Jerry, Kraft, Mc Nair being deposed about Kaepernick

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm curious what they expect to find in these emails, texts, and phone calls. I seriously doubt that any NFL personnel would discuss possible player signings or things of that nature with opposing teams.

Why would Jerry discuss any FA with another owner/gm? That would be tipping our hand as tgo what we're doing with our roster. I don't see it happening, unless it's a possible trade their discussing.

Now if they find out owners and GMs were telling each other not to sign Kap then I hope they get caught and Kap wins his lawsuit. But I don't see that happening.

One side note, if Dak went down with an injury I'd feel much better with Kap coming to play then any QB we have. I feel he'd be a good backup here with our offensive line and his ability to extend plays. And he's a veteran who has won games before. I could careless about baggage he may bring as far as media attention. As long as he's not doing anything illegal or physically hurting anyone then my priority is to win games.

erod

Reaction score
Who knows what kind of shape he's in, there was a pic last year floating around and he had the arms of a 12 year old girl

He went vegan and supposedly lost a ton of weight. He didn't have weight to lose.

I don't think he really wants to play. He wants to do the whole SJW thing.

Shuff

Reaction score
Just as some teams will not bring in potential players for various reasons, Kap has pissed off a lot of people and if they are not comfortable having him on their team- key phrase " THEIR TEAM" collusion should not even be an issue.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think Kap might have a case.

Putting aside for a moment how I feel about Kap's actions, it sure seems like there has been league-wide collusion to blacklist him.

I find it hard to believe that owners started talking and came to some kind of agreement to not employ Kap, esp when some of the owners didn’t seem to have a problem, and still don’t, with the protests.
I have to think Kaps case starts and ends with “he opted out of the final year of his contract” Kap knowingly chose unemployment and was coming off a horrendous year and benching....not a good combo. I think his skills are so marginal that you can find 20 like players on the street at any time and when you combine that with the team and media distraction/circus he brings....why would anyone purposefully bring that into their environment and risk massive fan backlash? Kap and his supporters act as if he has a “right” to play in the NFL but that is just ridiculous, Kap played, protested, and ultimately opted his way out of that “opportunity”.
To make matters worse, at the exact same time several teams had their starter go down to injury, Kap whips out a lawsuit against the league and owners....not a great strategy to woo potential employers.
Kap made his bed, now he doesn’t want to lay in it.
If the owners did somehow come to some hidden agreement then I’ll take most of it back but I would be completely shocked if that is the case. Honestly, I find the lawsuit laughable and I think it will ultimately just embarrass Kap even more.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Those calling Kaepernick stupid are misguided. He's clearly far more intelligent than many of his NFL peers, that's evident simply by listening to his press conferences. There's a lot of guys in this league who can barely form sentences. I'm not entirely sure Jamaal Charles knows how to read.

The issue is that his protest was intrinsically irrelevant with regard to the actions he was protesting. His actions had NO power to change police violence whatsoever. It was both unrelated to police violation and carried no impetus for change.

A true protest has a genuine effect on the issue being protested. When black Americans weren't allowed in certain restaurants, they sat in those restaurants which prompted and necessitated action. They were either going to be allowed to remain or violently removed, sparking outrage and forcing discussions about the topic.

What Kaepernick did has sparked ZERO discussion about police brutality and offers no chance of direct change. All people are talking about is whether or not it's disrespectful to kneel during the anthem and whether or not he's being conspired against.

So Kaepernick isn't stupid, but his choice of protest was. It failed miserably as anyone with any sense knew it would and has done nothing but hurt him, divide Americans and hurt NFL revenue and ratings.

He should have picked a relevant way of protesting. As it stands, it was nothing more than grandstanding and frankly comes across as insincere.

All of that says nothing about the issue he's protesting, which is a relevant issue. His protest just wasn't relevant, at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Those calling Kaepernick stupid are misguided. He's clearly far more intelligent than many of his NFL peers, that's evident simply by listening to his press conferences. There's a lot of guys in this league who can barely form sentences. I'm not entirely sure Jamaal Charles knows how to read.

The issue is that his protest was intrinsically irrelevant with regard to the actions he was protesting. His actions had NO power to change police violence whatsoever. It was both unrelated to police violation and carried no impetus for change.

A true protest has a genuine effect on the issue being protested. When black Americans weren't allowed in certain restaurants, they sat in those restaurants which prompted and necessitated action. They were either going to be allowed to remain or violently removed, sparking outrage and forcing discussions about the topic.

What Kaepernick did has sparked ZERO discussion about police brutality and offers no chance of direct change. All people are talking about is whether or not it's disrespectful to kneel during the anthem and whether or not he's being conspired against.

