Jerry Jones won't make major overhaul: Cowboys 'closer than this record indicates'

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
And this season is a fluke as well.

The team is 8-8...give or take 2 games. This will be my prediction for next season.

If everything clicks, we can be as good as last season. If the opposite happens and crippling injuries take over, you have this season. Still, the team is good enough to win this division and even this year...we have competed with everyone minus the Panthers and Patriots with some of the worst QB play in Cowboys history. The NFL is very close, many times a call or a few yards can decide who wins a game. We have seen it several times this year.

Quite agree.

The OL has learned a valuable lesson about how teams attacked them and should benefit.

The QBs are going to get a big shakeup and the RBs.

ST was good.

The defense still needs help but if Hardy returns and we have the cap to sign more FAs to add to whom we have..

we will be competitive and depending on the new players..

maybe alot more.

I'm not that concerned.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weeded was healthy, with the Cowboys for Off-Season/Training Camp and Dallas couldn't win with him. Houston had Brandon for less than a month and is winning with him.

This is a MAJOR indictment of ineptness for any NFL Coaching Staff, Jerry or any GM or fan for that matter, failing to see this egregiousness is yet another.

Houston is +2 in turnover differential.

Dallas is -18 in turnover differential.

Over the two games Weeden has started the Texans were +4 in turnover differential.

You want the story on why Weeden was able to win those two games? It's right there.

It certainly wasn't on his "arm". He's attempted 42 passes over BOTH games.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quite agree.

The OL has learned a valuable lesson about how teams attacked them and should benefit.

The QBs are going to get a big shakeup and the RBs.

ST was good.

The defense still needs help but if Hardy returns and we have the cap to sign more FAs to add to whom we have..

we will be competitive and depending on the new players..

maybe alot more.

I'm not that concerned.

You mean you're not running around like your hair's on fire, howling at the moon like a lunatic?

Geez, get with the program! LOL!

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
It's funny reading people who still think Jerry runs our front office and player acquisition.

I'm sure he noticed David Irving over in Kansas City late one night studying tape and put in a call and made it happen.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

If we had been having Patriots like success over the last 5-6 years - I can understand such confidence in the organization.

We've been 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 12-4 and now about to be 4-12. 1 winning season in 6 years - in a league of parity, with a franchise QB.

None of that is a ringing endorsement for the 'new management' or for that goofy ginger 'coach' you so adamantly defend.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
If teams on the level of the Giants and Ravens have won a Superbowl over the last decade...I am sure we can manage it. I am sure fans of those teams felt the same at points during their own Superbowl season. It is all about getting to the tournament and seeing what happens.

We were a questionable call or fumble away from being the NFCCG WITH Garrett last season to play a team we beat earlier in the year. Anything can happen in this league if you make it to the tournament.

We were also a no call away from going one and done lol

Naruto

Reaction score
We were a questionable call or fumble away from being the NFCCG WITH Garrett last season to play a team we beat earlier in the year. Anything can happen in this league if you make it to the tournament.

You mean we were a questionable call or fumble away from watching Aaron Rodgers march down the field in less than a minute and win the game?

Dracula

Reaction score
Your sanity.

Jerry and little Jerry beat that out of me a long time ago. Over the last 2 decades, there's only one constant in this organizational mediocrity and he ain't going nowhere and sadly, neither is this team. You know it and I know it. The Chicago Cubs have their Goat curse and the Dallas Cowboys have our Jones curse, eventually Chicago will have their's end.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
If teams on the level of the Giants and Ravens have won a Superbowl over the last decade...I am sure we can manage it. I am sure fans of those teams felt the same at points during their own Superbowl season. It is all about getting to the tournament and seeing what happens.

That's the problem with Garrett. He can't even do that, in a weak division, with a franchise QB. lol.

It's actually quite sad. It's not like we've had the Patriots in our division each year bullying everyone.

It's usually a race to 9 wins. What a blown opportunity, pissed away golden opportunities and the career of one of the best QBs we've had here since 2000 so Garrett could 'learn on the job'.

superonyx

Reaction score
Well it is true, the team does have talent.

This is the NFL, teams have extreme shifts in standings all the time. The Commanders looked hopeless last season and now they are a playoff team. With this division, anything is possible.

The Commanders still look hopeless.

The best of the worst isn't the goal.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
We loss to some really good teams and not by much. The Jets just beat the Patriots and we should have beat them with a 3rd string QB. I know its not a good way to compare teams but its something to consider. I think the players on this team are put in terrible situations with the coaching. I think the coaching in Dallas is near the bottom of the league. Romo balled out last year with bad coaching and got us close. Romo can no longer stay healthy. I think we have to have much better players than the other teams to compete because we are outcoached by a good margin............

superonyx

Reaction score
So if Romo stays healthy, we should make the playoffs? Okay well then why are you disappointed Jerry doesn't think we need a complete overhaul if you think we have a hope next season.
Because just making the playoffs isn't the goal. We may be Romo away from being better than sorry Washington but we are more than Romo away from being a serious contender. Well coached teams like Seattle, Carolina and the Cards are more than just Romo from where we stand today.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
We loss to some really good teams and not by much. The Jets just beat the Patriots and we should have beat them with a 3rd string QB. I know its not a good way to compare teams but its something to consider. I think the players on this team are put in terrible situations with the coaching. I think the coaching in Dallas is near the bottom of the league. Romo balled out last year with bad coaching and got us close. Romo can no longer stay healthy. I think we have to have much better players than the other teams to compete because we are outcoached by a good margin............

cant argue or counter this one bit what so ever. for some reason the FO thinks its easy to get all our talent humming at optimum levels like it was during that 12-4 season. they are way to arrogant. it's going to bite them in the *** again next season. (mods i hope i did that right this time, reality?)

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
he is right, this team plus a healthy tony romo is elite

its really rare for this team to be this elite though. nearly everything has to be going close to perfect. very hard thing to do. it gets harder the older Romo gets. coaching sure is not going to make a difference in the positive what so ever.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not sure about elite... but certainly good.

You add in a few good draft picks, a couple solid free agent pickups, a last place schedule and 11-5 is reachable.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
My God, Darren McFadden is going to be the starter next year.

This is plan A to this idiot.

Can we wait to see how this plays out first :)?

I didn't see anything to suggest they wouldn't address the position.

One thing is for certain, JJ is NOT happy with the coaching, so someone is going to get the axe.

wileedog

Reaction score

I don't think this team is close to being on par with the Cardinals, Panthers, Patriots, Broncos or Seahawks even with Romo. I would call the Jets or Chiefs elite before this team, again even with Romo.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The other playoff team from last year who will miss the playoffs this year too, the Lions, may be a lot closer than we are right now......

robjay04

Reaction score
Can we wait to see how this plays out first :)?

I didn't see anything to suggest they wouldn't address the position.

One thing is for certain, JJ is NOT happy with the coaching, so someone is going to get the axe.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this being an extremely aggressive offseason. Jerry has signed off on the conservative approach the last two seasons. His age is catching up to him (two hip surgeries) and I know he wants Romo to win a ring...he knows it could be a few seasons until we have a QB we can win with.

I could see an aggressive pursuit for a running back or a playmaker on defense. I don't see Peterson coming but I could see something shocking happen.