco Murray to have a good running game.

And I think you can't predicate you're entire team identity on running the football and go into the season with the major question marks we have at the RB position. By letting Murray go with no viable replacement they put themselves in a position in this draft where they needed to make a move at some point and add more talent there.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Cowboys helped with the comeback at the RB position. More and more teams will copy the team. Yeah, I took a break, but don't worry, I am not posting much.

Murray wanted to much money! Why can't some of you get that? Murray was not the sole reason for the success of the Cowboys last season. He was a big part but not at the price of of paying him to still have a 7th ranked offense and a 17th ranked defense. Think about it...the Cowboys defense could not even get after a one legged Rodgers!

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
Hope McFadden is off the chain because Randle cannot be relied upon.

For the sake of our team, and especially Romo, I hope he does. That's just asking for a heck of a lot with no backup plan.

Frozen700

Reaction score
If the line is all there is, and any back can succeed, then how do you begin to ignore Emmitt's line?

Dallas was a passing team, and yet Murray constantly ran for above five yards a carry. You dismiss that, and then his team record season by suggesting he is average. It fits your narrative and belief that this team is fine without him.

I believe that's a mistake. Jones does not.

But then this is the same Jones that thought any one of 500 coaches...ect.

If is what you base your opinion on, versus the reality of last season for Murray.

And this is not a zero sum game. I can enjoy the team and admit to being wrong. I suppose you missed my sig. I mean neon pink is so subtle.

I never said the o line is all there is. I acknowledge RB's like J Charles, Shady, AP, Bell, Foster ect ect they are the exception. They don't need a great o line, but if they had one they would be deadly. Emmit falls under that law.

Murray is no where near the talent level of those guys. So a good o-line would really benefit him. Same goes for Dunbar and randle.

So what I'm trying to say is, if you are a very talented RB of course an online won't make you. But if you have an elite oline, it can make a RB look good, and a elite RB look even more elite.

Murray was just good before last year, last year he became elite. Why? Because of our o line, and he was never a great athlete. Our o line made guys like randle and Dunbar look real decent and promising.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
And I think you can't predicate you're entire team identity on running the football and go into the season with the major question marks we have at the RB position. By letting Murray go with no viable replacement they put themselves in a position in this draft where they needed to make a move at some point and add more talent there.

They had to let Murray go...he wanted to feed his family some bologna instead of beans! Murray is the one that has all you guys pissed, not the Cowboys.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I never said the o line is all there is. I acknowledge RB's like J Charles, Shady, AP, Bell, Foster ect ect they are the exception. They don't need a great o line, but if they had one they would be deadly. Emmit falls under that law.

Murray is no where near the talent level of those guys. So a good o-line would really benefit him. Same goes for Dunbar and randle.

So what I'm trying to say is, if you are a very talented RB of course an online won't make you. But if you have an elite oline, it can make a RB look good, and a elite RB look even more elite.

Murray was just good before last year, last year he became elite. Why? Because of our o line, and he was never a great athlete. Our o line made guys like randle and Dunbar look real decent and promising.

I disagree, But thanks for taking the time to restate your position. I understand your point but believe Murray was always what he was last year and the team did not use him correctly.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I couldn't be happier we didn't waste a pick on a running back.