Jerry on fans believing he's the biggest issue: That's very fair

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He's already said he believes there is no one who is better able to restore the team to greatness.

So what if he agrees the fans have the right to criticize him, doesn't mean he'll change.

Is delusional, always will be. The success the team had in the 1990's went to his head, believing he had a major role in that success.

He'll go to his grave believing that.

Sad for him, sadder for us Cowboys fans...

CWR

Reaction score
You are 100% correct if he is a narcissist. I certainly think he is and has always been one.
This is one instance I wish you'd argue and tell me how wrong I am. We are stuck with this guy until the bitter end.

I'm looking at Jayden Daniels and Washington and imagining how relieved those fans are to be done with Snyder.

How pathetic to be jealous of Washington. Smh.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m open to how you’d suggest forcing the issue with him.
Force? No. I would not use that term. Like I said in February 2022:

... Unfortunately, Jones was a different animal before anyone in Dallas knew his name. You cannot coerce him by attacking his financial bottom line. The key has always been to relentlessly badger his self-image. The same goes for Mike Brown in Cincinnati. It is a failed concept thinking money (or lack there of) would be the motivation for getting such individuals to ever bend backwards.

I did not find anything immediately related to our past discussions on the topic after a quick search but did find this reply I made to another member from March 2019:

... Getting enough people to not pay and eat at stadium revenue to the point where it made Jones' frown is questionable. How much of a decrease would be enough? 10%? 25? 50%? More? In my opinion, Jones loves making money but I doubt his love of money overrides his self-control over decision-making. I seriously believe Jones would remain stubborn if stadium revenue dipped 50%.

I have always mentioned basically two types of public display that would smack Jones psychologically. Getting paying fans to walk out would be hard. Getting fans inside the stadium to exhibit their dissatisfaction would be far easier. Wearing paper bags over heads would be a great suggestion but some people are too prideful. Fans have always displayed signs at sporting events. An alternative to paper bags would be convincing fans to display signs that taunt Jones. 10,000 or more signs would play fantastic in front of any network cameras and generate weekly national discussion that Jones could not ignore.

Similarly, thousands of non-paying fans could picket Jones in areas outside the stadium. Local television stations might pick up on the public display of dissatisfaction first but the networks would quickly follow suit. What expenditures would picketing fans be out of? Gas? A couple of hours of their own time? AT&T Stadium ticket prices have marginalized a significant number of fans for a long time. Converting and organizing that already existing dissatisfaction into public expression should not be THAT difficult. The weekly sight would prompt weekly questioning of Jones to explain fan disgruntlement. That sort of thing would wear on his narcissist nature.

Anything is possible but some things are farfetched. However, there are plausible alternatives. It is simply a matter of thinking outside the 'improbable' box.

There have been other times I have spoken on the topic. I may speak again at length about my perspective in the future but not today.

As always, I do not claim having a foolproof solution. Jerry Jones is an unstable variable as is concerning how exactly he would react to any perceivable outside pressure he might feel about how he conducts football management. Simply said, I do not think conventional methods will work on his non-conventional mind. He would have replaced himself as GM decades ago without any pressuring incentive if he were the conventional type.

Just my two cents. :)

fivetwos

Reaction score
what else does he have to do?

you're a multi billionaire and own the cowboys. do you really care what some named "iceberg" or "fivetwos" thinks?
Not at all but he could be off doing anything he wants and enjoying the very best of the greatest luxuries in life.

Instead he wants to run an NFL team because his ego wont let him admit that he can’t do it successfully.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is one instance I wish you'd argue and tell me how wrong I am. We are stuck with this guy until the bitter end.

I'm looking at Jayden Daniels and Washington and imagining how relieved those fans are to be done with Snyder.

How pathetic to be jealous of Washington. Smh.
Bold> I wish I could argue but his annual 'I Am The Final Decision-Maker! All hail The Mad Genius!' attitude since March 1994 will not permit me to do so

Reactions: CWR

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has said similar things many times over the years. It boils down to...... He accepts responsibility, but not accountability. He is not willing to step down. As long as the Cowboys score big tv rating, sellout stadiums, and sell merchandise, there is zero pressure on him. He doesn't see the blind spots we do b/c he is literally living inside his own bubble.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
There is one thing confirmable while attending a game in person. It is something you cannot gauge as well when watching and hearing a game away from the stadium. You get to hear the same crowd reaction as Jerry Jones does.

Cowboys fans were doing some extremely loud booing Sunday during the first three quarters, especially when the offense was on the field. The volume was louder for booing than cheers--for example, when fans were urged to get loud on third down for the defense.

That action should be a starting point for Dallas fans at games. It should be repeated for all games. Hopefully, some of it would morph into jeers by name directed at Jones. Something like... "JERRY SUCKS!" That would be pretty good...
Fans showing up wearing paper bags would wind up his ego.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans showing up wearing paper bags would wind up his ego.
Can you imagine the look on his face seeing paying customers diss him like that in person? Remember his expression when Tim MacMahon put him on the spot on camera, repeatedly badgering his GM competency? That sucker was steaming hot. I think his face would look worse than that. Perfect for network cameras.

Cmac

Reaction score
.....the words of the guy at the carnival with a rigged game and kids crying because they didn't win a stuffed animal.

fivetwos

Reaction score
After the debacle that was the Packers loss earlier this year, Jerry proclaimed that he was " ALL IN ".
He then proceeded to do mostly nothing in free agency, while we had a ton of free agents leave.
He then drug his feet most of the off season before signing CD to a fair market value contract.

The cherry on top of this crapfest of an off season was to give a good regular season QB the largest average salary contract in NFL history.

I have said this until I am blue in the face, this team is never having meaningful success until Jerry and and son are no longer in their current front office positions.

The NFL is a very competitive league. We are at a severe competitive disadvantage having two amateurs at the two most important front office positions.

No other NFL team has the lack of accountability in the front office that the Cowboys have.
This dysfunctional set up filters down to the coaches and players.
This is why the team has no heart and folds like a cheap suit the moment they get punched in the mouth.

I am at my limit after 49 years of giving this team my undying loyalty.

So I am stepping back and limiting my involvement with this team.

I am no longer having my Sundays revolve around this teams schedule.

If they are on local TV fine, I will watch. No more trips to the sports bars.

No more rearranging my families plans to accommodate watching games.

Until Jerry gets serious enough about winning to make meaningful changes thats gonna be my strategy.

I am beyond fed up with this poorly run excuse of a football team where the mantra seems to be just staying relevant.

As a side note, I really appreciate the Cowboys Zone. The banter and gameday game threads has kept me more involved with the team
than I otherwise would be.

Really have enjoyed the friendships made here.
I’m with you.

They lose games in March before they even GET to the fall.

This plan doesn’t work, has proven so, yet they refuse change. They claim to have maximized the payroll, yet the group they have put together is clearly not even close to good enough. It’s not about the “ball bouncing the right way.”

So where exactly does it go from here? That’s a fair question and not one a local media member ought to be fired over when Jerry calls their boss to complain.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Can you imagine the look on his face seeing paying customers diss him like that in person? Remember his expression when Tim MacMahon put him on the spot on camera, repeatedly badgering his GM competency? That sucker was steaming hot. I think his face would look worse than that. Perfect for network cameras.
Maybe have a campaign of fans handing out paper bags before games....... :muttley:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Only thing Jerry cares about from fans is their money. And that's the ONE thing fans can keep from him but don't. So yea....Jerry should bend you over...

J_Allen

Reaction score
I disagree. I think this 28 years has been about showing he can win without Jimmy and we suffer.
We got to Super Bowl 30 by the skin of our teeth and won it by an even smaller margin in my opinion. It would have been better have we not and the grand scheme of things. Maybe he would have taken a step back by now.

Did anyone here really think we were going to win another Super Bowl after that? I knew we were done. The players also knew it. One more round of free agency departures and one more draft of absolute scrubs and we were done.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Jerry can say he accepts responsibility, it doesn't matter it won't lead to any real changes, Jerry will just keep on talking.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He would if all his haters would disappear and make him irrelevant. Until then, he's gonna be around as long as he's healthy and then we get Stephen. YIPEE!
That’s the dilemma. He loves it when someone is talking about him, even if it’s negative (just don’t question him too loudly). It’s a trait of his personality disorder that there are no meds for.

Unless the path this team appears to be on takes a dramatic turn, fan apathy isn’t all that far off….meaning both haters and homers will each no longer care, or will much less, and that’s his biggest fear.

He knows he has more up his sleeve even if this season bombs out with the Belichick talk, while all the while he will be talking to Rex Ryan so nothing else changes except the guy standing on the sidelines. Stephen will be against the hire when told Rex wants to spend money on defensive free agents. Jerry flexes his veto power and takes his Staubach bomb shot at winning “his way.”

Book it to happen.

For 2025……

Rex Ryan HC/DC
Brian Schottenheimer OC…..so as to not upset the QB and Jerry can name a coordinator as he has done in every hire since the first. Has yet to work out but that isn’t really a factor.