Jerry Jones won't make major overhaul: Cowboys 'closer than this record indicates'

coult44

Reaction score
I don't think this team is close to being on par with the Cardinals, Panthers, Patriots, Broncos or Seahawks even with Romo. I would call the Jets or Chiefs elite before this team, again even with Romo.

Add 25 other teams to that list.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Houston is +2 in turnover differential.

Dallas is -18 in turnover differential.

Over the two games Weeden has started the Texans were +4 in turnover differential.

You want the story on why Weeden was able to win those two games? It's right there.

It certainly wasn't on his "arm". He's attempted 42 passes over BOTH games.

Good points.

Its the Texans defense that is keeping them in games.

Weeden is a bus driver.

But isn't Phillips the DC for the Texans?

There is a nugget to know.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Good points.

Its the Texans defense that is keeping them in games.

Weeden is a bus driver.

But isn't Phillips the DC for the Texans?

There is a nugget to know.

No, Phillips is in Denver. Romeo Crennel runs their D.

MikeT22

Reaction score
It's funny reading people who still think Jerry runs our front office and player acquisition.

I'm sure he noticed David Irving over in Kansas City late one night studying tape and put in a call and made it happen.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Yeah Jerrys always been hands off especially with key decisions like QB, RB, high round picks, key FAs. Good point Toruk

MikeT22

Reaction score
Let's attack another way. What roster ovrerhal do some of you want?

I don't think the roster needs an overhaul, just some tweaking

The overhaul I'd like to see involves the staff, specifically the head coach.

But I think most knew Jerry wouldn't give up on his pet project this soon or admit he made a mistake. Garrett probably just needs a new set of training wheels.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
If i could go back in time, the first thing id do is convince myself to not be a cowboys fan. What a stupid decision, i should have listened to my dad

MikeT22

Reaction score
Can we wait to see how this plays out first :)?

I didn't see anything to suggest they wouldn't address the position.

One thing is for certain, JJ is NOT happy with the coaching, so someone is going to get the axe.

I hate to be the waterboy come next week. That woodshed is scaaary.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
"much closer to the Super Bowl than its 4-11 record indicates."

So really this doesnt actually say much. He thinks were better than 4-11, with romo back, and hopefully dez back to 2014 form.
And in that he is right.
But how much better is debatable.

I and many others see this team as capable of making the playoffs, but far from being a team that wins NFC and goes to SB.
This team is nowhere near Carolina and Arizona, and then still a notch below GB and Seattle.
Next year Minnesota could be up there too.

If Dallas is not at those teams level they wont get past them in playoffs. And even if romo and dez had not got hurt I am fairly sure
we could not beat Carolina and Arizona, and I doubt we could beat the other 2-3 but it would be possible.

So by that statement jerry will stay the course and expect to be 12-4 again in 2016 and go all the way lol.
Everything is OK ! the coaches are in place, and we have our stars, the rest is too much for jerry to think about or care about.

On to the draft which I think jerry thinks they will fill their needs, since they are drafting higher.
The only way the draft helps 2016 is if they draft starters who can jump right in and do good., and what are the odds on that?

So....
Same coaches
Same players
Same offensive scheme, playbook..... jason says it is fine and they love it !lol
Same defensive scheme so they let other team score at end of every game.
Same ST .....unless rich gets a HC gig somewhere
Same results probably 10-6 or back to 8-8 and then lose in wc or div round.
That is my prediction right now.