Jerry making mistake keeping Garrett

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Petersen just stepped down, so he's been my pick for a new HC. That would be the ONLY realistic scenario.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Garrett has coached before in the last year of his contract, was he a lame duck then? Lame duck coaches are known to be either resigning or not resigned after a particular season. Garrett is neither. All we have is speculation after Jerry called out the coaches in the media, remember Jason has Jerry's back. We don't know the goals or stipulations the front office is expecting this season. Firing him now would just muddy the waters with a interim HC if Jerry has already decided to get a new coach.

If Jerry has decided to go another direction then any coach that would finish out the season is a lame duck. I don't think it's decided yet. It needs to play out. Personally I don't like our chances to go anywhere in the playoffs either way.
I just don't see a spark or advantage to letting Garrett go right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett has coached before in the last year of his contract, was he a lame duck then? Lame duck coaches are known to be either resigning or not resigned after a particular season. Garrett is neither. All we have is speculation after Jerry called out the coaches in the media, remember Jason has Jerry's back. We don't know the goals or stipulations the front office is expecting this season. Firing him now would just muddy the waters with a interim HC if Jerry has already decided to get a new coach.

If Jerry has decided to go another direction then any coach that would finish out the season is a lame duck. I don't think it's decided yet. It needs to play out. Personally I don't like our chances to go anywhere in the playoffs either way.
I just don't see a spark or advantage to letting Garrett go right now.
No, he wasn’t Lame Duck then. Most thought he’d be resigned especially after the type of season they were having. M

My entire premise is based on it has been all but decided. Not many wanted to keep him but Jerry.

Flamma

Reaction score
You seriously believe we have someone currently on the staff who is capable of turning this thing around overnight? Who? Why?

It happened in 2010 when he replaced Wade with Garrett. The team made a complete turnaround. From 1-7 to 5-3 and playing highly motivated. Something Garrett has rarely been able to duplicate since.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
No, he wasn’t Lame Duck then. Most thought he’d be resigned especially after the type of season they were having. M

My entire premise is based on it has been all but decided. Not many wanted to keep him but Jerry.
even if it's been decided it hasn't been announced , to me they are very different things regarding whether it will spark the players or not. I'm starting to wonder what will give the players a sense of urgency. Winning the division by default doesn't help.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I've read and understand the reasons for riding out the season with JG but ending it now feels like a move you have to make to send a message. Regardless of whether there is a clear path forward it not.

Blackrain

Reaction score
We all want the team to play its best and a great majority want Garrett gone . Getting rid of Garrett before the playoffs is not going to help the team if they are all behind him and 100% loyal no matter how bad Greg wants it to happen '
Getting rid of him if the team has lost faith and wont play for him anymore could light a spark and help us .

Who has the pulse of the team ? What is their feeling on Garrett do they still believe . It dosent matter what we want or what Jerry wants its who the team will respond to best from here to the end is all that counts .

The team seems to like Garrett and could have easily quit on him last year and didnt so they may rally to try and keep him from losing his job where as if he was fired now they might just cash it in and quit .
Who has the inside scoop ??? Dose this team believe in Garrett or not ???? Sorry but I need more than Gregs INSTINCTS before we fire the coach while in the process of trying to make the playoffs .
If we want to do something positive lets search the 5 continents till we find somebody that can kick the ball through the uprights consistently at normal ranges

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Okay bro, take your photo with jerry riding the dolphin, open photoshop and downsize it so it doesn't take up the whole monitor and then upload it again ... Please and thank you..
It won’t download on this site after I crop from my photo shop with IPhone. I can only upload on this site from original pic I copied. Sorry. I’ll delete after a few days. Hope you enjoy. I thought it was hilarious.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We all want the team to play its best and a great majority want Garrett gone . Getting rid of Garrett before the playoffs is not going to help the team if they are all behind him and 100% loyal no matter how bad Greg wants it to happen '
Getting rid of him if the team has lost faith and wont play for him anymore could light a spark and help us .

Who has the pulse of the team ? What is their feeling on Garrett do they still believe . It dosent matter what we want or what Jerry wants its who the team will respond to best from here to the end is all that counts .

The team seems to like Garrett and could have easily quit on him last year and didnt so they may rally to try and keep him from losing his job where as if he was fired now they might just cash it in and quit .
Who has the inside scoop ??? Dose this team believe in Garrett or not ???? Sorry but I need more than Gregs INSTINCTS before we fire the coach while in the process of trying to make the playoffs .
If we want to do something positive lets search the 5 continents till we find somebody that can kick the ball through the uprights consistently at normal ranges
The team didn’t appear to like Garrett enough Thursday.

IMO this has become too toxic atmosphere for success with a HC which appears certain to be gone after this season. My entire premise is based on the certainty Jason is a Lame Duck.

I’m not here to convince you or others my instincts or insight is correct. But I am here to express them and hopefully plant a seed. It’s up to you and others how they interpret and it influences thoughts.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry is still delusional that this team is actually good. Hey Jerry, just because the Eagles, Skins, and Giants all suck doesn’t make us any good.

I am going to be so pissed if we win this division at 8-8 and Jerry says “Garrett made playoffs, we are on the right track and he just needs more time”

Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh........no, no, no, this can’t be happening!!!