Jerry making mistake keeping Garrett

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
If the results of the Buffalo game is how this roster is going to respond and support Garrett then I’m going to call it hogwash.

Their performance certainly didn’t reflect they had Garretts back . Lol
Jerry tried to fire the team up with his comments, hence "Jason has my back" But all it did was cause a distraction , it back fired. The players have enough on their plate to shut out all the outside noise much less coming from within the org. I'm not excusing the players performance but I think the owner took a risk and lost big time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry tried to fire the team up with his comments, hence "Jason has my back" But all it did was cause a distraction , it back fired. The players have enough on their plate to shut out all the outside noise much less coming from within the org. I'm not excusing the players performance but I think the owner took a risk and lost big time.
It’s too toxic to overcome.

Not sure why there are some fans who want to hang on. I can’t believe it’s because Jason remaining in this Lame Duct dysfunction actually provides the best opportunity for Cowboys Football.

I’m assuming they are watching the games or are they simply listening to Jerry and the players?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Losing games and the level of performance is a form of losing the team. Do you need another loss Thur nite to further confirm?

Or did you see the team playing inspired on Thanksgiving All because they love playing for Garrett? Lol
:facepalm:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, what was your vibe after Thanksgiving? You feel like we have momentum heading down the stretch.

You don’t feel this toxic atmosphere knowing Garrett is all but gone isn’t negative vibe and not conducive for success.?

I’ve offered my thoughts and opinions. What are yours?

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
It’s too toxic to overcome.

Not sure why there are some fans who want to hang on. I can’t believe it’s because Jason remaining in this Lame Duct dysfunction actually provides the best opportunity for Cowboys Football.

I’m assuming they are watching the games or are they simply listening to Jerry and the players?
I think the damage is done , I was upbeat and "homerish" for the NE and Bills game but I don't have that same feeling for the Bears game , Garrett or no Garrett. I think they will loose regardless.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the damage is done , I was upbeat and "homerish" for the NE and Bills game but I don't have that same feeling for the Bears game , Garrett or no Garrett. I think they will loose regardless.
Then why keep Garrett?
Makes no sense. Why not try to make a spark?

cowboyed

Reaction score
Garrett doesn’t do anything but clap how will we miss him.

He may periodically clap on the sidelines but do you seriously think that is all he does. A head coach has to help draw up and or vet the game plan. He has to make sure the players are prepared and that the coaching support staff and coordinators are on the same page on each upcoming game. Please note that he wears a head set to assess the feedback from assistants and the play calling. He contributes to making/overruling play calling decisions impacted by progress or regress of the unit on the field.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Well, what was your vibe after Thanksgiving? You feel like we have momentum heading down the stretch.

You don’t feel this toxic atmosphere knowing Garrett is all but gone isn’t negative vibe and not conducive for success.?

I’ve offered my thoughts and opinions. What are yours?
You're like a parrot. Losing a game doesn't mean the team is turning on JG. It could, but that would mean there's evidence. Not your conspiracy BS. Losing a game doesn't mean things are toxic. It could, but there would be clear examples.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He may periodically clap on the sidelines but do you seriously think that is all he does. A head coach has to help draw up and or vet the game plan. He has to make sure the players are prepared and that the coaching support staff and coordinators are on the same page on each upcoming game. Please note that he wears a head set to assess the feedback from assistants and the play calling. He contributes to making/overruling play calling decisions impacted by progress or regress of the unit on the field.
That’s all his critics says he does. You obviously don’t know my history with Jason. I was being sarcastic.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Then why keep Garrett?
Makes no sense. Why not try to make a spark?

What is it with you and sparks, are you a pyromaniac? Let's twitter Garrett and tell him to bring a flame thrower. Hey he actually may need it for the Bears game in that Chicago outdoor stadium.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
THERE ISN'T A LEGIT SUB TO BRING IN.
My stance is anything is better than a Lame Duck who the team isn’t winning for.

Why aren’t we willing to try. This is obviously hopeless. Not sure why everyone doesn’t see it?

What do we have to lose?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're like a parrot. Losing a game doesn't mean the team is turning on JG. It could, but that would mean there's evidence. Not your conspiracy BS. Losing a game doesn't mean things are toxic. It could, but there would be clear examples.
I’m very passionate about my instincts . And relentless when I feel strongly about something.

So, do you need another loss in Chicago. What would sway your thoughts?

cowboyed

Reaction score
My stance is anything is better than a Lame Duck who the team isn’t winning for.

Why aren’t we willing to try. This is obviously hopeless. Not sure why everyone doesn’t see it?

What do we have to lose?

If you are being serious now, your suggestion is short sighted, naive to state the least. If we were out of any semblance of contention, possibly. The disruption is not worth it. It could make us look like bigger clowns.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you are being serious now, your suggestion is short sighted, naive to state the least. If we were out of any semblance of contention, possibly. The disruption is not worth it. It could make us look like bigger clowns.
My argument is the disruption we already have is too toxic to overcome. Thanksgiving was the first example. I expect this Thursday night to be our second example.

Regardless I don’t see how him remaining when his future is all but certain is a healthy atmosphere for success down the stretch.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Garrett isn’t the answet moving forward or most feel has been holding us back then why retain him now? Makes no sense to me. Especially with our effort last week. That’s what swayed me.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Jason is a Lame Duck HC now. He’s gone regardless how we finish. Everyone knows it. I don’t believe he’d want to stay or be welcome if we made it to the Super Bowl.

We still have a chance to finish strong and possibly make some noise in the playoffs.

Jerry is making this decision because it’s easier on him to leave Garrett in place because he doesn't really want another HC but the atmosphere is too toxic now for success with Garrett.

We might still back-in to the playoffs cause Egirls are even a bigger mess than we are. But with current environment it’s not conducive for success here.

After Thursday night it’s still not too late. We’ll have 10 days to adjust and hopefully provide a spark or we’ll otherwise possibly lose out. Which again will make the decision easier on Jerry.

Jerry, have some balls and do us all and Jason a favor. Once you know someone’s time is up it serves no one to leave him in place.
I think the last thing that Jerry wants is to have the team get hot because of a change and be forced to hire an interim guy that rode the wave. Better to play the season out and start clean next year.