Jerry Jones was just on the fan he said what i have suspected *Audio Post #84*

Kingsham

Reaction score
He's a bold-faced liar. Look at the team, dude. Is that the makings of a winner? At any level?

He's changed nothing to prove otherwise.

No this team does not look like a winner one bit.

He said they spent the most on the team out of any team on the league..thats cool, but the problem is that even if you're going to spend boatloads of money you need a REAL GM to make these moves.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
What I want my GM to say is that my job is to do everything in my power to put a winning product on the field.

My job, as GM, is to win football games. That is my only priority.

It is the job of my boss, who is the owner, and the marketing department to put bums in the seats, not mine.

So you want to live in a dream world or reality? The reality is our owner and GM are the same person. Of course Jerry wants to win. The more games Dallas plays and the more success they have the more he makes and the better he looks. It would be a huge blunder for any owner or GM to come out and say anything other than what Jerry said, particularly given the fact that we are still very much in the playoff race.

Sunday was atrocious and heads should role, but the season isn't over and changes aren't coming in week 16, so get over it.

I can't stand the guy and think we need a GM as much as anyone, but you're all barking up a phantom tree.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Jerry's legacy will be a shameful one.

He wants to be remember in a good light, but I'm sorry ya old bag.

No one will remember you for anything period. Losers don't get a place in the history books.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard him say we spent more money on this team than any other team did. I heard him say I wish I had won a Super Bowl or two over the last 15 years. I didn't hear him say that winning is secondary. If you hate Jerry, so be it. But don't make stuff up. If it's your opinion that winning is not priority #1 for him, then say so and attribute the quote to yourself. Don't put words in his mouth. The things he says are crazy enough. He doesn't need help sounding nutty.

birdwells1

Reaction score
This is exactly right. Jerry would like some is glory, but he really wants money -- simply because he's much more a businessman than a football guy, and money is his primary measure of success. I realize the NFL is a business (a tax-exempt business), and owning a team requires business acumen. But some owners -- Kraft, the Maras, the Rooneys and others -- are able to balance business success and football success. Jerry doesn't seem blessed with that talent.

You can have financial success by placing a winner (like the owners above) on the field but jj realizes that winning Is hard and is something that he cant control so he decides to promote the team no matter what and thats something that he can control.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You guys are a trip. A real trip. Did he say it or didn't he? Does it matter if he said the exact words (ie: "winning is secondary")? At the end of the day it's all semantics and the man gave you a glimpse inside his decrepit mind and delusional thought process. The fact that Jerry believes fans will come to the "show" because it's "entertaining" is all I need to hear about where his head is at. What NFL GM says that? He's telling you that entertainment is first and winning is second. He's the Vince McMahon of the NFL.

And think of what this thought process does on draft day. The "Big Uglies"? Sorry, not entertaining enough. CB's, WR's, TE's....flash baby....flash......Trade up, trade down, trade draft picks. It doesn't matter because he's a wildcatter and it's exciting and leaves the fan base talking. He's not building a team. He has no vision to build a team nor a concept of how to do it because he never has. He's building a marketable product because there are fans that have accepted that way of doing businesses and defend him until their last breath. He's a pathetic joke and we disrespect Al Davis by even comparing Jerry to the man in black.

I vote this for post of the day. Think about every word of this people. Just think about this. I will never leave the team unless they change the name, but I've been done with Jones a long time now.

coult44

Reaction score
I heard him say we spent more money on this team than any other team did. I heard him say I wish I had won a Super Bowl or two over the last 15 years. I didn't hear him say that winning is secondary. If you hate Jerry, so be it. But don't make stuff up. If it's your opinion that winning is not priority #1 for him, then say so and attribute the quote to yourself. Don't put words in his mouth. The things he says are crazy enough. He doesn't need help sounding nutty.

Regardless of how you interpret it, he still puts the show and entertainment at a level as high as winning. Accompany that with his refusal to put blame on coaches, play calling, and key players not doing anything to help, and it's a pathetic attempt to excuse the state of this franchise. I wish someone who who has a backbone and would take him to town would interview him. Rome, Dino, etc? Jerry knows and he says it, that we are his puppies....he cares about one thing , $$$$$. Ultimately, he makes more than he'll ever need, regardless if we are winning or losing...

yimyammer

Reaction score
Exactly. How much more money would he make if the team actually made deep playoff runs every year?

He'll always make more money with a winning team, if he doesn't understand that then he's an even bigger idiot than we know him to be.

Sometimes I wonder if Rich Dalyrimple (sp?) isn't the real GM

cowboyvic

Reaction score
On 105.3 this morning asked if he worried about fan apathy. He said "Not after last weeks Show." Then talked about it being the job to win a game. it's all about the show with this man. and that is sickening.one of the worst losses in franchise history is a show. are you freaking kidding me.

yimyammer

Reaction score
What I want my GM to say is that my job is to do everything in my power to put a winning product on the field.

My job, as GM, is to win football games. That is my only priority.

It is the job of my boss, who is the owner, and the marketing department to put bums in the seats, not mine.

He used to say this emphatically:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
What? Did Syracuse have the audacity to think they were an educational institution first and not a football factory?

Had nothing to do with them thinking they were an education institution. It had to do with them keeping the same head coach and despite underperforming and having a college offense that was outdated by 15 years, the Chancellor said that the fans that are upset 'need to get a life' and the AD at that time stated that he knew the fans weren't going anywhere because if they were fans of college football, Syracuse was the only major college program in the state and said 'New York is a one horse town.'

SU accepts football and basketball players that meet the minimum testing requirements. Always have and still do to this day. So you're argument does not hold water. It had to do with Pasqualoni taking a lower salary and the administration thrilled that they could still rake in the money and not pay a better coach a better salary. All this time they never updated the football facilities and have the worst football facilities in the ACC.

This all finished with some of the booster staff scolding my dad, a season ticket holder since 1980, because in 2001 he only renewed his season tickets for 1-year and when asked why he said he didn't like the direction the program was headed.

In the end, the program went into despair and this year, despite going to a bowl game, they could only get 21,000 fans for a home game against long time rival, Pitt. Meanwhile the Chancellor and AD got to retire on hefty salaries and golden parachutes. Pasqualoni (who seems like a nice guy, just a lousy coach) ended up at UConn where he ran that program into the ground and was fired, still getting over $1 million a year while he gets to stay at home.

You really don't believe that these programs are really worried about education over the millions of $$$$ they rake in, do you?

YR

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
wasn't a lot of the spending for Ratliff and spencer that worked out really well

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
This is very disheartening to me. While Jerry did not come out and say it outright, it was implied that these crazy losses are OK but they are good entertainment and thus good for business. Despite my criticism of Jerry I had always believed to this point that he wanted to win at any cost but just couldn't get it done. Apparently I can't buy into that anymore.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
All that proves is that JJ is utterly incompetent, something most of us already knew. That in no way changes the fact that the quote attributed to him by the o/p is incorrect.

JJ wants to win, unfortunately he doesn't have a clue as to how to go about doing so.

Disagree.

IF he truly wanted to win he'd do what even the common fan knows he should do. He won't.

Big difference between not doing it and not knowing how to do it.

The ego eccentric in him won't allow it................at the expense of us fans. He, of course, has nothing to lose.