Jerry on extending Prescott's contract now

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
yess-family-guy.gif

John813

Reaction score
There is no real benefit to extending him now cap hit wise for 2023.

Any new deal would add the new prorated bonus to this year. Dallas has 8.9mil in cap space.
Prescott last contract got 66mil SB, which over 5 years(inlcuding 2023) his the additional cap hit would be 13.2mil.
And since then, contracts only have gone up.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no real benefit to extending him now cap hit wise for 2023.

Any new deal would add the new prorated bonus to this year. Dallas has 8.9mil in cap space.
Prescott last contract got 66mil SB, which over 5 years(inlcuding 2023) his the additional cap hit would be 13.2mil.
And since then, contracts only have gone up.
You don't know what you're talking about, John.

As an aside, what's up, bro? You stoked for the game Sunday night?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You know, for someone who some observers say Jones will not extend Prescott for whatever reason (acquiring Trey Lance for instance), he sure does talk about doing so. A lot.
He has to. He gets asked about it a lot.

I can't think of one legitimate reason why an extension couldn't be done right now. Nor any financial or cap related reason that it make more sense to wait.

I translate Jerry's comments to mean, "I'm not sure I want to tie up future resources on this player, at this time".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has to. He gets asked about it a lot.

I can't think of one legitimate reason why an extension couldn't be done right now. Nor any financial or cap related reason that it make more sense to wait.

I translate Jerry's comments to mean, "I'm not sure I want to tie up future resources on this player, at this time".
Jones has terminal diarrhea of the mouth. It could mean exactly how you translated it. In my opinion, it means the extension will eventually happen. The only thing anyone, on the outside looking in, can do is wait-and-see what will actually happen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know, for someone who some observers say Jones will not extend Prescott for whatever reason (acquiring Trey Lance for instance), he sure does talk about doing so. A lot.
Yea..as usually Jethro is responding to public perception and social media, etc.

There really is no Cap incentive to extend him until next year . He’s just trying to pacify the media and public pressure questioning if we will.

Obviously our intention is to extend him. That’s all this is about.