Jerry Jones was just on the fan he said what i have suspected *Audio Post #84*

khiladi

Reaction score
Of course he's gonna say people should come to his business... who wouldn't?

Eddie

Reaction score
This is why I loathe, hate, and despise this man. He's taken something which I cherish with all my heart, and treated it as his cheap *****. He has no respect for the fans other than the money he can make off of them.

This franchise means the world to me, and he's turned my passion into indifference. I'm even at the point where I'm happy to see the team get dismantled ... maybe it'll wake him up. But it never will.

My hate for this man and his family run deep.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I cannot stand Jerry but he's there till he's dead.

He's an ego maniac which makes him completely unlikeable in addition to being & looking like an old fool drunk.

If the team ever does a thing it'll be in spite of Jerry not because. They'll hit on a draft choice here & there & get those average teams they have for years now.

rcaldw

Reaction score
People are mistaking Jerry being bad at his job and wanting to do it HIS WAY with Jerry caring more about making money than winning.

I believe Jerry wants to win. I also believe that Jerry wants to win with himself at the center of the picture. No matter how you slice it, that amounts to winning being secondary. It is a desire to win A CERTAIN WAY, and if I can't win that way, then I would rather not win than change things. That = winning being secondary.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Jerry wants to win. I also believe that Jerry wants to win with himself at the center of the picture. No matter how you slice it, that amounts to winning being secondary. It is a desire to win A CERTAIN WAY, and if I can't win that way, then I would rather not win than change things. That = winning being secondary.

Well said, and that sums it up perfectly.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

visionary

Reaction score
about as blind as they come despite over a decade of futility

learns nothing

coogrfan

Reaction score
I'm a card carrying JJ hater, but having listened to the clip this is much ado about nothing.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Please tell me this doesn't mean we're going to start trying out midgets at LB...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
He's destroying this franchise. And he's completely oblivious of it too.

He's such an egomaniac, that I wonder if he even realizes he's one of the worst GM's in sports history.

He's a common thief. He's stolen our storied franchise from us and all of what was worth something to the fans. He doesn't take owning an NFL team seriously as football goes.

He's gotten the worst of records to prove he's not GM material.

Keep tryin' jerr. You will NEVER be the face of the franchise. Your face is that of a perennial loser who can't get the job done. Period.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
What show is he talking about?

The ugly art? The team walking thru a club? Teenybopper halftime show? Girls swinging on poles?

If I was a paying season ticket holder I'd rather the show be the team.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Whether or not he mouthed those words, his actions have been spelling it out in spades, for a long, long time. Winning isn't just 2nd, it's 3rd. Behind Jones' ego and his wallet.

That he would call that collapse on Sunday a "show" spells it out plainly for even the most dense.

Reaction score
http://dcfanatic.com/?p=9723 pure bull...he never said he didnt care about winning he said winning was the goal...but its an entertaining show.
So in other words, Jerry would never want to win the way the Ravens are winning because it's not entertaining enough. He'd rather lose in an entertaining fashion like this past Sunday than win in a boring 18-16 game like the Ravens did.

Gotcha.

coogrfan

Reaction score
He's a bold-faced liar. Look at the team, dude. Is that the makings of a winner? At any level?

He's changed nothing to prove otherwise.

All that proves is that JJ is utterly incompetent, something most of us already knew. That in no way changes the fact that the quote attributed to him by the o/p is incorrect.

JJ wants to win, unfortunately he doesn't have a clue as to how to go about doing so.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So you guys want Jerry to not encourage people to come to games because the team is doing poorly?! How on earth does that make any sense? I can't stand Jerry and think he is the root of all evil, but in this instance he has done nothing wrong.

Reaction score
So you guys want Jerry to not encourage people to come to games because the team is doing poorly?! How on earth does that make any sense? I can't stand Jerry and think he is the root of all evil, but in this instance he has done nothing wrong.
What I want my GM to say is that my job is to do everything in my power to put a winning product on the field.

My job, as GM, is to win football games. That is my only priority.

It is the job of my boss, who is the owner, and the marketing department to put bums in the seats, not mine.