Jerry making mistake keeping Garrett

Blackrain

Reaction score
The team didn’t appear to like Garrett enough Thursday.

IMO this has become too toxic atmosphere for success with a HC which appears certain to be gone after this season. My entire premise is based on the certainty Jason is a Lame Duck.

I’m not here to convince you or others my instincts or insight is correct. But I am here to express them and hopefully plant a seed. It’s up to you and others how they interpret and it influences thoughts.

I think we all hope your instincts and insights are right but this is Jerry we are talking about who many times dose things that make no sense .

I would like to hear some inside the locker room information on how this team really feels about Garrett before we pull the plug on him at this critical part of the season .

I think this thursdays game will shed some light on the subject .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The team didn’t appear to like Garrett enough Thursday.
Based on what? There's was nothing to suggest the team doesn't like JG, in fact just the opposite was stated by players. Are you just making more things up?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Just to add on to your post Street Jori Epstein asked Dak what made him believe Garretts message was getting through to the Cowboys .

Dak said he talks to each and every player and THE COACHES MESSAGE is the one we are approaching each and every day with .

From our QB to the news media dosent look like the team has lost faith or dosent like Garrett .

OK Greg find us some current facts that suggest otherwise so we can continue this debate . I dont want to have to contact Chavez from young guns to take us to the spirit world to find the truth here .
I think as painful as it may be we have to follow Dak and Garrett on the mexican blackbird right up to our expected 1st round play off loss then ponder Garretts future from there

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Based on what? There's was nothing to suggest the team doesn't like JG, in fact just the opposite was stated by players. Are you just making more things up?
I was referring to the results of the game since the post I was responding was basically arguing Garrett remaining could help us win.

And I don’t make things up. They’re called thoughts which you may not agree with.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I was referring to the results of the game since the post I was responding was basically arguing Garrett remaining could help us win.

And I don’t make things up. They’re called thoughts which you may not agree with.
Things appearing to be something = the results of the game?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just to add on to your post Street Jori Epstein asked Dak what made him believe Garretts message was getting through to the Cowboys .

Dak said he talks to each and every player and THE COACHES MESSAGE is the one we are approaching each and every day with .

From our QB to the news media dosent look like the team has lost faith or dosent like Garrett .

OK Greg find us some current facts that suggest otherwise so we can continue this debate . I dont want to have to contact Chavez from young guns to take us to the spirit world to find the truth here .
I think as painful as it may be we have to follow Dak and Garrett on the mexican blackbird right up to our expected 1st round play off loss then ponder Garretts future from there
Players are usually going to be publicly supportive regardless. Much like Jerry is until he isn’t.

I’ll let the results speak for the themselves.

I’d argue that after a week of public humiliation for our coaching staff from our dysfunctional ownership that the team didn’t respond very well on Thanksgiving. That’s what I’m basing my thoughts on.

I don’t have to follow anything but my own instincts and insight. You’re welcome to follow whatever you like.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Things appearing to be something = the results of the game?
If the results of the Buffalo game is how this roster is going to respond and support Garrett then I’m going to call it hogwash.

Their performance certainly didn’t reflect they had Garretts back . Lol

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If the results of the Buffalo game is how this roster is going to respond and support Garrett then I’m going to call it hogwash.

Their performance certainly didn’t reflect they had Garretts back . Lol
Unless you have evidence that they don't support, this is you moving the goalposts. Losing a game doesn't equate to a lack of support.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jason is a Lame Duck HC now. He’s gone regardless how we finish. Everyone knows it. I don’t believe he’d want to stay or be welcome if we made it to the Super Bowl.

We still have a chance to finish strong and possibly make some noise in the playoffs.

Jerry is making this decision because it’s easier on him to leave Garrett in place because he doesn't really want another HC but the atmosphere is too toxic now for success with Garrett.

We might still back-in to the playoffs cause Egirls are even a bigger mess than we are. But with current environment it’s not conducive for success here.

