Jerry on fans believing he's the biggest issue: That's very fair

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We got to Super Bowl 30 by the skin of our teeth and won it by an even smaller margin in my opinion. It would have been better have we not and the grand scheme of things. Maybe he would have taken a step back by now.

Did anyone here really think we were going to win another Super Bowl after that? I knew we were done. The players also knew it. One more round of free agency departures and one more draft of absolute scrubs and we were done.
I think Jerry has said he runs his football team like he tugs his businesses. So knowing that I’d say he would’ve never changed.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on, guys, he really doesn't believe this. He believes we are not football people, and we have no clue what's really going on.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I am thinking Belichick too. He has mentioned (if I remember this correctly, sometime last year) that at his age that he could give up some roster control to focus solely on coaching.

Jerry also has said there’s “no doubt” he could work with BB, and called BB his “friend”.

It makes sense. It’s a flashy hire and Jerry would be happy about that.

I’d like to see Belichick bring in a young OC, so he can handle the defense and “head coach stuff”.

But knowing Jerry he’ll promote Zimmer or something.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I am thinking Belichick too. He has mentioned (if I remember this correctly, sometime last year) that at his age that he could give up some roster control to focus solely on coaching.

Jerry also has said there’s “no doubt” he could work with BB, and called BB his “friend”.

I’d like to see Belichick bring in a young OC, so he can handle the defense and “head coach stuff”.

That young OC would probably be the not so young Josh McDaniels.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Appearing for a weekly radio interview with 105.3 The Fan, Jones was asked about the perception most fans hold: that he is the primary problem with the state of the franchise. He gave an honest answer.

"That's very fair," the longtime owner said via The Fan. "It's well known that no decision is ultimately made [if I don't approve it]. That's very fair. Now, let me just say this. Do I have a huge amount of input in making those decisions when they've done their homework? They (Cowboys staff members) [provide] very influential input to me. And we've got a lot of people in the Dallas Cowboys that have done their input and I think I've forgotten what it is now. I'm not trying to say this, but if you look at who's won the games over the last four or five years, Kansas City has of course, but we're not far (off). We're right in that pack now. We're in a soft spot. We've got to get out of it.

wth is he saying!!! he is not taking responsibility as the GM....you freaking took the inputs...you are ultimately responsible as the top personnel person...stop pointing fingers.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Stephen a was talking about it today. It’s already in motion.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Appearing for a weekly radio interview with 105.3 The Fan, Jones was asked about the perception most fans hold: that he is the primary problem with the state of the franchise. He gave an honest answer.

"That's very fair," the longtime owner said via The Fan. "It's well known that no decision is ultimately made [if I don't approve it]. That's very fair. Now, let me just say this. Do I have a huge amount of input in making those decisions when they've done their homework? They (Cowboys staff members) [provide] very influential input to me. And we've got a lot of people in the Dallas Cowboys that have done their input and I think I've forgotten what it is now. I'm not trying to say this, but if you look at who's won the games over the last four or five years, Kansas City has of course, but we're not far (off). We're right in that pack now. We're in a soft spot. We've got to get out of it.

wth is he saying!!! he is not taking responsibility as the GM....you freaking took the inputs...you are ultimately responsible as the top personnel person...stop pointing fingers.
Comparing us to KC ?
We are not far off from them ?
We cant get to a NFCCG and they have won SBs
Jerry must be in his own world,
or just trying to spin what a failure we have been in the post season.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Then how can you speak for a billionaire then? I don't doubt it. My point is if it was about the billions he would run his organization differently. But it's not about the money. Cowboys as a SB contender....just making it in one of these last 28 years? $$$$$$$
Point well taken and acknowledge good sir I can't it was just speculation on my part completely. If it is not about the money then what could it possibly be? If it's SB's then is he so desperate to prove he can do it without you know who that he will wield power to the end of his time trying?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not at all but he could be off doing anything he wants and enjoying the very best of the greatest luxuries in life.

Instead he wants to run an NFL team because his ego wont let him admit that he can’t do it successfully.
running the #1 NFL team in the world seems like a great luxury.

plasticman

Reaction score
When yall bring up death man it goes too far.
I disagree.

Jerry has emphatically stated that he will never step down. That is synonymous with saying that he will be the GM until death.

Therefore, by his own words, we know there will be no change at the GM position until Jerry's death.

There is no other interpretation. That is a rather blunt way of putting it but entirely factual.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree.

Jerry has emphatically stated that he will never step down. That is synonymous with saying that he will be the GM until death.

Therefore, by his own words, we know there will be no change at the GM position until Jerry's death.

There is no other interpretation. That is a rather blunt way of putting it but entirely factual.
So you wish he died so he can step down?

plasticman

Reaction score
So you wish he died so he can step down?
I would like for Jerry Jones to not be the GM of the Dallas Cowboys.

I realize, by Jerry Jones's statements, that this will only happen upon his death.

I am not hoping for, nor do I plan on celebrating, his death. However, I realize that there is the potential for better team management as a result.

If your grandmother plans on leaving you a large sum of money in her will, do you wish her dead?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would like for Jerry Jones to not be the GM of the Dallas Cowboys.

I realize, by Jerry Jones's statements, that this will only happen upon his death.

I am not hoping for, nor do I plan on celebrating, his death. However, I realize that there is the potential for better team management as a result.

If your grandmother plans on leaving you a large sum of money in her will, do you wish her dead?
Hell no I don’t lol. You gotta put life into perspective when death brings you some form of pleasure.