Jerry on extending Prescott's contract now

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dallas pays Dak $40M to overcome those types of teams. He hasn't elevated his game and the problem is that the team commits too many resources (money) on him, when they could potentially just spend it in other areas of the team.
That might be what a normal team would expect but not under Jethro Jone$. Remaining interesting and relative is the mandate, not winning championships .

Momanpr100

Reaction score
And how did that work last time lol. Dak doesn't mind playing without a extension, he proved that 2 years in a row

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I didn't say all. A lot of them are. They're no smarter in Texas than New York or vice versa.

It's a fan base that is largely A) stuck in the 1990s B) Wildly overreactive and C) Allergic to context.
greg said you shouldn't be a fan unless you were a local. Maybe he will comment and tell you that.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
As someone that thinks Dak can actually be a STARTER for a SB winning franchise, I wholeheartedly agree with Jerry waiting this out. There's no need to extend him THIS season. CeeDee deserves to be extended before him...and, that's a cheaper deal. Dak needs to prove he can get this team further than it has been since '95. PERIOD!!!!!
Exactly my sentiment. No need to do anything now. Let's see how this season turns out. If Dak wins the SB with this team he has earned a huge next contract. If not they should whip his feet and send him packing barefooted.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve been saying since the end of last season, he’s not going to extend Dak until he sees how he plays this season.

basel90

Reaction score
jerry is right on this point. make dak prove it this year with a loaded SB caliber team . or else , consider other options .

John813

Reaction score
Daks contract next year is a problem for the salary cap the way it's structured, that's why Jerry wants to get an extension done this year..
Can get it done any time during the dead of the offseason. Even if they start the 2024 offseason with the contract at 59mil they can make it work.

Ideally, his next deal has less signing bonus and more guaranteed roster bonuses like Herbert's deal. They can be restructured to a signing bonus to drop the cap in that year, but at least if Jerry does change his mind and want to do it asap it won't add more upfront prorated bonus hits.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys Zone meltdown will be epic when Dak gets an extension.
I will be enjoying the egg-on-face tossing while reminding them, "I told you so." lol

x-T39-D4d-I7-I2-EBe-TY2c-1.gif

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yea, you know the longer I’m in this forum the more I realize it doesn’t really represent or reflect Cowboys Nation which makes me question some members here on an anonymous site. There must be more infiltration than we realize . Either that or the minority voice is dominating the airwaves. Prob both.

Most Cowboy fans here locally while frustrated with this era realize that while Prescott isn’t Elite he isn’t our core issue preventing us from more success . As a matter of fact he’s part of why we are contenders. Unfortunately there are some better teams and or QB’s out there.
Speak for yourself

Qcard

Reaction score
Yea, you know the longer I’m in this forum the more I realize it doesn’t really represent or reflect Cowboys Nation which makes me question some members here on an anonymous site. There must be more infiltration than we realize . Either that or the minority voice is dominating the airwaves. Prob both.

Most Cowboy fans here locally while frustrated with this era realize that while Prescott isn’t Elite he isn’t our core issue preventing us from more success . As a matter of fact he’s part of why we are contenders. Unfortunately there are some better teams and or QB’s out there.
:hammer:

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys are carrying $25 million in pro-rated bonus for Dak already, through 2025, even though 2025 is a Voided year. They either have to sign him after 2024 or they will have to eat a huge amount of dead money.