After Thursday night it’s still not too late. We’ll have 10 days to adjust and hopefully provide a spark or we’ll otherwise possibly lose out. Which again will make the decision easier on Jerry.

Jerry, have some balls and do us all and Jason a favor. Once you know someone’s time is up it serves no one to leave him in place.
:laugh: I have a feeling Jerry is going to break your heart once again Greg.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unless you have evidence that they don't support, this is you moving the goalposts. Losing a game doesn't equate to a lack of support.
I can formulate my opinions however I choose.

Losing games certainly doesn’t support Garrett still has the team.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Jason is a Lame Duck HC now. He’s gone regardless how we finish. Everyone knows it. I don’t believe he’d want to stay or be welcome if we made it to the Super Bowl.

We still have a chance to finish strong and possibly make some noise in the playoffs.

Jerry is making this decision because it’s easier on him to leave Garrett in place because he doesn't really want another HC but the atmosphere is too toxic now for success with Garrett.

We might still back-in to the playoffs cause Egirls are even a bigger mess than we are. But with current environment it’s not conducive for success here.

After Thursday night it’s still not too late. We’ll have 10 days to adjust and hopefully provide a spark or we’ll otherwise possibly lose out. Which again will make the decision easier on Jerry.

Jerry, have some balls and do us all and Jason a favor. Once you know someone’s time is up it serves no one to leave him in place.

I just don't think it is as simple as that. Who would you immediately replace Garrett with? And if it is someone on the staff who would you immediately replace them with? As much as I believe a head coaching change is warranted I also understand you might as well finish the 4 games left in the regular season and see what happens. Our best option would be to pursue a head coach replacement after we are done and we can put some time and effort into it. I do believe we would keep Garrett if we advanced in the post season and there was an understanding between ownership and Garrett that coaching changes would have to be made on defense and special teams to state the least.

I think the atmosphere is more toxic in the media and the fan universe than internally. Our players still play hard under Garrett but the players aren't solely putting the blame on themselves. We still have a chance to redeem ourselves to some degree but it is a slim chance the way I look at it right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just don't think it is as simple as that. Who would you immediately replace Garrett with? And if it is someone on the staff who would you immediately replace them with? As much as I believe a head coaching change is warranted I also understand you might as well finish the 4 games left in the regular season and see what happens. Our best option would be to pursue a head coach replacement after we are done and we can put some time and effort into it. I do believe we would keep Garrett if we advanced in the post season and there was an understanding between ownership and Garrett that coaching changes would have to be made on defense and special teams to state the least.

I think the atmosphere is more toxic in the media and the fan universe than internally. Our players still play hard under Garrett but the players aren't solely putting the blame on themselves. We still have a chance to redeem ourselves to some degree but it is a slim chance the way I look at it right now.
Once the toxic negative energy is there then it serves no purpose to remain. Continuing to lose games only supports such notion.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Let Rod multi task. He’s not an interim HC we’d be interested in keeping. He’s fixing to retire anyway.

Anything is better than keeping a Lame Duck HC.

Holy cack, Rod's forte and acumen is just managing the defensive line nowadays. Linebackers and secondary are Kris Richard's domain. I don't think Rod can fantasize and pleasure himself at the same time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stop moving the goalposts. Show me ANY evidence of JG losing the team or ANY player suggesting this.

Go!
Losing games and the level of performance is a form of losing the team. Do you need another loss Thur nite to further confirm?

Or did you see the team playing inspired on Thanksgiving All because they love playing for Garrett? Lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Once the toxic negative energy is there then it serves no purpose to remain. Continuing to lose games only supports such notion.
To add, this team shows all the signs of players having lost confidence in the scheme/HC. I think they are trying, but it's simply almost impossible to continue giving full effort when you no longer believe in what you are doing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Holy cack, Rod's forte and acumen is just managing the defensive line nowadays. Linebackers and secondary are Kris Richard's domain. I don't think Rod can fantasize and pleasure himself at the same time.
Garrett doesn’t do anything but clap how will we miss him.