So Kaepernick isn't stupid, but his choice of protest was. It failed miserably as anyone with any sense knew it would and has done nothing but hurt him, divide Americans and hurt NFL revenue and ratings.

He should have picked a relevant way of protesting. As it stands, it was nothing more than grandstanding and frankly comes across as insincere.

All of that says nothing about the issue he's protesting, which is a relevant issue. His protest just wasn't relevant, at all.
I slightly disagree with your stance. I think his protest has worked. It's also awaken a lot of NFL players.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

That's funny. Listening to some of his press conferences is when I determined he was stupid.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I really don't have much of a problem with Kaepernick. It's not his fault or any of the other players that the owners and the commissioner don't police the workplace. I still watch all the games, even that sorry excuse for a game last night. (After the Jets put their 31st point on the board, Tony said the Bills could still get back in it, but only if the Jets headed up the tunnel to the locker room.) I'm not as invested with the whole NFL as I used to be, but I still root for the Cowboys and that isn't going to change. The owners made this bed and they are going to have to sleep in it. Me, I just turn the games on about 15 minutes after they start to miss any drama.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Someone needs to offer him a minimum contract (like McGloin and others have signed) to be a backup which he will deny because he wants to be played millions. After he denies the offer case is closed.
Already been done a long time ago.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

You’re trying to do analysis in the moment.

If we were all around in real-time when Rosa Parks decided not to give up her seat I’d wager the vast majority of people would provide the same instant analysis you have saying “meh, what impact does one lady not giving up her bus seat have? What a waste of time...”

The reality is his actions have reverberated to point we are talking about high school kids, college kids, athletes in other pro sports making the same statement.

I’m not sure what kind of quantifiable cause/effect you’re looking for? Do we need a cop to say “well, I was gonna shoot that black guy if it not been for Colin Kaapernick...”

The fact that some have hijacked Kapernick’s actions as a direct insult to the military is bizarre and misguided and not his responsibility to answer to.

Sage3030

Reaction score
No one said he was Tom Brady. But let's not act like he was some schlub who couldn't play.

And the hilariousness of trying to argue that stupidity when you see guys like Matt McGloin get picked up by teams makes it even funnier that people are trying to argue he wasn't good enough to get picked up by a team.

Well if his gf hadn’t basically called the owner of the Ravens a slave owner and Ray Lewis his slave, he’d be employed right now.

He has no one to blame but himself and his woman.

Last edited:

Sage3030

Reaction score

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
IMO all it's shown is that most people are sheep.
Some, Yes. Some, No.
I'm sure there is a decent measure of peer pressure, but also players that believe in what they're doing.
Right, or wrong.

TWOK11

Reaction score
You’re trying to do analysis in the moment.

If we were all around in real-time when Rosa Parks decided not to give up her seat I’d wager the vast majority of people would provide the same instant analysis you have saying “meh, what impact does one lady not giving up her bus seat have? What a waste of time...”

The reality is his actions have reverberated to point we are talking about high school kids, college kids, athletes in other pro sports making the same statement.

I’m not sure what kind of quantifiable cause/effect you’re looking for? Do we need a cop to say “well, I was gonna shoot that black guy if it not been for Colin Kaapernick...”

The fact that some have hijacked Kapernick’s actions as a direct insult to the military is bizarre and misguided and not his responsibility to answer to.

First of all, we've seen that many of the athletes aren't even entirely sure what they're protesting. Some are doing it just because others are.

Second, Rosa Parks protested blacks being forced to the back of the bus by NOT MOVING TO THE BACK OF THE BUS. Her protest both made sense in the context of the activity she was protesting and necessitated change. There was NO scenario in which her actions wouldn't result in public discourse about the topic. Either they allowed her to claim a seat meant for a white person, in which white people would have been outraged and in an uproar, or as we saw she was removed and arrested and blacks were outraged and in an uproar. In either case, people are talking directly about the issue and the action will force the public to acknowledge it.

Colin Kaepernick, a man raised by affluent white parents in an affluent white suburb and has little personal insight into the plight of the impoverished black Americans most often being shot by police, knelt during a football game to protest people being killed. And we're talking endlessly not about the issue he's protesting, polls have shown most can't even define his cause, but about respecting America and NFL collusion.

If you can't understand the fundamental difference in the above scenarios, I cannot help you understand. I can't teach a blind man the difference between blue and green.

2much2soon

Reaction score
That's funny. Listening to some of his press conferences is when I determined he was stupid.

I thought the same thing, then I learned the way he speaks is due to hearing issues he was either born with or came about when he was a child.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score

While i don't completely agree with everything you said, i appreciate a logical well thought out point of view other than "Kaep is an idiot" or "Kaep Sucks!"