Twitter: Jerry on 105.3

fivetwos

Reaction score
He's not going to slam his players on a morning radio show. lol You would have heard the same sentiments about Poe the week before he got cut. For a person you all call senile you sure get hung up on his every word. :laugh:
Well all the other owners' radio shows...um, wait...

Sorry.....all the other GMs radio shows are....oh well no....

I'm not sure what I mean. My bad.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So we've accomplished the following:

1) You've told Dak and his agent that you won't even consider another QB, so they can bleed you dry
2) Even if you had the first or second pick, other teams know you won't take a QB and therefore don't need to trade the farm to you in a deal to get Lawrence or Fields

Did I miss anything?

If Vito Corleone was our GM we'd own the NFL. :muttley:

a13f5c99b6b282fa8f374c0ce1b47b98.jpg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Draft Micah Parsons. Jaylon can be a cornerstone special teams guy. Maybe even special teams captain if he tries real hard....
I think jaylon would be perfect guy for cleaning jerrys glasses! and giving him high 5's when dallas isnt losing.

plymkr

Reaction score

The parts of Jaylon's game that are good is his warm ups and walkthroughs. Game day is what he needs to work on.

What kind of idiot GM and owner tells the rest of the league we will not draft a QB if we have a top 3 pick. That hurts us with trade leverage. Even if we want to trade down our idiot GM just removed any doubt that we won't take a QB. We can't fleece someone with a trade down if they know our strategy. Stupid. He needs to just shut up for once.

kumizi

Reaction score
2) Even if you had the first or second pick, other teams know you won't take a QB and therefore don't need to trade the farm to you in a deal to get Lawrence or Fields

That's also pissing me off.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

1) You've told Dak and his agent that you won't even consider another QB, so they can bleed you dry

Did I miss anything?
This ^^^

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I just can't see how you bring him back in 2021, especially if you are going to try to churn the defensive roster. Breaking even on the cap isn't ideal but at the very least, it's a break from the past regime and if you want to change the mix on the defense, he's an ideal candidate. You'll lose Crawford too. We will likely churn safety as well (or at least you'd like to hope they would).

But again, this is Jerry and he's stubborn to cut bait on guys he paid. Crawford is the prime example. The exact same situation - coming off a good year, they rushed to sign Crawford (like Smith) thinking the trajectory could make him really expensive in the following year. They got burned because Crawford had already reached his high point but never moved on from him. I guess they will just repeat that with Smith.

What’s more disconcerting is the fact Jerry is emotionally invested in Jaylon. He took a lot of flak for taking him fresh off a serious injury. He gambled and seemingly won. Then doubled down and resigned him early. Cutting bait would be an admittance of failure. I’m not holding my breath for him to do the right thing, lol.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why would Jerry trash his players in the media and tip off other organizations to our draft plans? He said what he should have

And if Jerry said anything other than what he just did, it would be front page news that he was throwing Dak under the bus. Then this website would completely freak out.

kevm3

Reaction score
Jerry did the right thing. Nobody is holding Jerry to his words now. "Oh you said you weren't taking a qb months ago, so you CAN'T!"

If these guys like what they see during the draft or Dak and his agent go crazy, they can easily take that qb. If some other team really wants one of those guys, they can still get a haul.

Why you say what you do right now is to keep the attitudes around the organization smooth. It's going to create a sour atmosphere if you start publicly lusting after qbs when Dak went out the way he did

fivetwos

Reaction score
And if Jerry said anything other than what he just did, it would be front page news that he was throwing Dak under the bus. Then this website would completely freak out.
Nope.

"We hope to sign Prescott long term as our preference, and fully anticipate being able to do so, however as an organization we owe it to ourselves and the fans to certainly explore all options if and when we are in that position."

It's not that difficult to play both sides and keep options open.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Something tells me Jerry's 40-year-old brain has shrunken down to the size of an 80-year-old mustard seed . . . :grin:

No matter what our gallant leader is sharing his egocentric misinformation about, we can rely on it being horse hockey.

Last edited:

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score

Did I miss anything?

4D CHESS!

Tussinman

Reaction score
Nope.

"We hope to sign Prescott long term as our preference, and fully anticipate being able to do so, however as an organization we owe it to ourselves and the fans to certainly explore all options if and when we are in that position."

It's not that difficult to play both sides and keep options open.
Agreed. It's not that tough at all.

Just like the Zeke situation. Strong front offices would of told the media that off-season (when they asked about future contract) "No we don't do holdouts with 2 years left. Our organization does not have a history of this and it's not something we will pursue at this current moment, next question".

Of course Jerry and his Son when asked the same question started blabbing "Zekes our boy for life" " we already have the money allocated for him" "Gurley is the starting point of the deal"

blueblood70

Reaction score
what a surprise i open up this weekly to find the same whine fest from the same member over and over and over..you need your binkies?

baby wipes to wipe away your salty tears?

because thats about all the whining will accomplish, NOTHING..

if you dont like it it has been and will continue to be this way forever..

so what we are all your therapists now, weekly crying and venting to make it known you are unhappy?

we get it nothing going to change , its the definition of insanity and yet here you are day and day out following every word , watching every game , and not liking any of it..why?

the Jonses will still be the owners, gms. president, player contracts, and hire all the coaches whether you like it or not..

so turn in your fan badges get off the wagon and go cheer for someone else..

if not how about less of the constant complaining five different ways we already discussed this all day today and now new thread with same quotes just all in one lace and the same exact responses all day every day, redundancy i the worst possible way, its groundhog day in here.

nagging all day 24/7

i hope they give JS a lifetime contract and money the size of Mahomes deal just to irritate you guys further,,

Last edited: