Jerry not interested on making changes w/Zack Martins contract?

mcmvp

Reaction score
We are in so much trouble offensively if we are soley dependent upon a RG to win. I aint buying it. Im out of touch then. This statement^^ is in left field.
I think your are severely underestimating the importance that Martin has to that oline

Flamma

Reaction score
The floodgates didn’t open when Elliott held out.
First, you have to be good enough to do it. Then the opportunity has to present itself. Others didn't hold out because they either got paid, or released. Martin's situation would be true for any player deep into their contract. There would be a lot more opportunity for players to use this card if they think they're good enough.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's a business and Zack knows Dallas has nothing close on the roster to replace him so Zack made a smart business move. He knows if Jerry doesn't want to pay him other teams will. His loyalty isn't to the Cowboy or the fans. It's purely a business decision where he thinks he has the upper hand, so he's going to exploit that. That's just business bro and sometimes it hurts the team or the fans but that's the least of Zacks worries
Even if everything you say is true, should ZM be worried about money at this point in his career? Is he strapped for cash? He should have money coming out of his ears and bathing in gold coins. Why is he stressing over more money? It has to be an ego thing.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Even if everything you say is true, should ZM be worried about money at this point in his career? Is he strapped for cash? He should have money coming out of his ears and bathing in gold coins. Why is he stressing over more money? It has to be an ego thing.
His motivation behind it is really irrelevant…

Sydla

Reaction score
yes I realize that.Im just saying any additional money he wants can be hashed out while he is at camp working. They can verbally agree to revisit this later in the year or after the year. The situation will be the same unless Jerry sits on his hands after June 2024 when the big cap hit is fully guaranteed. Thats the real deadline,in 2024. Nothing is gained by Zack handling it like this right now. This is so much unlike Zack. I think his agent is doing this.
Big cap hit is fully guaranteed?

What?

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not saying he can't pay him smart guy, I'm saying uts bad timing and should not be first on the list
Why does there need to be an order? LOL. The excuses for Jerry here are getting funny.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think your are severely underestimating the importance that Martin has to that oline
Of course he is.

With Martin you have a competent right side of the OL. Without Martin the right side is not even League average.

Throw in Tyrons injury history and this OL could get bad real fast without Martin.

Jarntt

Reaction score
We are in so much trouble offensively if we are soley dependent upon a RG to win. I aint buying it. Im out of touch then. This statement^^ is in left field.
You are indeed out of touch if you don’t understand Zack is probably our best offensive player, so yes we are very dependent on him. You could see what happened when Steele went down last year. Now double it.

Loso86

Reaction score
Why does there need to be an order? LOL. The excuses for Jerry here are getting funny.
Who's making an excuse for Jerry, the assumptions are hilarious to me. He has a contract, why wait until Dallas is talking and doing extensions with Diggs, Lamb etc to say ooohhh I want more money

Sydla

Reaction score
If you want to screw the cap up later yea keep doing it
So then your plan is to just either let him play next year at a 23 million cap hit or just cut him and be done with him?

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I think the super rich don't look at it as them having 60 million dollars. They look at is a 20 million sitting out there for them to claim. Like they look at is as losing 20 million and not as what they all ready have.

T-RO

Reaction score
This is so true… this thread could really end right here. Anybody that thinks Martin is replaceable for this particular season is completely out of touch with their team
CoSign this.

I've previously posted that Cowboys should just let Martin pound sand. The more I think about it the more I wonder if Zack does something different with sand: draw a line in it.

Dallas has a serious problem with o-line depth. There's nothing close to replacing Martin on the roster, and it's virtually impossible to find anyone who can via trade.

I predict Cowboys cave as their season is in jeopardy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It certainly seems that Martin is content to sit the season at this rate. If he handled his money well that is a possibility.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dude are you serious what kind of ridiculous statement is that??? you think somehow taking less money correlates to A championship?

let me know the last time that Emmett Smith didn't hold out for Max money and that 90s team many of them dudes got paid big they were some of the top paid players just like these guys are.. Every team has the same salary cap and they're able to fit players within the cap some of them are Patrick mahomes.... he's one of the top paid quarterbacks in the league and they're winning Super Bowl somehow when did he take less matter of fact they just came to him now they're giving them more money and he didn't even ask. how is it even possible then he makes so much money and they won a Super Bowl? Why in the world is Prescott's contract way down at #8 in overall average yearly quarterback pay scale and these other quarterbacks are now coming in with Lamar Jackson Justin Herbert Murray Deshaun Watson they all make a lot more money than Prescott, so what's the deal here it's just you want our quarterback to take less money,

show me the guarantee where if he takes less money we automatically win a Super Bowl, why is his money holding us back given he was on rookie deal and FT tag for 5years, then his first 2 years under 40 on his new deal and now it comes ti me to pay up on that backloaded deal and its too much? we didn't win with him on a cheaper deal for 6 years..

What players aren't being paid? Why are you in another man's money in his bag this place is out of control with the salary cap and money stuff other teams seem to find a way around it they have highly paid quarterbacks as well.

why doesn't the league just stop paying quarterbacks then?

Daniel Jones just got 42 million why is that he's not better than Prescott?? Salaries are going up not down for most positions especially at quarterback why is it Prescott the one that needs to take less?
No but it could help alot at the ultimate goal. Daks agent negotiated dirty, kept bumping the price after the team had agreed to their terms 3 times.

Emmitt was a different breed. He made the Cowboys roll. He made that superbowl team. Without him 0-2. What's Dallas record without dak?