Twitter: Jerry: Lets take it all the way

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is what you get when your GM is a cheerleader.
Hey..

The GM went and got Cooper.

It was wildly successful for us and has positioned us to make the playoffs with the move.

He is a cheerleader but that is part of his role.

All this stuff about him being a poor GM is really silly.

He makes decisions with Will Clay, Stephen and Garrett.

He also has 2 former HCs as offensive and defensive coordinators.

He has plenty of backup.

What he needs is for them to do their jobs.

NotForLong

Reaction score

Hey Jerry. 2016 Jerry 2016. I blame you Jerry. Now 3 yrs later and Dak still can't read a defense and Romo is the frickin NFL Nostradaumas. And now the fan base is held hostage as you jam Dak down our throats just to redeem your incredible stupid 2016 football decision.

Cry me a river Jerry.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
watching Dak is beyond tiresome as well

There’s no bigger Aikman fan than me (loves Roger as well), so I can fully see and get frustrated with Daks shortcomings, but unlike a million fans here, I recognize that we can’t just magically snap our fingers and have him replaced with an All-Pro QB.

But, on the other hand, it’s not like we’re rolling Matt Cassel or Brandon Weedon out there, and if the cards fall right, we could actually (albeit a small chance) win the whole thing (keeping with the subject of this thread) with him given the fairly strong supporting cast.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re not going far with this OL and the 31st ranked redzone offense. Too many penalties and negative plays in the redzone keep bogging us down. We continue to shoot ourselves in the foot time after time leaving points on the field. Having to settle for field-goal attempts with a kicker who’s not exactly Mr. automatic is going to get us beat in postseason if we get to postseason. Plus the defense hasn’t played well in 5 quarters. The D started showing cracks against Philly in the fourth quarter a couple of weeks ago.

This has been a very strange season for the Cowboys. Very difficult team to figure out. One thing I do have figured out is our lack of scoring is going to get us beat in the playoffs. Dak is taking far too many sacks, is struggling with ball security and we’re simply not scoring enough points to get it done in the playoffs. We’re putting too much on our defense to win games. It’s going to catch up with us.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The team got fat and happy after all the success they’ve had the past several weeks and didn’t bother to show up last week. The one troubling thing I’ve noticed about the Cowboys the past two decades is every time they start tasting some success they become complacent. The type of beating they took last week can send a team into a tailspin. It’s going to be interesting to see if they can get back on track Sunday and play a good game. If they lose they could end up in serious trouble! They better show up and play with that back to the wall mentality they played with prior to last Sunday’s game or we may not see another win this season. Even when the Cowboys play well games are going down to the wire.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Everyone was pretty much counting the Cowboys in the playoffs prior to last Sunday’s game because too many bad things have to happen for them not to make the playoffs. Well the first scenario for them to miss the playoffs happened last Sunday. They lost and the Eagles and Commanders both won. Doubt many thought Philly would beat the Rams. If the same scenario happens on Sunday with the Cowboys losing and the Commanders and Eagles winning, the Cowboys are going to be in a must win situation in week 17 against the Giants on the road where the team has won only two games all season.

The Commanders and Eagles play each other in week 17 so one of those teams is going to lose unless the game ends in a tie. The last thing the Cowboys need to have happen is having to go to New York to win a do or die game. The Giants would be licking their chops having the opportunity to ruin our season. The Cowboys better take care of business on Sunday and get a win or this dream of a season that saw the greatest turn around in franchise history could end in a nightmare.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The problem is he says things like this will no real plan or explanation on how it will happen.

He expects playoff victories just to happen because he wants to win.

He wants Will to be the factor, I want a brand new Lambo...

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Hey Jerry. 2016 Jerry 2016. I blame you Jerry. Now 3 yrs later and Dak still can't read a defense and Romo is the frickin NFL Nostradaumas. And now the fan base is held hostage as you jam Dak down our throats just to redeem your incredible stupid 2016 football decision.

Cry me a river Jerry.
Romo was a better Andy Dalton. You wouldn’t even bet money cowboys make the Super Bowl with him starting. So cut the crap about him being good

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
This staff is gone if we miss playoffs. Gone if we lose first playoff game. Just my opinion and could definitely be wrong because Jerry.

Lots of playoff success talk and not liking red zone offense.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
We’re not going far with this OL and the 31st ranked redzone offense. Too many penalties and negative plays in the redzone keep bogging us down. We continue to shoot ourselves in the foot time after time leaving points on the field. Having to settle for field-goal attempts with a kicker who’s not exactly Mr. automatic is going to get us beat in postseason if we get to postseason. Plus the defense hasn’t played well in 5 quarters. The D started showing cracks against Philly in the fourth quarter a couple of weeks ago.

This has been a very strange season for the Cowboys. Very difficult team to figure out. One thing I do have figured out is our lack of scoring is going to get us beat in the playoffs. Dak is taking far too many sacks, is struggling with ball security and we’re simply not scoring enough points to get it done in the playoffs. We’re putting too much on our defense to win games. It’s going to catch up with us.

All teams have flaws. Let’s just get in and see what happens.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s sending a message about expectations in my opinion. He’s been showing hints of a change in his expectations with more specifics of late. There is a reason for that.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Cry me a river Jerry.
geez..

we are one game out of winning the division.

I want to see this post again after we win it.

You will be looking pretty stupid.

And I know you aren't.

So hold off, huh?

:cool: